marcodonaldson

RFE received a couple days ago

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody...so an RFE came in the mail. I see it as good news that our application has been looked at :innocent: Before I explain the RFE requirements please bare in mind I found VJ.com after I submitted my I-129F. Some of the requirements, after reading VJ, I know should have been there already. So....

1. Intent to marry (both by petitioner/beneficiary). I know VJ has a sample copy online. Can I send a copy of that to my fiance (filled out with the proper info of course)? She can print, sign, and email a copy back to me with a quick turnaround. Secondly, can we use one letter of intent signed by the both of us?

2. Circumstances of meeting. I guess they want a little more detail about how we met. Not a problem for me.

3. Copy of my passport with pages of stamped entries. Again, not a problem.

4. Evidence of meeting within last two years. I have numerous photos of her and I from when we met this past December/January. However, in the RFE it says "film-dated photographs. My photos, which are now on my computer, do not have the date-stamp on them. Will that be a big deal? My computer does tell me the date/time in which the photos were taken. I can go so far as to insert them using a program, I guess :blink:

Thanks for your help in advance. Never thought an RFE would be this exciting, but after waiting for months without any word or reply at least it's something! I can barely contain myself, hahaha!

We have just about the same timeline and we got approved 6/24/2011

Hi everybody...so an RFE came in the mail. I see it as good news that our application has been looked at :innocent: Before I explain the RFE requirements please bare in mind I found VJ.com after I submitted my I-129F. Some of the requirements, after reading VJ, I know should have been there already. So....

1. Intent to marry (both by petitioner/beneficiary). I know VJ has a sample copy online. Can I send a copy of that to my fiance (filled out with the proper info of course)? She can print, sign, and email a copy back to me with a quick turnaround. Secondly, can we use one letter of intent signed by the both of us?

Separate letters of intent are needed. I've always read here on the VJ site that original letters of intent are submitted. I am not sure if a scanned/pdf letter of intent is acceptable. Hopefully someone else can chime in. I sent originals myself.

2. Circumstances of meeting. I guess they want a little more detail about how we met. Not a problem for me.

A paragraph or two with enough details should suffice. You might as well sign and date it, too.

3. Copy of my passport with pages of stamped entries. Again, not a problem.

I provided a copy of the information page and where the entry/exit stamps.

4. Evidence of meeting within last two years. I have numerous photos of her and I from when we met this past December/January. However, in the RFE it says "film-dated photographs. My photos, which are now on my computer, do not have the date-stamp on them. Will that be a big deal? My computer does tell me the date/time in which the photos were taken. I can go so far as to insert them using a program, I guess :blink:

Mine did have date stamps and taped them on a blank copy paper and I added captions to it as where, when, and who were in the photographs. You can also write the info in the back of the photographs you will print out. It would even be better if the pictures you include matches up with hotels/places you visited while in the Philippines...for example, i provided pictures when we were in Samal Islands Davao, Coron & Puerto Princesa Palawan, and a night out w/ family in Manila.

Thanks for your help in advance. Never thought an RFE would be this exciting, but after waiting for months without any word or reply at least it's something! I can barely contain myself, hahaha!

I have read in VJ that after you've provided what they are asking for, that the approval follows 2-3 weeks later. Good Luck! Your approval is coming soon!good.gif

Edited by dindo and patty

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

1. You need to each have your own letter of intent, get your fiancee to sign hers and send it back.

2. Maybe do a thorough timeline and explanation of meeting, time spent together etc.

3. Copy of passport showing stamps

4. Yes if you have the capability then date the photos and also write names and location on the back. Also any other information that details where you were, other receipts or payments for events you might have gone to together.

I would send as much as you can to support your case.

(We didn't discover this site until after sending our petition either :blink: - sure makes a difference).

At least you know something is going on with your file... good luck!

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Thanks you two for your replies so far. Letters of intent from each sounds fine. I'll just use the template off of VJ for each of us. As for an original signature, I submitted a printed signed PDF copy of the G-325a from my fiance and that seemed ok. I'll wait and see if anybody else has advice on that. Snail mail between here and the Philippines before July 22 seems feasible but iffy.

Even though it will take a little bit of time, I guess I'll input the date stamps on my photos just to be safe. A small sacrifice for a large reward :yes:

I would send separate letters, per the instructions. Don't be shy about sending extra information either, but make sure that a cover letter details that you have provided all of what they asked for.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks you two for your replies so far. Letters of intent from each sounds fine. I'll just use the template off of VJ for each of us. As for an original signature, I submitted a printed signed PDF copy of the G-325a from my fiance and that seemed ok. I'll wait and see if anybody else has advice on that. Snail mail between here and the Philippines before July 22 seems feasible but iffy.

