Sam Sang

Hi i-765 who are you?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi !

Im going through the process of trying to move to the states to be with my wife who is an American and I am British. I was wondering if anyone could answer some basic questions. I have read alot but feel like being able to have someone answer my specific questions would be a real help.

We sent the I-130 Package off and my wife recieved a receipt in the USA.

Do I now wait for them to send me something? I have not given her an i-765 form or a i-485? Were they meant to be in the I-130 package. Do I even need them.Even with the guides I find this all baffling! I'm not sure what I am meant to be doing or what she is meant to be doing at this stage!

Any help would be great. I won't feel patronised if you spell out something that is obvious that I have not understood or missed, I promise :-)

Sam

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Are you saying that you did not understand this easy to follow guide?

There is a section on that page called "What happens after I send I-130?" or something similar. Give it a read.

Hi !

Im going through the process of trying to move to the states to be with my wife who is an American and I am British. I was wondering if anyone could answer some basic questions. I have read alot but feel like being able to have someone answer my specific questions would be a real help.

We sent the I-130 Package off and my wife recieved a receipt in the USA.

Do I now wait for them to send me something? I have not given her an i-765 form or a i-485? Were they meant to be in the I-130 package. Do I even need them.Even with the guides I find this all baffling! I'm not sure what I am meant to be doing or what she is meant to be doing at this stage!

Any help would be great. I won't feel patronised if you spell out something that is obvious that I have not understood or missed, I promise :-)

Sam

I-765 and I-485 aren't meant to go in the I-130 package if you're filling for the IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Basically, now, you just wait. On average, it's about 5 months before you're approved from whichever service center your I-130 was sent to (CSC or VSC).

Once you are approved, your case will be sent to NVC where you have to pay 2 bills and send in 2 more packages. While you're waiting for your I-130 to be approved, I'd suggest reading the NVC guides over and over again until you understand the process there.

http://www.visajourn..._live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourn...p/EZGuideSpouse

http://www.visajourn...he_NVC_ShortCut

After reading the guides, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Oh, and timeline.gif

Edited by Saylin

thanks for the help! I am going to print them out and study them hard, as if i'm taking an exam!

To clarify this in my head following my studies this is the process I have understood......

We have recieved receipt - My good lady in the states had this posted to her

I wait for up to 5/6 months to have the people at at the NVC post me and my wife some forms

These forms will show that my Wife and her mum will sponser me if need - I or her pay some fees when I post these back.

Time passess - weeks

They post me an interview date if everything looks swell

Time passes - weeks

I have a medical with my GP and collect bits our proof of bonafide marriage/ My wife also has an interview and a medical and does the same thing.

I and her are interviewed

I'm posted my passport with a VISA in.

I arrive in the USA ahve my passport stamped. Then greeted by my wife!

I get sent a SS number

I get a job

and we live happily ever after!?

Have I missed anything here?

Is this the basic process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Living happily ever after is the only part that matters !! The rest are just details--you have it pretty much right except your wife isn't interviewed, nor does she have to get a medical. And your medical is not with your GP--you will be given a list of approved docs.

Living happily ever after is the only part that matters !! The rest are just details--you have it pretty much right except your wife isn't interviewed, nor does she have to get a medical. And your medical is not with your GP--you will be given a list of approved docs.

aha! Thanks for that! She will be happy about that! I think I misunderstood the part where she is sent notice of the interview... It's notice of my interview haha She will be happy about that!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are a pretty cool guy, Sam--will make it ever so much easier to get thru the process.

Edited by magical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

most members at VJ not wait for NVC to 'post' them anything - instead using the LingChe shortcuts and the NVC Section of Loto's EZGUIDE Spouse as a reference.

You COULD wait for postal notification, but expect NVC processing time to be around 9 months - it's about 3 months for each thing.

Postal Notification is the kiss of death, at NVC, is 'go slow' mode - mostly members at VJ GO FAST, follow OTHER instructions than what NVC has promulgated (which is for postal processing, mostly)

Good Luck - 'waiting for post' is mostly not done here, at VJ, during NVC processing.

(Noo Noo, I'm not picking on you about this, I swear ! )

---

USCitizen spouse, the wife, will NOT have an interview, will NOT have any medical exam.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - but if you study the links in post #3 - they link to content that ya need, to handle all. You could get them to your wife, sure, by clicking the email link in 'share this topic' section. If yer posting from a handphone - wei - get on a PC, have another look at this topic.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.