jhp

F2A MAY TAKE LONGER ......??????.

25 members have voted

1. 1. DOES IT TAKE MORE THAN 2 YEAR?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI ALL.....

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE NUMBERS ARE TELLING....MY PERCEPTION IS F2A WILL BE TOO MUCH SLOW FOR 2009 AND 2010....JUST SEE THE LINK...IT IS FROM USCIS AND NVC...TRAVEL.STAT.GOV

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE AS OF NOV 2010 THERE ARE 361000 APROX. VISA APPLICATION APPROVALS...AND THEY HAVE ONLY 88000 VISA PER YEAR...SO DOES IT TRYING TO TELL...IT VL TOOK AROUND 4.5 YEARS FOR ALL THE F2A NOW ONWARDS...PLZ READ THE LINK AND REPLY ...I AM CONFUSED :help::help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quite interesting.

Basically it takes as long as it takes.

You can watch how the dates move but try to extrapolate is a waste of time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That's interesting. Looks like Vietnam was oversubscribed in the F3 category at 9.5% of the worldwide total at that time (last November), but they weren't listed in the Visa Bulletin as oversubscribed at the time.

Anyway, the number of people waiting in line is only one factor that determines when a priority date will become current. Another very important factor is how many people actually apply for a visa when a visa number becomes available for them. After waiting for years, a lot of people change their minds. The US also looks less attractive as an immigration destination with a weak economy. Some of them are no longer eligible; e.g., an F2A ages out, or an F2B gets married, etc. When those visa numbers roll over from one month to the next then it causes the cutoff dates to move forward faster. When there's a surge in visa applications, or the visa numbers run out for the fiscal year, then the cutoff dates move backwards.

All you can really do is watch the visa bulletin, and when your priority date is current then get moving on your application as quickly as possible so that you'll hopefully get one of those visa numbers.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

HI ALL.....

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE NUMBERS ARE TELLING....MY PERCEPTION IS F2A WILL BE TOO MUCH SLOW FOR 2009 AND 2010....JUST SEE THE LINK...IT IS FROM USCIS AND NVC...TRAVEL.STAT.GOV

http://www.travel.st...ingListItem.pdf

NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE AS OF NOV 2010 THERE ARE 361000 APROX. VISA APPLICATION APPROVALS...AND THEY HAVE ONLY 88000 VISA PER YEAR...SO DOES IT TRYING TO TELL...IT VL TOOK AROUND 4.5 YEARS FOR ALL THE F2A NOW ONWARDS...PLZ READ THE LINK AND REPLY ...I AM CONFUSED :help::help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

The numbers you have seen , those cases were documentarily qualified of 2006/2007/2009 and few of 2010, If PD already moved to march, 2008 as of July VB, its means that figure could be wrong too.

Another big reason PD of 2007/2008/2009 cases also converted to IR1 which we could seen big difference in July VB.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

HI ALL.....

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/WaitingListItem.pdf

Good job to find out about the report!

I do agree with you. According to the provided report, I think that unfortunately it will take at least 2/3 years to get back where it was before retrogression. The reason this happened was USCIS reduced processing times to 5 months and all approved forms of I-130 were transferred to the NVC. I think a lot of applicants have applied in 2008, 09 and 10. We just should hope the applicants who are in line get US citizen, get to F2B category and congress pass the immigration law.

Timeline

Good job to find out about the report!

I do agree with you. According to the provided report, I think that unfortunately it will take at least 2/3 years to get back where it was before retrogression. The reason this happened was USCIS reduced processing times to 5 months and all approved forms of I-130 were transferred to the NVC. I think a lot of applicants have applied in 2008, 09 and 10. We just should hope the applicants who are in line get US citizen, get to F2B category and congress pass the immigration law.

thanks...why department is unable to predict the approximate waiting time for each category? They should be able to bcaz they have all the datas and they do not require to predict exact months but atleast years(waiting time)... one person from department of state had predicted that f2a willl be current by feb 2011.....and what is the exact situation???? People who dont really want to file under f2a has filed in f2a and now the retrogession ....so why department can predict the waiting time ad why the nvc and uscis is using only 50000 visas yearly in place of 88000 visa where the are 360000 visa applications are waiting ?????? stupid things.....actually they should answer for this and someone should ask the department or write to DOS.....i will definately do this...

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

AGree with JHP comments. NVC should not process cases beyond projected visa availabilty. The last retrogression caused a lot of heartaches and frustration to many especially those that are very close to getting the interview. But let's see what happens until Dec 2011.

thanks...why department is unable to predict the approximate waiting time for each category? They should be able to bcaz they have all the datas and they do not require to predict exact months but atleast years(waiting time)... one person from department of state had predicted that f2a willl be current by feb 2011.....and what is the exact situation???? People who dont really want to file under f2a has filed in f2a and now the retrogession ....so why department can predict the waiting time ad why the nvc and uscis is using only 50000 visas yearly in place of 88000 visa where the are 360000 visa applications are waiting ?????? stupid things.....actually they should answer for this and someone should ask the department or write to DOS.....i will definately do this...

Dear friends,

The link was provided by DOS IV visa waiting list, which was stated that As of Nov 1, 2010 documentairliy qualified cases at NVC. Even DOS/NVC didn't include my case in that figure ( PD march/2008m my case was completed at 12/14/2010), Lots of cases were didnt included at that figure like PD 2008/2009/.

