HelloKitty123

Interview Reschedule Requested, but can go now?

9 posts in this topic

I received an interview letter for my I-751 waiver case. I was out of the country at the time and so I wrote a letter requesting a reschedule, and my friend sent the letter for me just one week before the appointment date. It was an express mail and it was received by the immigration office the next day.

Right after the letter was sent, something happened and I changed my mind and plan to attend the interview.

I'm just wondering if the immigration will read the letter and reschedule my interview in 1 week, and when I show up at the interview, they'd be like "why are you here?"

OR I should go to the interview anyway. Would they still do the interview even if it is rescheduled?

I'm so confused :(

Edited by HelloKitty123

Look, no one can tell you one or the other is right. There have been cases where people sent their reschedule notice (AOS) and were denied for failing to show up at the interview because the notice didn't make it to the IO who was scheduled to interview them.

Where is friend's husband? What does he say about this? BOTH of them will have to attend the ROC interview. If she can come back and still make it to 7/13 interview, I'd say all the better.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

You won't have anything to lose if you go and they tell you your appointment is being rescheduled BUT you have everything to lose if you don't go and they tell you your appointment was NOT rescheduled and therefore missed your appointment.

Jan 1999- F1 to USA

June 2006- AOS thru D.O.R.A.

Dec 2009- Oath. Finally a U.S Citizen

I am proud to be Tanzamerican!

You won't have anything to lose if you go and they tell you your appointment is being rescheduled BUT you have everything to lose if you don't go and they tell you your appointment was NOT rescheduled and therefore missed your appointment.

Agree :thumbs:

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

As long as you don't receive another letter of appointment for a different date, you're ok to go.

It happened to me on my initial GC interview, my company was sending me to training for 2 weeks, and I asked for a reschedule, but then training dates were changed, and I was able to go to the interview on initial date. Officer assured me that as long as I don't have a reschedule date I'm good.

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Thank you guys. You guys are right.

I'm just wondering if my trip to the interview will be a waste of time, energy and money because I'm flying from another country. But oh well, I bought the plane ticket.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If I were you, I'd show up for the initial interview date. If you receive another interview date, show up for the first one anyway. At best they'll take you in, and at its worst, they'll send you back. I would definitely go. Good Luck!

IR5 For Parent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I dunno, reschedules for the local office are problematic, at best.

Is difficult for the request to wind it's way to the scheduling officer, IMO.

IF yer in country on the initial date, bring a copy of the reschedule request letter with you, and go to the local office with the original letter, then see what's what.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.