Bad_Daddy

The Cannery chicks are in! :)

36 posts in this topic

Every year for three months during the summer, it's like a taste of heaven hits this fishing village when it gets populated by hot RUB chicks working the cannery's. (L) They come here on some kind of temp worker visa. We have two large ####### cannery's here (Peter Pan Seafoods, and Snow Pac) which has apt. buildings just for housing these chicks.

Anyways I was lucky enough to walk into a group of them just a short while ago at the store...they just got off the plane and they were loading up on supplies. They are walking around town right now in groups of two's, three's, and four's... some looked like they were well over 6' tall, and all of them look to be model material. I wouldn't be posting this right now but it feels like Santa has blessed me. :luv:

The wife has a going away dinner tomorrow night for one of the dental hygienist from her work, which means I'm freed up to hit the bar on a solo mission from god. :dance:

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I thought that she had wrung you out, si man...

...are any of them blondes, huh man? :)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Every year for three months during the summer, it's like a taste of heaven hits this fishing village when it gets populated by hot RUB chicks working the cannery's. (L) They come here on some kind of temp worker visa.

Work and Travel J-1 visa.

There should be a lot less of them this summer, so many J-1 visas got denied this year :blink:

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

I thought that she had wrung you out, si man...

...are any of them blondes, huh man? :)

It was a complete bust. First off my brother chickened out, as usual(I swear to god he must have been adopted), and second the wife got home from her dinner around 8pm. The wife did get to chit chat in the store in her native Russian yesterday and she says a few of them are coming by for coffee and tea. At least I'l get to be here for that one. And ya there were blondes...like one over 6ft, brunettes, you name it....and all looking like models from a magazine. I swear to god if heaven doesn't have RUB chicks there...then send me to h*ll.

We stood outside N & N market yesterday drinking coffee and watching them come and go. It's like the only form of entertainment here. Of course the local guys here have zero brains and/or balls to ask them out. It's like this place is one giant lobotomy when it comes to the locals here.

Work and Travel J-1 visa.

There should be a lot less of them this summer, so many J-1 visas got denied this year :blink:

#######...why are they doing this ? It's the only thing this crappy village has going for it other than flights out of this sh*t hole. Cutting back on the cannery worker chicks? :( Please tell me your just kidding.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

#######...why are they doing this ? It's the only thing this crappy village has going for it other than flights out of this sh*t hole. Cutting back on the cannery worker chicks? :( Please tell me your just kidding.

I wish I could tell you I was kidding, but I can't.

http://wollt.org/en/news/74-less-j1-workers.html

and a link in Russian, i don't know if google will be able to translate it, but:

http://gazeta.ru/news/business/2011/05/30/n_1862001.shtml

Plus you can ask the girls that managed to get there.

Too bad, that's exactly the way I was able to visit the States and stay there for 3-4 months 3 summers in a row. Thank God, I wasn't going to get J-1 visa this year.

I wish I could tell you I was kidding, but I can't.

http://wollt.org/en/news/74-less-j1-workers.html

and a link in Russian, i don't know if google will be able to translate it, but:

http://gazeta.ru/news/business/2011/05/30/n_1862001.shtml

Plus you can ask the girls that managed to get there.

Too bad, that's exactly the way I was able to visit the States and stay there for 3-4 months 3 summers in a row. Thank God, I wasn't going to get J-1 visa this year.

This is going to hit the cannery's hard. A lot of those workers come back over and over and some even hold office positions that are vital to these cannery's. There's nothing good about this.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

There's been other cases of fraud on those worker visa's...like hotel gals prostituting, etc... but the workers here are legit.

I can understand keeping the jobs for Americans and all...but the highlight of this village is when those cannery chicks come in. It's not like there's anything going on here. Those gals have a blast...they love to sing Karaoke, dancing, etc... until fishing gets going full blown, and then they work mass hours so they don't have the time to go out partying.

