6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELLO everyone. My friend told me that this site will help me get information that would answer our query. My dad is a Lawful Permanent Resident in Guam. He filed petitions for us Last 2005. I am 16 years old that time, my brother was 15 and the youngest was 13years old. The petition was approved Nov2008 however there is a delay with the papers sent by the consular office here in the Philippines. We received the Packet4 on 2010. It stated that we can have our medical examinations and visa interview. We went to the US Embassy here last month and the consul said that we might have a problem because me and my brother aged-out, Im now 22 and my brother is 21. Consul said that we need to pay $400 again for the reprocessing of our visa because it shows that the previous payments has been expired. My questions are:

1. Would our age interfere with our immigration?

2. What do you think were the reasons about the delay?

3. What would be the best thing to do for a speedy processing?

Looking forward to hear from you guys. Thanks in advance

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELLO everyone. My friend told me that this site will help me get information that would answer our query. My dad is a Lawful Permanent Resident in Guam. He filed petitions for us Last 2005. I am 16 years old that time, my brother was 15 and the youngest was 13years old. The petition was approved Nov2008 however there is a delay with the papers sent by the consular office here in the Philippines. We received the Packet4 on 2010. It stated that we can have our medical examinations and visa interview. We went to the US Embassy here last month and the consul said that we might have a problem because me and my brother aged-out, Im now 22 and my brother is 21. Consul said that we need to pay $400 again for the reprocessing of our visa because it shows that the previous payments has been expired. My questions are:

ok... request CSPA from the consul. This is normally done with the NVC. CSPA is a law that would protect applicants in things like these were there was a freeze from 2005-2008.. which would "put you back" 3 years to 19. Cannot say if it is too late. Age does interfere with immigration - yes..

Speedy processing is just folliowing the instructions when given.. emailing the condul when delays are extreme to you.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

When in 2010 did you receive the Packet 4? They may be asking you to pay the fee a second time because you delayed senind the paperwork back, as it is now half way through 2011.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you absolutely sure about these dates? Was the petition approved in 2008, or did the priority date become current in 2008? The difference is critical because time spent waiting for the petition to be approved can be deducted from your age when determining your effective age for a visa, but time spent waiting for the priority date to become current cannot be deducted. I would be surprised if the consulate didn't calculate your CSPA age correctly.

If your CSPA age is over 21 when you apply for the visa then you've aged out. You're no longer eligible for F2A. You've got some time to go before your priority date will be current for an F2B. According to the current visa bulletin, about five more years.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.