K & S

Supporting Fiancee'

203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mrs. T-B. did that a couple of times, and it was all that I could do not to purge some (or many) by donating them to Goodwill (for the tax writeoff, of course, but more immediately for closet space). However, she seems to have a photographic memory for items of apparel, and the cat probably would have disappeared as retribution, miu man.

So Ecuador is populated by women that escaped from the FSU? :lol:

I can't believe that All ahd 8 pairs of shoes when I met her. :lol: She has more than that in the back seat of her car right now. She had a new pair on earlier today. She said "They are so cute, how could I NOT buy them?" Indeed. :lol: After all, shoes in America are "almost free!"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
The cat disappearing is a bad thing?
Si, man -- she's Mrs. T-B.'s stepcat.
Which cat are you talking about?
Daffodil (Miss Daffy), silver tabby, authentically certified as Lap-Fungus, miu man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Si, man -- she's Mrs. T-B.'s stepcat.Daffodil (Miss Daffy), silver tabby, authentically certified as Lap-Fungus, miu man.

Lap-Fungus :lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline
So Ecuador is populated by women that escaped from the FSU?
You wouldn't believe the high-quality stuff (very often, designer) that both of us find at Goodwill and various other resale shops. This makes Mrs. T-B.'s shoe-buying less painful, si man. I'm so spoiled that, if I pay more than $2.99 for a name-brand designer tie, I palpably feel ripped-off, si man! Over recent years, I've replaced probably 85% of my overpriced, store-bought, ill-fitting, poorly made clothing items with resale finds -- for example, something like 13 of my 19 suits are resale finds. I must have 75 or 80 ties, probably 99.44% resale. Dress-shirts, similar, si man. In regard to shoes, I have (without looking) 5 pairs that together cost me less than one store-bought "new" pair would have cost -- and are at least as good.

Mama-Mrs.-T-B., who came for 2.5 months to supervise the newly birthed Mini-Bone, was amazed at the quality and variety of stuff available at the resale shops, si man, and she went home with three suitcases full of it.

Mrs. T-B. thinks that a resale store would do very well in Ecuador, if we could somehow keep it stocked with product from the U.S.

I've mused that the traditional store concept in the U.S. is flawed, in that they carry only the products that THEY want YOU to buy -- regardless of quality, design flaws, or style issues. The resale stores, conversely, have a smorgasbord of stuff that says "Come buy what YOU want." Sometimes, it's nothing (I've become very picky there). Other times, it's a gold mine. Sure, one sometimes has to paw through racks of stained polyester ties from the '70s, but it's worth it to find a kick-butt Bill Blass tie (for $2.99 or less!) that would do a high-powered attorney or corporate executive proud. Once it's bought, who knows whether one paid $39.75 for it in a store or $1 at a resale place, huh man?

One thing, however: Anyone who donates a monogrammed shirt to a resale shop should be killed by the neck until dead, and then jailed for life, si man.

Lap-Fungus :lol:
Miss Daffy would sit on my lap 13 times a day if she could, miu man -- that's the record so fur... er, so far. Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
well at least you don't have boobs for your cat to favor. Whenever I lie down to use the computer, BAM, there is the cat on my chest. :help:
Well, Miss D. has slept almost on my face before. Also, if a cat hasn't farted on you, you haven't been Initiated into Life, no man.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Wow, this thread makes me think I should have faked a Russian accent and then just taken weekly money. Is it a problem if I'm already a USC? Oh well, I like my fiance. :)

OP: on your visit, maybe you'd better find out where your money is going... And make sure you get a pre-nup before you get married. And do read some of the horror stories on here. They make for great morbid entertainment when it isn't you...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow, this thread makes me think I should have faked a Russian accent and then just taken weekly money. Is it a problem if I'm already a USC? Oh well, I like my fiance. :)

OP: on your visit, maybe you'd better find out where your money is going... And make sure you get a pre-nup before you get married. And do read some of the horror stories on here. They make for great morbid entertainment when it isn't you...

