None-saurus

Question about timeline of I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend and enjoying your 4th of July holiday!

I have a question about the timeline of the I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. My Conditional Green Card will be expiring on 14th December 2011, so we plan to file the I-751 to get the conditions removed from the Green Card in September. Can anyone tell me roughly how long this process will take and when the new Green Card could be expected?

We plan to visit my home country, Sri Lanka early in the Thanksgiving week for 2 weeks - returning on the 6th or 7th Dec, on the assumption that it's not a problem for me to re-enter USA with only a week to go on my current Green Card. Or do you think the new Card would already have come by late November?

Any insights from your experiences is much appreciated! :)

Shani

Hi guys,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend and enjoying your 4th of July holiday!

I have a question about the timeline of the I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. My Conditional Green Card will be expiring on 14th December 2011, so we plan to file the I-751 to get the conditions removed from the Green Card in September. Can anyone tell me roughly how long this process will take and when the new Green Card could be expected?

We plan to visit my home country, Sri Lanka early in the Thanksgiving week for 2 weeks - returning on the 6th or 7th Dec, on the assumption that it's not a problem for me to re-enter USA with only a week to go on my current Green Card. Or do you think the new Card would already have come by late November?

Any insights from your experiences is much appreciated! :)

Shani

Shani,

When you send in your I-751, you will receive an extension letter for 1 year on your card. You will be fine to come and go. Just make sure you are flexable to make any interview they may request. Enjoy your 4th!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

it should take four and a half months, from start to finish,if you don't get the card by then you can use the one year extension letter you will receive when you get the noa-1 receipt letter,you can traval with the letter and your expired card togather.

Filed: Other Timeline

Shani,

sorry, but my crystal ball is cloudy. The entire R.O.C. process can take anywhere from 2 to 4 months, on few occasions much longer. Some couples are called in for an interview, so hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

If you mail in your I-751 around mid-September, you should have your NOA about 10 days later. Not later than mid-to-late October you should have your Biometrics appointment. So with some luck you will have your new card by Thanksgiving. If not you'll have to use your old card, which is not a problem, as the NOA extends its validity for another year. The only deal breaker would be an interview around Thanksgiving.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Lissette, jkelly and Bob, thank you so much for taking the time to reply! That's such a burden off our minds! We'll keep our fingers crossed that if we get called for an interview, it's before thanksgiving :D

Thank you once again! :)

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lissette, jkelly and Bob, thank you so much for taking the time to reply! That's such a burden off our minds! We'll keep our fingers crossed that if we get called for an interview, it's before thanksgiving :D

Thank you once again! :)

How is it going for you? Did you get your card yet? I applied in September 2011 for I-751, Biometrics in October and I haven't heard a thing!

Good news is I travelled to Canada and my card was expired. I brought the letter for extension and showed both when I came back to the states. There was no problem. I'm just wondering why it's taking so long. I also can't view the timelines on the USCIS site as the entry for that is messed up!

John and Becky - Permanent Resident since December 7, 2009!!!

K-1 Visa – I-129 - Vermont Service Center -Consulate: Vancouver, BC, Canada

2009-01-16 - I-129F Sent

2009-01-20 - I-129F NOA1

2009-04-24 - I-129F NOA2

2009-04-28 - NVC Received

2009-04-29 - NVC Left

2009-04-30 - Recieved NOA2 in mail!

2009-05-01 - Consulate Received

2009-05-02 - Received letter from NVC

2009-05-11 - Packet 3 Received and Sent - Interview Appointment Date Confirmed

2009-05-13 - Medical

2009-05-15 - Packet 4 Received and Interview Date - Approved!!!!!

2009-06-16 - Visa Received

2009-06-19 - POE Laurier, Wa

2009-07-04 - Married!

Adjustment of Status - CIS office: Albany, NY

2009-07-29 - Date Filed

2009-07-31 - NOA Date

2009-08-12 - RFE(s)

2009-09-01 - Bio. Appt.

2009-11-05 - AOS Transfer

2009-12-08 - Approved!!!!!

2009-12-14 - Greencard Received!!!!!

Lifting of Conditions - I-751 - Vermont

2011-09-15 - Date Filed

2011-09-15 - NOA Date

2011-10-18 - Bio. Appt

2012-07-12 - Approved!

2012-07-21 - Green Card Received!!!!! Now for Naturalization!

Naturalization - I-400

2013-03-25 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX

• 5 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 2/1/2012 at 10:15 AM, Canadian/American said:

How is it going for you? Did you get your card yet? I applied in September 2011 for I-751, Biometrics in October and I haven't heard a thing!

Good news is I travelled to Canada and my card was expired. I brought the letter for extension and showed both when I came back to the states. There was no problem. I'm just wondering why it's taking so long. I also can't view the timelines on the USCIS site as the entry for that is messed up!

There is no timeline alot of people waited for almost 5 years till they received a decision 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.