NeedInfo3839

Child Custody In Egypt (Slightly Off Topic)

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

In the words of a wise friend:

"Don't Feed the Animals!"

Some of you will get it, some of you won't. As a mother, I have a great many feelings about the situation, but will refrain from making comment as I don't see how it would be constructive.

Passing harsh judgment on those you don't know says nothing of the judged and everything of the judge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Never mind, I have nothing to say....just please take a step back and look at all of this objectively, and read the words in bold a few times........

Well again, I didn't mean anything insensitive toward the mother by asking about custody matters. It just kills you when you are talking to someone you love about his kids... Then his voice cracks, and he starts breaking down, indignantly SOBBING for like a half-hour straight. So bad he can barely get a word out, because he misses them-- and has to work far away from them. And he tells you he feels like he "doesn't deserve to be their father". Tells you how bad he needs you right now. You feel protective, like you just wanna reach through the screen and hug him. Or go to battle with everything that hurts him, no matter who is right or wrong...

I did the original post right after that happened. So if it sounded bias, that's probably why. But after calming down, I know its best for his oldest boy to be with us (since his mother passed away), and his youngest to stay with his mother.

Its not all about what Khalid wants, I'm also kinda tired of being without the person I love, and just working, working, and there never being anything meaningful to come home to. I want to be married to the man I love and have a family. I don't have anything tying me to the USA, I work a job I'm not very attached to. Pay rent month-to-month. Live alone. Rarely see my relatives anyway. If I'm not gonna raise a family here, then...

And since Khalid's ex would never live where he had to work (she wants to stay near her mother), he never would have had the chance to be more than a "summer dad" to his youngest son Youssef, whether he stayed married to her or not. They were never in love. But at least if Khalid and I are together, there would be love. We could raise his oldest son Adam, and we would all live in the same house together. We are best friends, and have most things in common. I AM willing to live wherever he works, because I am not really tied down here. As for meeting... We are kind of beyond the point of condemning each other over little personality quirks. Its not so simple as to decide we don't like each others mannerisms in person, and blow each other off. I am really all he has, and he is all I have.

Edited by Lisamarie

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A word of advice here for anyone who doesn't know any better: You can never ask a question in any MENA thread as all the people who are bored here or have their own issues will come here and make it a madhouse and make you out to be the worst person in the world and then go off topic and start fights of their own like some zoo. I usually read and run because I get so disgusted, but I will say something this time and for anyone sane out there in MENA land: please don't ask for any advice in this forum or give any of the crazy ones on here any personal info-they will tear you apart unfairly while thinking themselves perfect!

Just because she asked a naive question does not mean that her relationship is doomed just because her fiance wants custody of his child (right or wrong)! Please. Get a life. There are a few of you who are sane on here, but I have been sadly disappointed reading the MENA forum for years now and it's too bad because I am married to a Muslim too and will never find a sisterhood here, that's for sure. I don't understand why people are so mean and nasty here.

Erika, many of us have found a sisterhood and bonded here. Its too bad that a thread of sorts has to be taken off track but there are some people and I won't say who it is, does that. I'm sorry you feel that way, but those of us that have formed a sisterhood have become like family and very close. And I agree I dont get either why some people ave to be mean and nasty.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This place can be pretty intimidating for newcomers... but... I guess if I had seen lots of people hurt over the years, I can understand where some of the bitterness and/or skepticism comes from. A lot of you ladies have made me think, but I'm certainly still going ahead with the k1 process. :) I don't know if I count as a butterfly rainbow noob or not, but in many ways, I don't really care as long as I have realistic expectations for my fiance's and my personal journey.

I try to read with an open mind, take antecdata for what it is: antecdata... get the helpful information that some people certainly have... and try to ignore the drama. It's funny, because when I have told real-life people about this place, I always feel like I need to tell them to have thick skin on the MENA board and take everything with a grain (or ns-kilo) of salt. Yet I'm still here. Funny.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Erika, many of us have found a sisterhood and bonded here. Its too bad that a thread of sorts has to be taken off track but there are some people and I won't say who it is, does that. I'm sorry you feel that way, but those of us that have formed a sisterhood have become like family and very close. And I agree I dont get either why some people ave to be mean and nasty.

I couldn't agree more! I have made many good friends from this forum.. Most ladies here are generally nice and offer sincere help.. Even though there are particular people that turn every possible civilized discussion into a train wreck even when they are not addressed in the discussion..

I generally refrain from participating in a discussion going downhill and has the same member(s) everybody know(s)... People who know me from this forum, do know well I have never been anything but nice to everyone in my stay here... And, I personally think in order to keep this forum civil and hate-free some moderation action must be taking towards the member(s) that fuels hate and misinformation in almost every thread...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A word of advice here for anyone who doesn't know any better: You can never ask a question in any MENA thread as all the people who are bored here or have their own issues will come here and make it a madhouse and make you out to be the worst person in the world and then go off topic and start fights of their own like some zoo. I usually read and run because I get so disgusted, but I will say something this time and for anyone sane out there in MENA land: please don't ask for any advice in this forum or give any of the crazy ones on here any personal info-they will tear you apart unfairly while thinking themselves perfect!

Just because she asked a naive question does not mean that her relationship is doomed just because her fiance wants custody of his child (right or wrong)! Please. Get a life. There are a few of you who are sane on here, but I have been sadly disappointed reading the MENA forum for years now and it's too bad because I am married to a Muslim too and will never find a sisterhood here, that's for sure. I don't understand why people are so mean and nasty here.

:ot:

Prayers going your way for the rest of your pregnancy!!

How exciting must it to be that you are expecting triplets!! :luv:

:ot2:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i think this thread has run it's course. it's now closed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.