NeedInfo3839

Child Custody In Egypt (Slightly Off Topic)

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

you continue to be completely oblivious to the fact that you do not know aya, and do not know the first thing about her family. yet you chose to spew ####### and judgement and condemnation on her on a public forum, even though you obviously don't know a thing about her, and continue to assert things about her that are patently false. it's wrong, and disturbing, and i'm sickened that aya's enjoyment and use of this forum has been tainted by yr targeting her. it's abusive.

What in the world are you talking about? I didnt say a thing to her at first.. this isnt about me and my use of the forum feels targeted because it doesnt matter what the topic is, you somehow bully me and drag other things into it

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Anyone that knows me in real life knows I have more experience in MENA including living in Palestine in the 1980s and when I talk, I am not pulling it out of the air.

You said previously that you lived in a "kibbutz in Israel." Now you say "Palestine."

Maybe it was one of the illegal settlements ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

You said previously that you lived in a "kibbutz in Israel." Now you say "Palestine."

I lived in Ramat Gan and I went to school with both jews and arabs in 1984. I was all over Palestine and spent christmas eve in Bethlehem in 1984. I have lived there before the intifada and I was there at a time you could ride a bus to Jericho and then go to Netanya and there wasnt violence or problems. I also saw the best in both arabs and jews and knew people that were best friends.. it wasnt always there like it is right now

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Do you have children of your own? I do not think so.

Secondly, its very possible in the United States to lose custody or primary custody to a spouse with more resources. Happens every day.

I dont think that I could imagine anything more weird than the original post.

I dont think taking a child away from his mother or calling her a loser is anything to be proud of frankly. I think if you had a child of your own, you could understand that hard heartbreaking pain of being away from your child, no matter how ill equipped you are to parent

Define motherhood!!

So, you're basically saying that just because somebody didn't biologically have a child, it does not make them a mother.. What about all the adoptive mothers around the world, who mothered millions and millions of children? Are they not mothers too?

What about the sick biological mothers that just abandon their children, abuse them, in some cases kill them...you call those parents still??

Whether I had a child of my own or not is non of your business... I certainly don't care to share any of my life with you, and in fact was not addressing you in the first place...

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Define motherhood!!

So, you're basically saying that just because somebody didn't biologically have a child, it does not make them a mother.. What about all the adoptive mothers around the world, who mothered millions and millions of children? Are they not mothers too?

What about the sick biological mothers that just abandon their children, abuse them, in some cases kill them...you call those parents still??

Whether I had a child of my own or not is non of your business... I certainly don't care to share any of my life with you, and in fact was not addressing you in the first place...

Excellent post Aya! Thankful my adopted mom is my mother... one who could not carry any children in her womb but adopted 7 of us to become her own! I love my mom!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

I am not Jewish by the way and yes I was on kibbutzes. I have been in Golan, Beer Sheva, West Bank and Gaza. It was very different 27 years ago.My life in mena started 27 years ago as a student and I have seen all kinds of people and situations and Palestine and Israel from both sides. I have been to Ma alot where teens were gunned down where they slept on a camping trip. I have been in the west bank and seen the horrible conditions. I was in the Gaza area years ago when you could ride on a bus to the sea. I have seen both sides of it and have been friends with both palestinians and jews and both of them have stories. Both have sad stories and happy stories. I know people who have been hurt on both sides.. I dont have a one sided opinion about the situation. I went to school over there and took classes at u of tel aviv through extensions and my teachers were both pali and jewish..

Define motherhood!!

I am glad you are a good mom but one of the best things you can do for your kids is not call their mom a loser. No matter what the situation is..

Timeline

And to let you know, I couldnt tell it was Aya based on what I read...knowing that still wouldnt have made me tell her to be venoumous towards an ex wife. In real life despite how I flip off here and talk, I am very kind and gracious to most people.

Anyone that knows me in real life knows I have more experience in MENA including living in Palestine in the 1980s and when I talk, I am not pulling it out of the air. I have seen alot and have lived alot and as unfortunate as it is, many Americans just simply do not understand what a person can be driven to do when they want out of a bad situation and just how different our cultures are. If you can blend into it and give up alot of your own identity and traditions, then you can be with a close minded person. If you are an American fortunate to marry a man with an open minded and more secular family, you can retain, as an American, alot of yourself. You cant find that out online. You cant find that out in 2 weeks. You find that out over a long period. If you got it right, its wonderful. If you married the wrong person and brought them here, its hell on earth. There is a girl on the other board, mystic who has a restraining order and right now has absolutely no idea where the person she sponsored is as she fears for her safety. Is that somehow a misunderstanding on her part or could it be when you bring someone from a completely different culture here, that things can go every which way but loose? Does this girl need to waste 4 years of her life on this project? And possibly tear apart another womans life in the meanwhile? I dont think so.