So it is a great news for all of us that PD moved to March/2008. I dont see any frustration for PD 2010 or so, because USCIS is processing all F2A file within 5 months time frame, so NVC can process visa number accurately.

In my situation I have waited 3.4 years....so PD2010 will be back may be another 6 month later, I think you guys are lucky to have less wait than mine.

Happy Father's Day to all F2A and VJ members.

US CITIZENSHIP

Identifying next coming month's PD is complicated, you might want to check DS/NVC website on this issue. AS I said in my previous post, when I read the waiting list report it does not look very promising. 88,000 visa number for f2a is announced by congress, there is no way it can get increased unless congress change the law. I read in the house of representative immigration bill there is a change for citizenship time from 5 to 3 years. If the bill get passed and signed, a lot of applicants who are in line can get citizen so that no waiting for visa and the life will get sweet!

Just hope and pray the immigration bill get passed and signed soon

Identifying next coming month's PD is complicated, you might want to check DS/NVC website on this issue. AS I said in my previous post, when I read the waiting list report it does not look very promising. 88,000 visa number for f2a is announced by congress, there is no way it can get increased unless congress change the law. I read in the house of representative immigration bill there is a change for citizenship time from 5 to 3 years. If the bill get passed and signed, a lot of applicants who are in line can get citizen so that no waiting for visa and the life will get sweet!

Just hope and pray the immigration bill get passed and signed soon

You're talking about an old issue dude, DOS/NVC could be wrong just as wrong as VO director oppenheim was told.. by Feb 2011 F2A will be current :crying: . The number of case you have seen at DOS website could be wrong data or might DOS trying recapture the visa numbers that wasted all these years .

How come PD jumpt to 7 months in July VB? DOS even dont have actual figure of waiting list in that time.

I think the citizenship bill you're talking about, this is #######...NEVER PASS!!:bonk: :bonk:

US CITIZENSHIP

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is also my conclusion that visa processing will be moving faster. If USCIS keeps on approving petitions and passing cases faster to NVC than they handle then it is only logical that NVC should move fast else they will clog up. USCIS know better about quota of visa numbers.

You're talking about an old issue dude, DOS/NVC could be wrong just as wrong as VO director oppenheim was told.. by Feb 2011 F2A will be current :crying: . The number of case you have seen at DOS website could be wrong data or might DOS trying recapture the visa numbers that wasted all these years .

How come PD jumpt to 7 months in July VB? DOS even dont have actual figure of waiting list in that time.

I think the citizenship bill you're talking about, this is #######...NEVER PASS!!:bonk: :bonk:

Here is the thing:

Probably the director was not aware of how many applicants were stocked in USCIS. I believe this retrogression happened just because of the fact that USCIS decided to shorten processing time to 5 months therefore all stocked files from USCIS transferred to DOS/NVC.

For seven months (from June to December 2010) the PD was passed March 2008, it means a lot of applicants whose PD's were before March 2008 have got their visa during the seven months, so it is not a surprise. I do not also think the official number announced by DOS/NVC is wrong. Also we should remember the older the PD get (2008 or before), the more chance to jump forward (change of status from PR to citizen). Anyway, I hope you are right but I try to be realistic based on available data.

Timeline

Here is the thing:

Probably the director was not aware of how many applicants were stocked in USCIS. I believe this retrogression happened just because of the fact that USCIS decided to shorten processing time to 5 months therefore all stocked files from USCIS transferred to DOS/NVC.

For seven months (from June to December 2010) the PD was passed March 2008, it means a lot of applicants whose PD's were before March 2008 have got their visa during the seven months, so it is not a surprise. I do not also think the official number announced by DOS/NVC is wrong. Also we should remember the older the PD get (2008 or before), the more chance to jump forward (change of status from PR to citizen). Anyway, I hope you are right but I try to be realistic based on available data.

THIS IS WHY IT VL BE MORE WAITING FOR 2010 AND 2011 FILERS.....

AND ONE MORE THING DOS IS ALWAYS SAYING THAT THE FILING IN THE FAMILY CASES HAD BEEN SLOW SINCE 2009...HOW CAN WE BELIEVE THIS? WHEN WE KNOW THAT BUNCH OF APPROVED APPLICATIONS ARE AT NVC...JUST COMMON SENSE AS MORE PPL GETS INTO THE USA...THE MORE PPL VL TRY TO JOIN THEM AS FAMILY MEMBER...HOW CAN FILING BE SLOW.....DOS IS MAKING ALL OF US FOOL!!!!!

PD 23 dec 2010

Filed: Timeline

THIS IS WHY IT VL BE MORE WAITING FOR 2010 AND 2011 FILERS.....

AND ONE MORE THING DOS IS ALWAYS SAYING THAT THE FILING IN THE FAMILY CASES HAD BEEN SLOW SINCE 2009...HOW CAN WE BELIEVE THIS? WHEN WE KNOW THAT BUNCH OF APPROVED APPLICATIONS ARE AT NVC...JUST COMMON SENSE AS MORE PPL GETS INTO THE USA...THE MORE PPL VL TRY TO JOIN THEM AS FAMILY MEMBER...HOW CAN FILING BE SLOW.....DOS IS MAKING ALL OF US FOOL!!!!!

i guess ppl realize that america is not what they thought it was...economy..jobs...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.