Ban Hammer

How's That Hope and Change Working Out for Obama Supporters?

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

This is why I hope some people grow larger attention spans. Or maybe they're just good at tuning out what's convenient based on who is elected? (R or D)

Seems quite a pessimistic way of thinking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, I don't remember that anyone has ever claimed that Obama could go back in time and reverse the events that led to the worst economic expansion cycle on record. That he could somehow strike out the lost decade brought to us by failed economic policies. If that's what it would take to win your approval, then every President will always be a failure in your eyes. Until someone invents a time machine, that is.

well he did campaign on hope and change.... :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Change which he has been trying to get through, yes?

Bringing these minutiae as if nobody else has been paying attention is a bit immature...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Change which he has been trying to get through, yes?

Bringing these minutiae as if nobody else has been paying attention is a bit immature...

change? refresh my memory about the patriot act. and gitmo.

enough said, eh?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

And all of Wall Street, and all of the Banks, and all of the entire Capitalist System too while you're at it. Or can we just call it greed, while at the same time defending such practice because going after it would be 'Too much big government and job-killing legislation?'

Where are the GOP-led bills to get people working again too? Surely if we want to be stupid with periods of time in office- the 2010 elected have been in office long enough to get bills passed.

The Great Recession is the fault of Politicians-Dems and Pubs, Banks, Wall Street and the Fed.

The question now, what to do going forward. Bush's and Obama's use of Keynesian stimulus spending probably prevented a further decline. but now, Obama's and the Fed's quiver's are empty. Corporate America is sitting on record amounts of cash and no incentive to spend it. GOP has an idea. GOP wants to try Supply-Side. Obama stands in the way.

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Timeline

enough said, eh?

If that's all you're looking at in the scheme of his administration, then your mantra fits into perfect agreement with my interpretation of what has 'changed.' It seems you're just stretching things to try to get a point.

But on the Gitmo note, I am sure you could bring up points too about his attempts at closure, with some contextual facts to justify its permanence as a prison facility. ;)

The Great Recession is the fault of Politicians-Dems and Pubs, Banks, Wall Street and the Fed.

The question now, what to do going forward. Bush's and Obama's use of Keynesian stimulus spending probably prevented a further decline. but now, Obama's and the Fed's quiver's are empty. Corporate America is sitting on record amounts of cash and no incentive to spend it. GOP has an idea. GOP wants to try Supply-Side. Obama stands in the way.

They should just legislate their idea to get the word out.

enough said, eh?

:thumbs:

Obama also promised gov transparency. Promised Obamacare would be debated on C-Span. Bogus promises to "change" the way gov does business.

Timeline

:thumbs:

Obama also promised gov transparency. Promised Obamacare would be debated on C-Span. Bogus promises to "change" the way gov does business.

Debate- interesting concept. Ask the GOP why the Democracts had to ram through that 'change' a majority of Americans are still in favor of...

GOP has made it part of the budget / debt ceiling talks.

Their way or the highway isn't exactly what voters want is it?

The way things are going I don't think the GOP is going to have much to party about next year.

Filed: Timeline
Corporate America is sitting on record amounts of cash and no incentive to spend it. GOP has an idea. GOP wants to try Supply-Side. Obama stands in the way.

The GOP has an idea? That's the same idea that got us here in the first place: trickle-down - or more accurately voo-doo economics. It's not working. It hasn't worked the last decade. It won't work the next. Corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars already. Profits have recovered fully. Why does anyone think that adding to that already record high pile of cash will spur economic growth? It won't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
The GOP has an idea? That's the same idea that got us here in the first place: trickle-down - or more accurately voo-doo economics. It's not working. It hasn't worked the last decade. It won't work the next. Corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars already. Profits have recovered fully. Why does anyone think that adding to that already record high pile of cash will spur economic growth? It won't.

I have to say that Obama doesn’t score points here either. Let’s look at GE shall we? They pay no taxes and the people are mad so what shall we do about this? Hire their executives. This did not impress me. :wacko:

1070663.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That was a slogan and not a particularly good one. You'd be better talking about Obama's campaign platform - that's the area where the discussion lies - not the marketing that was used to elect him.

:blink: You are blaming the Great Recession on Supply-Side economics? :blink:

May I have hit off the pipe you're smoking? :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
The problem isn't GE, the problem is the tax code.

He had a blatantly obvious chance to make a good Change. But in stead of going against Big Business he jumped right in the sack with them. Correct, it is the Tax Code but who drives the changes to the Tax Code? The Government. There are Senate hearings over Toyota Cars but when GE pays nothing in taxes after making record profits you hire the executives?? That speaks volumes.

1070663.jpg