I have a lot of friends who have done work/travel and most of them worked at amusement parks, tourist shops, restaurants, etc. And well, why should we give kids from other countries fun travel times when there are so many Americans of the same age who can't find a job in those spheres?

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

I have a lot of friends who have done work/travel and most of them worked at amusement parks, tourist shops, restaurants, etc. And well, why should we give kids from other countries fun travel times when there are so many Americans of the same age who can't find a job in those spheres?

A year or two before the economy took a dive ( I think it was in 2006) we met several of them working at restaurants in Orlando near Disney. Last couple of years we did not see any of them.

Those girls worked long hard hours and stayed 5 or 6 to a small apartment. They said they took back a tremendous amount of money that sustained them all year and then some.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

A year or two before the economy took a dive ( I think it was in 2006) we met several of them working at restaurants in Orlando near Disney. Last couple of years we did not see any of them.

Those girls worked long hard hours and stayed 5 or 6 to a small apartment. They said they took back a tremendous amount of money that sustained them all year and then some.

well, good for them, but American kids need money too.

Первый блин комом.

Screw American kids. Guys like me need some eye candy now and then.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I know a lot of students had problems with the law and stayed illegally, but most of the students didn't do anything wrong.

Saying that there are not enough jobs for Americans... I don't know... In 2009 I was allowed to come without a job offer, in 2010 i had it, but I still had to look for a job... Both times I was hired about 3 days after I had started looking for it. So, all i want to say to those American kids, who don't have a job: stop complaining and start actually looking for it. There are tons of jobs. Isn't that weird that foreigners can find a job and the locals can't?

Timeline

I know a lot of students had problems with the law and stayed illegally, but most of the students didn't do anything wrong.

Saying that there are not enough jobs for Americans... I don't know... In 2009 I was allowed to come without a job offer, in 2010 i had it, but I still had to look for a job... Both times I was hired about 3 days after I had started looking for it. So, all i want to say to those American kids, who don't have a job: stop complaining and start actually looking for it. There are tons of jobs. Isn't that weird that foreigners can find a job and the locals can't?

Look up youth unemployment in the United States. Last year it hit a record high.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Two of the girls we talked to said they started work at the all you can eat breakfast buffet at 6:00am and in the afternoon went to another restaurant and worked until 1:00am. You won't find American kids working that hard. Better to live off mommy's and daddy's money and party at night.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Two of the girls we talked to said they started work at the all you can eat breakfast buffet at 6:00am and in the afternoon went to another restaurant and worked until 1:00am. You won't find American kids working that hard. Better to live off mommy's and daddy's money and party at night.

This is a bit off topic Neon, but do you have any dental schools that you would recommend? Not for a hygienist, but for a dentist program.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is true and I can only think it is a regional thing.

I would hope that our State Department can apply a thought process to this. In this are we have tons of jobs for young people in the summer. It is a resort/tourist/summer vacation area with a low year-round population. We have quite a few foreign young workers here on J-1 visas. There are a lot of Russian and Ukrainian girls that work on the tour boats on Lake Champlain. Pasha is working two jobs (or I should say the jobs of two people, but at one employer) as both a groundskeeper in the morning and working the snack bar of a drive-in theatre in the evening and raking in the cash! He can walk to work and will have enough money to buy a new or near-new car before the end of the summer. Sergey will be home in two weeks but just for 8 weeks and I have a job lined up for him at a hardware store. It seems every place has signs out "help wanted" one place even had a sign "warm body needed" :lol:

These are not "good jobs", they are just the normal seasonal summer jobs that pay minimum wage or a little more. Hopefully the state department will realize that maybe visas for the cannerys in Alaska and the tour boats in Vermont can be approved without hurting local job opportunities and maybe in some other they cannot be.

I would also say that some of the problem may be connected to the work ethic I see in a lot of young people. They want remote-control, push-button jobs in air conditioned comfort. This basically means they do not need money very much and have few goals.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.