Dammit! where were you when I was looking for an American woman faking a Russian accent? Oh well, too late. :whistle:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow, I started this discussion a couple of weeks ago and the replies back were certainly of interest. After reading and thinking things over, I began to become very skeptical of my fiance. We just completed a trip together for a week in Mexico, and I will say, it was a disaster. I think I went in with this in the back of my mind: am I being used or does she really love me. She's led me to believe that she's really not the type of woman to show lots of emotion, such as the typical feelings you have at the beginning of a relationship (can't get enough of each other, wanting to kiss and screw all the time, smiling at each other, your heart skipping a beat when you see each other, etc). Even though I thought her behavior was odd, I accepted it and wanted to be open minded.

Anyway, the week was filled with fighting. It would start with her making me feel like I was always annoying her. I would eventually get pissed, because, #######, we're here together, no one should feel like that. All I was trying to do was know her better, and create a stronger bond or whatever. I've been married before, and have many relationships over my 46 years, so I can say with certainty, this was the strangest way to ever be treated. She's very good at turning the situation around to make me feel like I'm over reacting, or as she puts it "drama". I've learned she's pretty good at this.

Anyway, all week long she's checking her email and facebook page from my laptop. Not just once a day, but 5 or more times. That really isn't so unordinary I guess, but I still thought it was something that made me uncomfortable. At the end we parted, made up for the fights, got laid (although I've never seen a woman run so fast to shower after sex in my life, does sperm eat through Ukrainain skin or something? anyways...) When I got home, I opened up my laptop and her facebook page was still open and online! Holy #######, I said, this is not right to look and besides it's in Russian which I know not how to speak, but I was still curious. I opened up her photos and man she has maybe over 1000 pictures of HERSELF in there. There must be at least 6-8 different places, Thailand, Jamaica, Kiev, DR, and some I can only guess. I saw our 2 trips, not one photo of the two of us anywhere. I know she's a camera fiend (everywhere we go - take picture!) All I could think of was how much I hated taking those 400 pictures on our March trip and under protest, she only got about 150 on this trip. AND, those other poor bastards that took all those other photos! And the money they spend taking her on trips, although thank god none were during our time since meeting, so that made me feel good. lol. Next thing I did was discover that these wonderful computers can interpret russian facebook conversations! And my worst fears were answered, she's communicating with many men in Russia, some of the conversations are not a big deal, but there were at least three that I saw (I can't spend forever there) with talking of meeting these guys, all within the last month or so. So I apparently have my answer: Yes this girl is scamming me, and no she probably doesn't love you. A real kick in the balls but better to know now.

I know she still wants to get to the US, and get her greencard, but I know she'd never be true to me. OK, now is there anywhere here that wants to show me another point of view, something I'm not thinking of, like, no #######, it's very possible she loves you and wants to spend her life with you, she's just using facebook to fill the void when you're not there....anyone?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

K & S, sorry to hear that... but it's better to find out now than later...

Keep looking for the right woman, and it will probably be better to look for somebody closer to your age. I mean, I know some guys marry girls 20-25 years younger than them, but not that many young RUB girls are really interested in having a relationship with a much older man.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Welcome to the dark side of Russian dating and/or MOB endeavors.

My first Russian girlfriend was a con artist of sorts too.. It was all about nice hotels and vacations and fun. Amazingly, she accepted these things from me without any gratitude. Zero. I mean, if you are exploiting me and conning me, at least say "Thank you" once in awhile...or pay me a compliment here and there. Nope. Never happened. In fact, she insulted me at moments that just seemed offbeat or inappropriate. When I gave her a gift from the US, she'd just grab it and run off to check it out. No appreciation. No kiss. No nothing in return. Man, some Russian women are HARD!

And she rarely showed "good" emotions...mostly just kind of silly or flat or angry. This is a Russian thing with some women in my experience. No limits on outrageousness and exploitation and an ungrateful attitude. No shame or remorse or regret. Just full-blown greed and selfishness, and sometimes flat out mean-spiritedness. It has a different feel than with your typical "difficult" American woman. It's a Russian deal. If you encounter it, you'll know exactly what I saying.

But...she was a super knock-out in the looks department, and the bedroom deal was pretty good. So, I can point to beauty and sex as "positives" in an otherwise unpleasant relationship...especially considering I was looking for my future wife and life partner, not sex tourism with "Natashka." But, in reflection, my "little brain" was the main culprit in my going along with this one-sided program. I was mesmerized, intoxicated, infatuated by the magic of stark Russian beauty and erotism.