This girl has been communicating with this guy while he was still married to his Arabic wife. They still havent met yet and somehow she is being roped in to some idea of bringing his kids over here, one not even living with his family and discussing custody. The inital reaction was shock and horror and then after a while, the familiar people starting popping up and saying lets not makea big deal out of this. The problem is that everyonce in a while, you cant spin the messes away. There are going to be cases that will make you think, make you reevaluate everything you think about our culture, their culture and the whole cross cultural things. This whole situation is wrong on so many levels that it makes me question the morality of people who do not question it.

Say what you want, but its ok to defend people or cultures as long as you can find the fault in them as well. This whole situation is morally depraved and I hope to God that this girl makes the right choice. For her sake and for the sake of that innocent little kids trapped in the middle

This part had to come out sooner or later! :rofl:

You and me have never exchanged a conversation or even a single post on a forum for the last two years I have been years, and yet I know your history of the way you present yourself...

ROC Timeline

Timeline

I am not Jewish by the way and yes I was on kibbutzes. I have been in Golan, Beer Sheva, West Bank and Gaza. It was very different 27 years ago.My life in mena started 27 years ago as a student and I have seen all kinds of people and situations and Palestine and Israel from both sides. I have been to Ma alot where teens were gunned down where they slept on a camping trip. I have been in the west bank and seen the horrible conditions. I was in the Gaza area years ago when you could ride on a bus to the sea. I have seen both sides of it and have been friends with both palestinians and jews and both of them have stories. Both have sad stories and happy stories. I know people who have been hurt on both sides.. I dont have a one sided opinion about the situation. I went to school over there and took classes at u of tel aviv through extensions and my teachers were both pali and jewish..

It was such a kinder, gentler occupation back then...

Reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara reminiscing about the golden days of the plantation era.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Define motherhood!!

The only reason I said anything is because you were trashing their mom in the original post that you made. You called her a loser and I thought that that was unkind

It was such a kinder, gentler occupation back then...

Reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara reminiscing about the golden days of the plantation era.

now that was funny WOM. A kindler gentler occupation.. sheesh.. I was there then and I just feel so bad for all involved. Its alot more complex than anyone could imagine..

I saw cities that were palestinian villiages and all the signs were changed and people that were jewish really bought into the whole.. palestinians never lived here garbage

Timeline

I am glad you are a good mom but one of the best things you can do for your kids is not call their mom a loser. No matter what the situation is..

Quote the part where I called anyone a loser!

Again you imagine scenarios and then build opinions over them...!

You are about the last person in the world, I'd ask for any advice... Not that I am arrogant, I definitely need support and advice sometimes...but I know who to go to.. I hold my morals up high, and I know what to say and when to say it..

The only reason I said anything is because you were trashing their mom in the original post that you made. You called her a loser and I thought that that was unkind

Are you serious?? LOL

Again quote the part where I called anybody a loser!!

I'm waiting :pop:

ROC Timeline

<3<3 wom!!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

This part had to come out sooner or later! :rofl:

You and me have never exchanged a conversation or even a single post on a forum for the last two years I have been years, and yet I know your history of the way you present yourself...

You and I dont know each other at all and I have been around here alot longer than 2 years. I find nothing in any of these posts funny . I find them very sad. There is absolutely nothing funny about kids not growing up with their moms or someone taking them away from their moms. Yes, sometimes moms are not the right people to raise their kids but no matter what you help the child understand that EVERYONE is working together to raise them

Sorry for any misunderstanding Aya. I find the entire thread very very very very sad.

Timeline

now that was funny WOM. A kindler gentler occupation.. sheesh.. I was there then and I just feel so bad for all involved. Its alot more complex than anyone could imagine..

I saw cities that were palestinian villiages and all the signs were changed and people that were jewish really bought into the whole.. palestinians never lived here garbage

OK I was just curious. But I don't want to side-track the thread.... we do most of the discussions of the I/P conflict in OT in case you like to join in.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

You and I dont know each other at all and I have been around here alot longer than 2 years. I find nothing in any of these posts funny . I find them very sad. There is absolutely nothing funny about kids not growing up with their moms or someone taking them away from their moms. Yes, sometimes moms are not the right people to raise their kids but no matter what you help the child understand that EVERYONE is working together to raise them

Sorry for any misunderstanding Aya. I find the entire thread very very very very sad.

Of course kids growing up without their parents is sad....

The original post is very sad...

The only funny part here is you...

I am still waiting for you to point where I called anybody a loser, btw...

ROC Timeline

Quote the part where I called anyone a loser!

Again you imagine scenarios and then build opinions over them...!

You are about the last person in the world, I'd ask for any advice... Not that I am arrogant, I definitely need support and advice sometimes...but I know who to go to.. I hold my morals up high, and I know what to say and when to say it..

Are you serious?? LOL

Again quote the part where I called anybody a loser!!

I'm waiting :pop:

You called her the "mother" and said she only gets visitation. You also said she wants custody out of spite. How do you know that? Maybe she wants a life with her kids. Can you fault her that? I dont know if she is a bad person but you did talk negatively about her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.