Even though it will take a little bit of time, I guess I'll input the date stamps on my photos just to be safe. A small sacrifice for a large reward :yes:

The G-325A is apparently not required to be signed when sent as it can be signed at the interview. ORIGINAL signatures are required for EVERYTHING. Don't keep cutting corners when the risk is so high. It's just not worth it.

My fiance used DHL from Cotabato city to send me her documents and application pictures using DHL and it got to me in 5 days.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

My fiance used DHL from Cotabato city to send me her documents and application pictures using DHL and it got to me in 5 days.

Cool. She's in Tangalan, Aklan. Closest 'major' city is Kalibo then Ilo Ilo City. I'll look into DHL for this.

My computer does tell me the date/time in which the photos were taken. I can go so far as to insert them using a program, I guess :blink:

If you right click on the picture, then click properties, then click details you should see the time and date the picture was taken. Also some printer software has the option to print the time stamp automatically on the photo.

Timeline

Since she's from Aklan, I hope you guys went to Boracay and took a picture with the sand castle. That's what I sent them on my original packet since the sand castle had the current date on it! :D

Naturalization:

09/11/2010 - Sent N400 Application (with fee waiver request) to Phoenix, AZ

02/16/2011 - I'm a US Citizen!!

K1 Visa for Fiancee:

03/11/2011 - Sent I-129 Application

03/15/2011 - NOA1 via Email

03/17/2011 - NOA1 Hard Copy

05/26/2011 - RFE

06/10/2011 - RFE Response

06/15/2011 - NOA 2 via Email

06/18/2011 - NOA 2 Hard Copy

07/13/2011 - NVC Received Case

07/15/2011 - NVC forwards to US Embassy Singapore

07/17/2011 - Consulate Received Case

07/21/2011 - Packet 3 Received

07/22/2011 - Packet 3 returned

07/29/2011 - Packet 4 Received, Interview Scheduled

08/19/2011 - Interview APPROVED!!

08/26/2011 - Visa on Hand

08/30/2011 - POE, Honolulu, HI

AOS

10/08/2011 - Married in Las Vegas

11/02/2011 - Sent I-485, I-131, I765 to Chicago Lockbox

11/04/2011 - Received and was signed for

11/17/2011 - Acceptance Text Message from USCIS dated Nov 4

11/24/2011 - NOA Hard Copy

11/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment 12/14/2011

12/07/2011 - Walk in Biometrics

01/05/2012 - I-765 approved + Ordered production of Card

01/13/2012 - Combo Card received , I-1765 and I-131

01/19/2012 - Interview notice! Set for 02/24/2012

02/24/2012 - Interview done! One more background check!

02/24/2012 - USCIS Card Production Notification

02/26/2012 - USCIS Decision Notification (Approval)

03/05/2012 - GC on hand!

Timeline

If you right click on the picture, then click properties, then click details you should see the time and date the picture was taken. Also some printer software has the option to print the time stamp automatically on the photo.

I looked into whether my printer software can do it, but no luck. I downloaded a program that can insert it for me. So it's good now. Thanks for the info though.

Timeline

Since she's from Aklan, I hope you guys went to Boracay and took a picture with the sand castle. That's what I sent them on my original packet since the sand castle had the current date on it! :D

:blush: No Boracay trip this go around though. My parents have a resort in near Tangalan so I only go to Boracay on few occasions. But I've seen the sand castles you are referring to :thumbs:

Timeline

DHL is quick but way too expensive for her. My work schedule is also really hectic this week for me to find time to send her money. She'll use LBC to get it here. Still pricey but not nearly as much as DHL and it will still be here quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The G-325A is apparently not required to be signed when sent as it can be signed at the interview. ORIGINAL signatures are required for EVERYTHING. Don't keep cutting corners when the risk is so high. It's just not worth it.

Yes, I have seen this previously that (with a link to the letter advising the signature of the beneficiary did not have to be an original for the petition as they could provide one at the interview), but I dont have a copy of the link. I think there was also some mention of the fact that the person looking at your file may not be aware of the letter however. Someone may have more on this since there is a timing issue for you.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

DHL is quick but way too expensive for her. My work schedule is also really hectic this week for me to find time to send her money. She'll use LBC to get it here. Still pricey but not nearly as much as DHL and it will still be here quickly.

Actually, my wife has used LBC several times to send me documents...LBC partners with DHL for packages sent from the Philippines to the US, so they wind up being handed off to DHL once it gets to the states anyway....and we've always found them to be very fast...in some cases only 4 or 5 days.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.