I learned a lot and actually enjoyed the vacations and visits to Moscow and the Dominican Republic. And, she actually invited me to stay with her at her place and it seemed like she was finally getting leveled out and serious...but we ended up arguing the whole time and I never saw her again. Funny thing, the last two days, while I stayed in Moscow until I flew home, she decided to come with me and we had the best sex and friendliness together since I met her. Paradoxical? Offbeat? Weird? Si man.

I've come to believe she might have had a mental illness. Her behavior was just too off even for a hard-nosed Russian. With Russian women you never know...they could be emotional nut cases or full-tilt, self-centered women. But like I said, she had the proverbial "Brick Sh!thouse" body and a sexy face and hair to top things off, so to speak. :)

Welcome to the dark side of Russian dating and/or MOB endeavors.

My first Russian girlfriend was a con artist of sorts too.. It was all about nice hotels and vacations and fun. Amazingly, she accepted these things from me without any gratitude. Zero. I mean, if you are exploiting me and conning me, at least say "Thank you" once in awhile...or pay me a compliment here and there. Nope. Never happened. In fact, she insulted me at moments that just seemed offbeat or inappropriate. When I gave her a gift from the US, she'd just grab it and run off to check it out. No appreciation. No kiss. No nothing in return. Man, some Russian women are HARD!

And she rarely showed "good" emotions...mostly just kind of silly or flat or angry. This is a Russian thing with some women in my experience. No limits on outrageousness and exploitation and an ungrateful attitude. No shame or remorse or regret. Just full-blown greed and selfishness, and sometimes flat out mean-spiritedness. It has a different feel than with your typical "difficult" American woman. It's a Russian deal. If you encounter it, you'll know exactly what I saying.

But...she was a super knock-out in the looks department, and the bedroom deal was pretty good. So, I can point to beauty and sex as "positives" in an otherwise unpleasant relationship...especially considering I was looking for my future wife and life partner, not sex tourism with "Natashka." But, in reflection, my "little brain" was the main culprit in my going along with this one-sided program. I was mesmerized, intoxicated, infatuated by the magic of stark Russian beauty and erotism.

I learned a lot and actually enjoyed the vacations and visits to Moscow and the Dominican Republic. And, she actually invited me to stay with her at her place and it seemed like she was finally getting leveled out and serious...but we ended up arguing the whole time and I never saw her again. Funny thing, the last two days, while I stayed in Moscow until I flew home, she decided to come with me and we had the best sex and friendliness together since I met her. Paradoxical? Offbeat? Weird? Si man.

I've come to believe she might have had a mental illness. Her behavior was just too off even for a hard-nosed Russian. With Russian women you never know...they could be emotional nut cases or full-tilt, self-centered women. But like I said, she had the proverbial "Brick Sh!thouse" body and a sexy face and hair to top things off, so to speak. :)

That's the one positive about getting took by a RUB chick. Even if they skin you alive, at least your being skinned by a total hottie.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline
That's the one positive about getting took by a RUB chick. Even if they skin you alive, at least your being skinned by a total hottie.
Well... hmmm, man. It's been a long time since I got "took," and fortunately it was cheap and undamaging on the grand spectrum of same, but how the dickens can anyone spend so much time (and be physical) with anyone, no matter how "hot," who obviously has disrespect and disregard for whom they're with?

In my later single years, I'd cancel dates or flatly refuse to go on them if my bullshat-detector went off, si man. I even walked out of my last one -- with pocketbook and self-respect intact, si man.

Edited to add: OP, thanks for your frank report (even though your name is Steve, not Frank), and congratulations on learning and recognizing the truth now, si man. Repeat aloud to yourself until you're firmly convinced of it: "Oh, well... who's next?"

Edited by TBoneTX

Well... hmmm, man. It's been a long time since I got "took," and fortunately it was cheap and undamaging on the grand spectrum of same, but how the dickens can anyone spend so much time (and be physical) with anyone, no matter how "hot," who obviously has disrespect and disregard for whom they're with?

In my later single years, I'd cancel dates or flatly refuse to go on them if my bullshat-detector went off, si man. I even walked out of my last one -- with pocketbook and self-respect intact, si man.

I always had a "three date rule". If I didn't get laid by the third date they were history.

sigbet.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.