15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sent our paperwork to adjust Nattoy's status. It was the easiest part so far but the most expensive. 1,070.00. We just followed the guides on here and looked at example cover letters to see what we needed to send. We did have a little trouble with the form I-693. The only civil sugon around would not give us the envelope without another medical and was charging 325 dollars no matter how I tryed to explain to him that we already had a medical. We were running out of time so we decided to turn in the paperwork without the I-693 and just include vaccination records and receipts from his medical in Jamaica. GOOD NEWS! We recieved the biometrics date already and no RFE's.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Usually, they issue RFE after biometrics. First you send the package. They superficially look at it and either send entire package back if something clearly missing or send you NOA1. After this they automatically send biometrics appointment letter. Once you pass biometrics your file is activated and is put in line for review. Once they take it they issue RFE if necessary. The chances are that they WILL send you RFE. You may get lucky but highly unlikely. Regarding civil surgeon: usually (with some exceptions) they do charge entire amount independently what they need to do: just transcript or entire vaccination and medical. I had the same thing and had to pay $170.

$325 is very steep. I only paid $160 for mine, and in 2009 I remembered it only costing less than $100 in California from one clinic.

It's very odd that you got away without an I-693, unless that form was/included a G-235A.

RFE's can be issued anytime, unfortunately.. I got mine after the CSC transfer.. At any rate, I do wish you luck and hope that you sail through the process with no problems. :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

$325 is very steep. I only paid $160 for mine, and in 2009 I remembered it only costing less than $100 in California from one clinic.

It's very odd that you got away without an I-693, unless that form was/included a G-235A.

I don't think this is odd. At this stage they just look at something very obvious, such as missing check or incorrect fee amount.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Why is it odd? AOS from a K1 does not REQUIRE an I-693 as long as the medical and shots are complete and still valid.

Timeline

Why is it odd? AOS from a K1 does not REQUIRE an I-693 as long as the medical and shots are complete and still valid.

Actually they do unless you have form filled out during medical. They need only vaccination record from I-693.

Timeline

I thought that we would get an RFE before biometrics appointment letter:( I will let everyone know what happens then. Best case: No RFE Worst case: RFE. I have read that some people get away with it and some do not. If we get the RFE we will just have to suck it up and hopefully find a surgeon who won't charge so much .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Actually they do unless you have form filled out during medical. They need only vaccination record from I-693.

I don't understand what you're trying to say... As I stated, if the medical is still valid, and all shots were completed (for the K1 visa) then NOTHING is needed to be submitted with AOS. If shots are needed then yes, an I-693 transcription is required.

I thought that we would get an RFE before biometrics appointment letter:( I will let everyone know what happens then. Best case: No RFE Worst case: RFE. I have read that some people get away with it and some do not. If we get the RFE we will just have to suck it up and hopefully find a surgeon who won't charge so much .

Don't worry too much about it. You may or may not get away with it. Things happen. I did the I-693 for the vaccines and they RFE'd me anyway for the whole medical because they lost it :( Bottomline is, with this process, you never know what's gonna happen! If I were you, just make some calls so that IF you do get an RFE for it, you'll know where to go :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

as vanessa&tony said ----- if the medical is still valid, and all shots were completed (for the K1 visa) then NOTHING is needed to be submitted with AOS. If shots are needed then yes, an I-693 transcription is required ----- spot on advise :thumbs:

Timeline

Thank you so much for the replies:) Everything that was needed was taken care of in Jamaica's medical. Ur right about not worring. We made it this far and will make it through all this sooner or later.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck... i am still tripping off of the amount of money!!! Yikes!

Let me start saving from NOW. lol

K-1

12.15.2009- we met <3 :) i love my muffin.

10.19.2010 NOA1

10.27.2010 "Touched"

5.2.2011 NOA 2

5.5.2011 Received NOA2 hardcopy

5.19.2011 Emailed/Sent Packet 3

6.14.2011 Received Packet 4

7.1.2011- Interview(Approved!!)

7.13.2011- "Visa Transferred"-- whatever that means...

7.25.2011- "Visa Issued"-- whatever that means...

7.28.2011- Visa arrives at DHL facility (8:30 pm)

7.29.2011- Visa received

7.31.2011- POE (BWI)-- NEVER ISSUED AN I-94 (WTH)

8.15.2011- I-94 Obtained from IAD's CBP Inspection Office

AOS & EAD

9.8.2011- Mailed USPS Priority Express

11.29.11- RFE for Income Tax Return-- SEND YOUR ENTIRE TAX RETURN DOCUMENT!!

11.30.11- mailed Tax Return UPS Priority Express

12.9.11 AOS "transferred to a USCIS office" - - supposedly our local one

12.14.11- "touched"

12.15.11- received EAD

2.8.12- put in a service request for GC

2.22.12- My husband was contacted by the local USCIS office here in Washington DC and told that it was infact transferred to the CSC. Not their office. She also suggested he keep checking on it because sometimes things just sit there and take up to 3 years to be processed--- SAYWHAT?! ... stay tuned

3.29.12- Approved, Green Card in production

4.4.12- Green Card received- NO INTERVIEW

Timeline

I don't understand what you're trying to say... As I stated, if the medical is still valid, and all shots were completed (for the K1 visa) then NOTHING is needed to be submitted with AOS. If shots are needed then yes, an I-693 transcription is required.

I am saying that there are 2 routes:

1) When an individual does his/her medical in the country of origin before the interview they have an option of sharing their vaccination records with civil surgeon at that time. In this case package includes actual DS form stating which ones are completed and which ones are not required. This is sufficient and at the time of AOS submission no other documentation for vaccination is required.

2) 2nd route is you have to go to civil surgeon in US AFTER arrival and before submission of the AOS and get 693 form filled out, vaccination part ONLY. In this case civil surgeon here signs it and provides you with the sealed envelope. There is no other way. The reason for it that they cannot interpret at USCIS what is needed and what is done based on the age purely from the record form. Only civil surgeon can. Thus they will get an RFE, no flexibility. I am saying this as if I was them I would go no and obtain this envelope in case they get an RFE (which is almost 100% chance unless they miss this). I would try a different civil surgeon though.

I am just saying it as is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.