itsmekmia

request for evidence

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm so depressed. i checked the uscis.gov site and our case was updated to REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE (status). what does it mean? do we have to provide more specific evidence like postpaid telephone bills, chat logs? we didn't provide postpaid telephone bills since we only use prepaid cards to communicate and also through skype calls.

is there a possibility that our petition might be denied if we don't provide this evidences specially telephone bills? we can provide chat logs and email but we don't have post paid telephone bills. hope someone could give us advice.

so depressing, im crying right now. if they only knew, we'll be celebrating our 9th anniversary as boyfriend-girlfriend(5 years long distance relationship)this month.

thanks in advice....

-met in year 2001 classmates since 1st year college

-in a relationship since year 2002

-engaged= February 14, 2011

-fiance' became an american citizen March 2011

-FILED PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) March 17, 2011

-March 21, 2011 USCIS received I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i'm so depressed. i checked the uscis.gov site and our case was updated to REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE (status). what does it mean? do we have to provide more specific evidence like postpaid telephone bills, chat logs? we didn't provide postpaid telephone bills since we only use prepaid cards to communicate and also through skype calls.

is there a possibility that our petition might be denied if we don't provide this evidences specially telephone bills? we can provide chat logs and email but we don't have post paid telephone bills. hope someone could give us advice.

so depressing, im crying right now. if they only knew, we'll be celebrating our 9th anniversary as boyfriend-girlfriend(5 years long distance relationship)this month.

thanks in advice....

usually it means there may be something missing from your file...look for the paper statement and that will tell you what they need. Normally the phone records etc are not sent to USCIS or even NVC but those are rather kept until interview date. You won't know until you get the letter in the mail to exactly what they need. But if it's beyond 3 weeks call them and tell them you saw it was updated for RFE but you haven't received a letter. Stay on top of it and watch for it :) good luck!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

@EAbbas: thank you so much for replying. we haven't received the letter, but we are anticipating that we'll receive it by monday since it's still sunday in US. i really wish this won't affect our petition. thanks again. godbless...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@EAbbas: thank you so much for replying. we haven't received the letter, but we are anticipating that we'll receive it by monday since it's still sunday in US. i really wish this won't affect our petition. thanks again. godbless...

Don't think of it as affecting your petition....they just need to be sure they have all the documentation and its submitted correctly. Could be as simple as forgetting to sign the bottom page... hopefully its a very quick and easy fix...at least you know they are working on your petition! God bless you as well :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Don't think of it as affecting your petition....they just need to be sure they have all the documentation and its submitted correctly. Could be as simple as forgetting to sign the bottom page... hopefully its a very quick and easy fix...at least you know they are working on your petition! God bless you as well :)

thank you for your kind and encouraging words. i really appreciate it! you are right, i should be more optimistic. i shouldn't panic or worry. now i can sleep without worrying.(it's already 3am here in the philippines). :)

thanks again! :D

Timeline

hello po! You should receive a letter from USCIS pretty soon and they will tell you what additional document(s) they need from you guys. Once you receive the letter, please let us know and maybe we could help ya! Goodluck and Godbless...

Timeline

It is probably something simple, not anything concerning proof of relationship as that is not needed at this stage.

My RFE was due to me writing two different names on the forms as to my ex wifes name, one i wrote it as her english name and one as her chinese name. The divorce decree only matched one of the names so I had to get an affidavit signed by my parents to show it was all the same person. It went though easily after that.

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Proof of relationship is not needed at this stage. Was sufficient proof of having met in the last 2 years sent in with the petition?

Met online - 12/2008

Met in Person 1st Time - 2/2009

Engaged - 12/2009

Filed I-129F - 3/27/11

Received Electronic NOA 1 - 4/7/11

NOA 2 - 6/29/11 (83 days from NOA 1)

RFE 8/15/11 (Needed proof that Fiancee is in Canada legally, Philippine citizen)

Packet 3 - 9/6/11

Packet 4 - Never Received

Interview 12/1/11

Timeline

It is probably something simple, not anything concerning proof of relationship as that is not needed at this stage.

My RFE was due to me writing two different names on the forms as to my ex wifes name, one i wrote it as her english name and one as her chinese name. The divorce decree only matched one of the names so I had to get an affidavit signed by my parents to show it was all the same person. It went though easily after that.

I'm hoping that's the case. But, it sounds like they need to send more evidence of their relationship, like chat logs, pictures, phone logs, letters, proof of having met/visit within 2 years, (ie passport stamps, itinerary, boarding pass. They also need to send letter of intent to show they are free to marry. But then again, we have to wait for a letter from USCIS.

Timeline

thank you for your kind and encouraging words. i really appreciate it! you are right, i should be more optimistic. i shouldn't panic or worry. now i can sleep without worrying.(it's already 3am here in the philippines). :)

thanks again! :D

kmia maybe you want to create your timeline to get estimate of your petition?:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Proof of relationship is not needed at this stage. Was sufficient proof of having met in the last 2 years sent in with the petition?

SO

You said "proof of relationship is not needed at this stage", then you asked if proof of having met in the 2 years is sent with the petition? if the answer is NO, that said proof of relationship is still needed right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Proof of having met in the last two years needed to be sent with the petition. That means boarding passes for travel, passport stamps showing when you were there, hotel receipt with both names, photos showing you together. In other words proof that you were in the same place together during the last two years. Later, at interview stage, you have to provide proof of ongoing relationship which is when you can give copies of chat logs, some copies of emails since you last were together etc. showing you have an ongoing relationship.

If you did send proof of having met within last 2 years, then it may be a missing signature or some question that has not been answered or something similar. You will not know until you receive the RFE. But at least they are looking at your file and it is making progress.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SO

You said "proof of relationship is not needed at this stage", then you asked if proof of having met in the 2 years is sent with the petition? if the answer is NO, that said proof of relationship is still needed right?

What you are asking is very confusing. You cannot answer "No" to evidence of having met in person within the last 2 years. That is THE requirement for a K-1 petition. You provide passport stamps, boarding passes, receipts showing you both in the same place, etc. The phone and chat logs do not prove this, and they are used at the interview stage to show proof of an ongoing relationship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

@gabe & girlyn, uverseman, reymets10, southcalhog, andie:

hey guys! i'm so happy, my fiance received the letter today and it says: 1. we need to provide a letter of intent to marry, 2. requirement & beneficiary have met in person secondary: film dated photograph together.

just wanna ask if we really need to pass pictures with date on it? since he visited me last february 4-15, 2011, but our pictures doesn't have date on it. thanks in advance.

Timeline

@jay-kay : he visited me here in the philippines last february 2011, he is planning to pass his passport(with stamps on it), boarding pass. will this be enough as evidence? we have pictures together, but there's no date on it. or we could just put the date at the back of the picture?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.