manilaboy83

Visa through marriage with usc. aos. any tips?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone. new to this and find this site to be very helpful. not to mention alot share their personal experiences. my wife (usc) lives/works/go to school in san diego while i work/live in LA. quite difficult.i had no idea that this whole marriage-sponsorship thing is so stressful.especially tyr preparation of documents. i got married feb 25 of this year and submitted the paperwork june 1. ive already received the NOA june 16 and just waiting for the biometrics notice. With all the stories ive read, the interview is what really terrifies me. Most likely ill have mine around september and it gets me paranoid. I feel like its all about luck sometimes. Guys, i just wanna see how the immigration center here in LA is. are they linient or really strick and tough on interviews.any tips or stuff i need to reconsider. im thinking interview wont be til semptember but i wanna get stuff ready as early as now so everything will run smoothly. hope you guys can help me.

Or any solid evidence I should consider bringing?

Thanks

If you have a real marriage and the immigrant is not inadmissible, they won't deny you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

true. but sometimes then tend to be subjective and would just be more"instice-based", feeling your body gestures and movements, rather than evaluating the actual evidence and documents.i only say this based from stuff/actuall stories ive read online. maybe im just overthinking. lol but its because i have no idea at all what happens during the interview. like how long? kind of questions being asked? how the scrutinize the couple? you know. like the more stuff you consider when you know nothing..but i really do i appreciate your response harpa :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

true. but sometimes then tend to be subjective and would just be more"instice-based", feeling your body gestures and movements, rather than evaluating the actual evidence and documents.i only say this based from stuff/actuall stories ive read online. maybe im just overthinking. lol but its because i have no idea at all what happens during the interview. like how long? kind of questions being asked? how the scrutinize the couple? you know. like the more stuff you consider when you know nothing..but i really do i appreciate your response harpa :)

Why are you worried? What would they see if they observed your 'movements and body gestures'? If you have a real marriage then you have no reason to be worried about those things.

I think if I had had an interview for AOS then I would be much more focused on bringing the right evidence and documents. That is where you need to focus your efforts.

Relax and have faith :)

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Timeline

Why are you worried? What would they see if they observed your 'movements and body gestures'? If you have a real marriage then you have no reason to be worried about those things.

I think if I had had an interview for AOS then I would be much more focused on bringing the right evidence and documents. That is where you need to focus your efforts.

Relax and have faith :)

i wasnt til i read some stories, even real marriages being suspected and thought to be fake.. im not worried like mine is suspicious or something, its just that some IO are 'ridiculous'. lol but yeah thats helen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

i wasnt til i read some stories, even real marriages being suspected and thought to be fake.. im not worried like mine is suspicious or something, its just that some IO are 'ridiculous'. lol but yeah thats helen!

It's good to gather information on these sites and know what to expect but try not to get too stressed out by other peoples stories. Reality is you do not know what kind of situation people are in, even if they tell you :)

The link "Mrs O" posted to consulate reviews is good. Try to read them and get an overview of what to expect :) But don't take them too literally. Remember 2 people describing the same situation may have very different things to say. I read the reviews of the London embassy and had read that one of the officers was rude and unhelpful. When a lady of that description called me up, I expected the worst. Well, she was lovely and although the reviews mostly had bad things to say about her, I had no reason to be nervous.

So read some reviews, get prepared and relax. Remember this system is to protect people from fraud so it is not there to catch out any real marriage.

Good luck!!

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Timeline

It's good to gather information on these sites and know what to expect but try not to get too stressed out by other peoples stories. Reality is you do not know what kind of situation people are in, even if they tell you :)

The link "Mrs O" posted to consulate reviews is good. Try to read them and get an overview of what to expect :) But don't take them too literally. Remember 2 people describing the same situation may have very different things to say. I read the reviews of the London embassy and had read that one of the officers was rude and unhelpful. When a lady of that description called me up, I expected the worst. Well, she was lovely and although the reviews mostly had bad things to say about her, I had no reason to be nervous.

So read some reviews, get prepared and relax. Remember this system is to protect people from fraud so it is not there to catch out any real marriage.

Good luck!!

Thanks a lot.. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.