K & S

Supporting Fiancee'

203 posts in this topic

I think you are reading something into people's responses that isn't there.

Agreed. Yes scams go both ways, but that's not what this discussion is about. I think any time you're in a long-distance relationship and are asked for non-visa-related money, it's cause for concern.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why do you people even care if he provides for his fiancee or not? It is their business. And why are you so ready to pass judgement? You know nothing about their relationship and already make conclusions. Also a woman is not a dog, you can't practice a "treat" technique. You do what I want and you get a treat. What is it about Russian women that makes you think we can be classified as such?

In response to scams, I can assure you there are plenty of stories about Americans who get a girl to the U.S., use her (in a worst case abuse a person) and then kick her out of the country. THIS IS TWO WAY STREET MY FRIENDS.

Errr... Have you read Russian forums? Pretty much the same thing is going on there, but in the opposite direction: women "classify" guys. And there is nothing wrong with it, cause there are sad stories for both men and women.

Btw I am a Rusian woman, am i allowed to be judgemental? :star:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

As a Russian woman, I think you are *required* to be judgmental. :P

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

As a Russian woman, I think you are *required* to be judgmental. :P

Beware everybody! :devil::lol:

I am pretty sure my girl "classifies" me as the lazy village idiot :rofl:

:rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Why do you people even care if he provides for his fiancee or not? It is their business. And why are you so ready to pass judgement? You know nothing about their relationship and already make conclusions. Also a woman is not a dog, you can't practice a "treat" technique. You do what I want and you get a treat. What is it about Russian women that makes you think we can be classified as such?

In response to scams, I can assure you there are plenty of stories about Americans who get a girl to the U.S., use her (in a worst case abuse a person) and then kick her out of the country. THIS IS TWO WAY STREET MY FRIENDS.

Did I give the impression I care? :rofl:

Please, lighten up. Jeezum.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Please, lighten up. Jeezum.
On the bright side, her post almost turned a semi-nonmisogynous thread toward a more misogynous direction, one that would have cemented the RUB forum as the only Regional subforum worth participating in, si man. Sadly, no one has really taken that bait, no man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On the bright side, her post almost turned a semi-nonmisogynous thread toward a more misogynous direction, one that would have cemented the RUB forum as the only Regional subforum worth participating in, si man. Sadly, no one has really taken that bait, no man.

I can see Evgeniya's side of this...she made some valid points. I mean if I was an American on a Russian visa forum and had read some of these post on here including mine I would probably be a bit offended. Actually everyone on here's made valid points. These threads are always a tough one to call imo.

TBH I hate making these kind of post. I would much rather be talking about ti'ts and #######...the usual RUB stuff on here.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I can see Evgeniya's side of this...she made some valid points. I mean if I was an American on a Russian visa forum and had read some of these post on here including mine I would probably be a bit offended.

On the one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, I'm a Russian on an American visa forum and I'm not offended. I'm honest with my fiance, I never had the intention of ripping him off, so I don't see any offense in any of the posts above - none of them is about me.

But I know that there are scammers in Russia, Ukraine and probably any FSU country and I completely understand the concerns that you, guys, have.

On the one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, I'm a Russian on an American visa forum and I'm not offended. I'm honest with my fiance, I never had the intention of ripping him off, so I don't see any offense in any of the posts above - none of them is about me.

But I know that there are scammers in Russia, Ukraine and probably any FSU country and I completely understand the concerns that you, guys, have.

My wife never visits this board so I can say it here. The first day I got into Minsk and met Kira in person I was wondering to myself if she was mafia or something. That thought had never crossed my mind until I got there....and then all the story's I read about scammers, etc...flooded by brain. She must have seen something because she smiled at me and said ;"Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you....tonight." She was making a joke of course...but I was thinking ...;####### did I get myself into?" It kind of broke the ice I guess. :lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

This is an internet posting boiard where the OP asked for our opinions. He got them. I don't see the necessity to scold someone for their opinion. If you disagree...disregard.

I demand the right to be seduced and swindled by beautiful foreign women. The alternative is some sort of government regulation to "protect me" from foreign hotties with smoking hot Russian accents. Um...no thanks. If someone has a different opinion, particularly if based on experience, then say what that opinion is.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

That's because you really are an FSU woman.

The difference between scammers and "for reals" is pretty obvious.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Errr... Have you read Russian forums? Pretty much the same thing is going on there, but in the opposite direction: women "classify" guys. And there is nothing wrong with it, cause there are sad stories for both men and women.

Link? I think this might make for some interesting light reading.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why do you people even care if he provides for his fiancee or not? It is their business. And why are you so ready to pass judgement?

No one is passing judgement just asking for more information and, as the OP requested, weighing in on what we think of him sending money to support his non-working fiance.

You know nothing about their relationship and already make conclusions.

But we do know something, and again, as requested by the OP, we are weighing in based on our experience. He's 46 and she's 25, met online and he asked if providing total financial support to her is a "problem". We all collectively have stated that this is not a normal situation, based on our experience and therefore he ought to, in general, be careful. We all wish them the best and hope that all is on the up and up.

Also a woman is not a dog, you can't practice a "treat" technique. You do what I want and you get a treat. What is it about Russian women that makes you think we can be classified as such?

Yea right, you can't classify RW as such.....more like will they give their man a treat.

Sounds like you've been reading the Russian VJ forums....my wife has told me that she did and they were full of only horror stories as you describe. Not all men are like that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Doesn't matter where your partner is from, if it's a long distance relationship or a "normal" one, it's never a good sign that very early in a relationship, they are already leeching off your money.

(Unpopular opinion time) About Russian women being "scammed" by Americans; it's easy... don't sign up on a dating website that specifically promotes RUB women in a negative (as in, submissive, skanky, etc) light. Or do what should be done in all relationships; don't rush into it, get to know the person, visit each other (if possible) more than just once or twice before tying the knot.

I do sincerely hope OP's genuinely in a good relationship and that all ends up perfectly for them both.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.