Empress of Groovy

The Roaring Hot Tub

117 posts in this topic

In other news, my 20-year high school reunion is coming up in a month or so, and I haven't a thing to wear! Any ideas for someone whose fashion sense tends toward the groovy?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

In other news, my 20-year high school reunion is coming up in a month or so, and I haven't a thing to wear! Any ideas for someone whose fashion sense tends toward the groovy?

How about that one piece maven keeps talking about. I'm sure thats perfect for a dressy occasion.

Did you save any of your high school clothes? Make it easy for them to recognize you. :thumbs:

I still have a few t-shirts, including a concert t-shirt from Paul McCartney's 1990 tour. It's a terrible design, and he has a mullet in the pic. All the boys who wouldn't give me the time of day would say, "Wow! What a babe she turned out to be!" And I can say, "Get in line, jokers!"

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

plaid pantsuit

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Nice to see you, Rachel!

And you! :)

And I'm sure the cats will be staying well away from any water! There is one black and white cat in the complex who used to try and drink from the pool, however!

I'm with charles! - a good plaid pantsuit? Stunning!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I just missed my 20th last month (bummer), but at my 10th I did briefly change into the same clothes I wore in the senior class group shot -- green flannel shirt over a men's white Hanes T-shirt, black shorts with ripped black tights underneath, 3-hole Doc Martens and topped off with a stretchy fabric headband. So stylin'.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I just missed my 20th last month (bummer), but at my 10th I did briefly change into the same clothes I wore in the senior class group shot -- green flannel shirt over a men's white Hanes T-shirt, black shorts with ripped black tights underneath, 3-hole Doc Martens and topped off with a stretchy fabric headband. So stylin'.

That sounds like a great look, if a little heavy on the cotton fabrics.

K-1

AOS

My housemates and I tried to use our apartment complex's hot tub yesterday. They just finished resurfacing it (and the pool!) so they're all nice and shiny and clean. But the other residents have not yet understood that the emergency button does not equal the stop button - and so it had been emergency-shut off. :(

Was it an elderly gent with pink x-ray goggles?

K-1

AOS

That sounds like a great look, if a little heavy on the cotton fabrics.

I may post a version of this look I sported a scant two years later so you can all see the hawtness.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Was it an elderly gent with pink x-ray goggles?

No, thank goodness! :lol: Just some teenagers. (They also occasionally pour bubble bath into the tub, and then its bubbles galore!)

There actually was one rather creepy old gentleman who hung out in the hot tub last summer; I think security eventually evicted him.

When I was at high school - or rather, sixth form college in the UK - it was all flares, shawls used as belts and bike-chains. Ooh, and one-shouldered tops, and about 50 bangles on each arm!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I have a hot tub. It's clean so you guys can come over and go tubbin at my house without the fat old men.

Sweet! I'll get my flippers & snorkel! Cuz that's not weird or anything!

Actually, there was a guy at the pool yesterday wearing flippers.

K-1

AOS

Check out this awesomeness! I think Joyce is going to faint!

3cf5d26a4b84207be675341de7448e29.jpg

My brain isn't functioning terribly well these days, and I wasn't sure if flippers was the word I was looking for, so I did an image search for flippers...apparently these glittery studz are Die Flippers from Germany! I'm embarrassed to say that I'd never heard of them. I'm sure Joyce has. In fact, she has probably toured with them.

K-1

AOS