Marwa

soooo angry!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi everybody, I'm seeing that California is approving march fillers and our petition was sent on the 17th of January, it's been 5months and 5days of agonizing wait and still we didn't hear anything from them i'm so pissed offffff :help: , plz can anyone tell me what we should do? Any comment will be helpful! THANK U ALL!!

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I wish I had good advice, but everything I have tried has not helped. I have been waiting since November 15, 2010. I filed a service request at six months and received a letter saying that we were still in background checks, inquire back in 180 days. I contacted my Senator and they told me they inquired and got the same response. I think if I had it to do over again, I would contact my Congressman first.

I feel your pain. I am trusting in God to get us through this process in His time.

Good Luck

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Contact your Congressman and Senator.. If you go to their websites it will give contact information and release forms so they can contact USCIS..

Good Luck

No just directly call the USCIS number and get to talk with an agent. Tell him/her your case has exceeded 5 months. Hopefully they will approve it soon. A Congressman may not give you approval any sooner at this point. If it drags much beyond 5 months then use a Congressman.

Hi everybody, I'm seeing that California is approving march fillers and our petition was sent on the 17th of January, it's been 5months and 5days of agonizing wait and still we didn't hear anything from them i'm so pissed offffff :help: , plz can anyone tell me what we should do? Any comment will be helpful! THANK U ALL!!

Since your petition is beyond the normal processing time of 5 months, I would definitely contact your respective congressman and senators. IMHO, it is a much better option than calling USCIS. I, personally, have contacted my state representatives when my stepdaughter's petition was at 5 months. I received an approval email several hours later. A congressional inquiry cannot force USCIS to make a decision, but it certainly can speed up the processing of your petition. You will need to complete an authorization form, from their respective websites. This authorizes their liaisons to contact USCIS on your behalf.

Good luck with your petition! Keep us posted with what happens. :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

What country is the beneficiary from?

Some do take slightly longer than other, due to additional checks i believe?

Im a member of another forum and we have two people who filed middle january too, that havent had their NOA2's yet.

Hopefully it will be soon for you

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Filed: Timeline

The 5 months processing time is an average time goal for USCIS. It's a goal of USCIS to process cases within an average of 5 months. Some may be done quicker and others slower. A goal of 5 months is not the same as a guarantee that it will be done in 5 months.

While I empathize with the OP, the processing time for the case is not outside of what is expected.

Timeline

Contact your Congressman and Senator.. If you go to their websites it will give contact information and release forms so they can contact USCIS..

Good Luck

Thank u for ur reply, but i'm kinda confused cos some of the guys here say to call the uscis before contacting a congressman!!

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Timeline

What country is the beneficiary from?

Some do take slightly longer than other, due to additional checks i believe?

Im a member of another forum and we have two people who filed middle january too, that havent had their NOA2's yet.

Hopefully it will be soon for you

Thank u for u reply!! the country of the beneficiary is Tunisia so that's why find it weird cos not a lot of people here going through the process of immigration :angry:

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Timeline

I wish I had good advice, but everything I have tried has not helped. I have been waiting since November 15, 2010. I filed a service request at six months and received a letter saying that we were still in background checks, inquire back in 180 days. I contacted my Senator and they told me they inquired and got the same response. I think if I had it to do over again, I would contact my Congressman first.

I feel your pain. I am trusting in God to get us through this process in His time.

Good Luck

OH SORRY abt that I feel ur pain but what r u willing to do abt it?!! May God make it smoother for!! praying for!!

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Timeline

Since your petition is beyond the normal processing time of 5 months, I would definitely contact your respective congressman and senators. IMHO, it is a much better option than calling USCIS. I, personally, have contacted my state representatives when my stepdaughter's petition was at 5 months. I received an approval email several hours later. A congressional inquiry cannot force USCIS to make a decision, but it certainly can speed up the processing of your petition. You will need to complete an authorization form, from their respective websites. This authorizes their liaisons to contact USCIS on your behalf.

Good luck with your petition! Keep us posted with what happens. :thumbs:

Thank u so much for ur reply!!! but according of the replies contat congressman or uscis first? it's soo confusing!!

event.png

jh8yn7usse.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Of what year? OUrs was Arril of 2010 and just got approved this year in February.

The process takes time. Look at the country with the appovals. That means a lot. April to November I heard nothing and then got an RFE 4 pages long and the evidence returned weighed 25 pounds. It was not a packet but a box of proof.

Good luck to you but patience is what you need now.

I am right there with you. My filed date is January 31st. I am just one week shy of the five months and my case has not been touched since febuary 9, 2011. I contacted my congressman a while ago, due to the fact that on May 10th I filed for an expedite due to a personal situation that I wont go into here, and still I am waiting.. The only word I got was to ask for proof for the reason of my expedite. I sent it the next day.. that was May 11th.. on June 2nd my congressman was told that they are not done with background checks and nothing can be done until the checks are completed.. I was told to call back next Friday, July 1st (5 month and 1 day mark), if I have not heard anything yet. So I am waiting...and trying to be patient.. and praying... my husband also comes from a country where there are not many immigrant visas being processed at all...and i have one friend from here and the same country who filed 2 weeks after me and got an RFE about 2 weeks ago.. not the best news, but at least they know someone touched their file already. By the way, call USCIS first, they will hopefully open a service ticket for you, then call your congressman. FYI, I called my senator first and was advised that this is not a senator's field of work.. they deal with state issues, immigration is federal. my senator referred me to my congressman...just trying to save you a call. I wish you the best for a quick and smooth approval and will include you in my prayers. Take care, stay patient. good things come to those who wait, right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You know what that happened to me as well.. It was past the "5 months" and they were just telling me to wait another 30 days.. I kept calling and checking my online status and nothing.. They couldnt do a service request because the 5 months is only an estimate.. I was completely sad.. I called in the morning on May 31st and they said the same thing.. to wait another 30 days.. later that day I got my NOA2 in the mail.. O_o I had been approved since May 26th... my online status still shows initial review.. so try and hang on a couple more days it may be coming in the mail..

USCIS (155 Days)

12/20/2010 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via USPS Express Mail

12/22/2010 - Delivered (online tracking confirmation)

12/27/2010 - NOA1 Email and Text from USCIS. Off to CA!!

12/30/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received. Priority date is 12/22/2010.

02/16/2011 - Touched

05/26/2011 - NOA2 155 days after NOA1!

05/31/2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. No text or email notification.

NVC (21 Days)

06/10/2011 - NVC Received

06/14/2011 - NVC Case & IIN Numbers Received

06/14/2011 - DS3032 Sent via Email

06/16/2011 - AOS bill generated and paid

06/17/2011 - DS3032 Accepted

06/20/2011 - AOS shows as PAID

06/20/2011 - IV bill generated

06/22/2011 - IV bill paid

06/22/2011 - AOS package sent

06/24/2011 - IV shows as PAID and package sent/AOS package delivered

06/27/2011 - IV package delivered

06/30/2011 - Medical Exam

07/11/2011 - SIF!

07/12/2011 - CASE CLOSED

09/23/2011 - INTERVIEW at 8am

09/23/2001 - APPROVED!!

10/06/2011 - POE at LAX

LIFE AFTER THE FACT

02/23/2012 - OUR SON WAS BORN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.