7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance just got her visa approved at the Consulate in Chennai and is finally coming here next week :) Have people gotten a second medical exam in the US for the AOS application? If you did not, did you get an RFE? And did the RFE delay the issuance of the EAD/AP? Our situation is that we are getting married the day after she returns and filing the AOS the next day because we need the AP quickly so we can travel. I would like to file without the medical (since I've heard that the medical she did for the K-1 is sufficient) so it can be filed right away and we get the AP quicker. However, I've heard from many people that they were told to get a second medical for the AOS. Any advice?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need to complete the medical, especially if over 90 days since it was done, she will not have to redo her shots, but will need a TB test and her chest x-ray will be looked at. Our Certified surgeon looked at her records combined them and she was good to go. You can't rush them, remember AP is no guarantee to get back into USA. But there is lot to see here.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance just got her visa approved at the Consulate in Chennai and is finally coming here next week :) Have people gotten a second medical exam in the US for the AOS application? If you did not, did you get an RFE? And did the RFE delay the issuance of the EAD/AP? Our situation is that we are getting married the day after she returns and filing the AOS the next day because we need the AP quickly so we can travel. I would like to file without the medical (since I've heard that the medical she did for the K-1 is sufficient) so it can be filed right away and we get the AP quicker. However, I've heard from many people that they were told to get a second medical for the AOS. Any advice?

The medical hse went thru is good for one year from the date of entry. If you file the AOS as you say she will not need a second medical. Look into getting the follow up shots at your local health clinic. I did mine for 23 dollars instead of the 300 a doctor wanted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She does not need a new medical done. When filing for AOS from a K-1, the medical you had for the visa interview is good for one year. If all her vaccinations were complete, then just send in a copy of the DS-3025 showing that her vaccines are complete. If she still needs some vaccinations, then you need to find a civil surgeon and complete Part 1, Part 2-vaccination section only, and Part 5 of the I-693. You do not need to repeat a medical or get a new TB test. You would only need to get the missing vaccinations, and have all of them transcribed onto Part 2 of the I-693. You can read about the requirements for those with a K-1 in the I-693 instructions.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What Jay-Kay said is spot on. Just make sure when you go to the civil surgeon that you take a copy of the instructions with you for the I-693. I filed my AOS this week and had a nightmare with the civil surgeon over me not having to have another medical. It wasn't until I showed him the instructions for the I-693 that he signed it. $25 to transcribe the vaccination records and sign the declaration. Otherwise it would have been over $250 for a new medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You will need to complete the medical, especially if over 90 days since it was done, she will not have to redo her shots, but will need a TB test and her chest x-ray will be looked at. Our Certified surgeon looked at her records combined them and she was good to go. You can't rush them, remember AP is no guarantee to get back into USA. But there is lot to see here.

That is not correct. If you medical exam was completed within one year of you filling for AOS. You DO NOT need a second medical exam. Only if you DS-3025 (vaccinations) is marked in complete, you would need a civil surgent to sign you off on the vaccine portion, not the entire medical exam. See the link below for reference, note 11.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

That is not correct. If you medical exam was completed within one year of you filling for AOS. You DO NOT need a second medical exam. Only if you DS-3025 (vaccinations) is marked in complete, you would need a civil surgent to sign you off on the vaccine portion, not the entire medical exam. See the link below for reference, note 11.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Actually there's a whole lot of us on VJ who didn't get our vaccines transcribed to an I-693 NOR was our medical marked complete. I'm talking about 2008 all the way to last week. "Incomplete" AND "may be eligible for a blanket waiver" is acceptable if the required shots were recorded on the DS-3025. If not, then any shots needed after that will have to go on an I-693.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.