len ben

Psychiatric evaluation passed or failed

25 posts in this topic

I just want to ask what happens after you undergo psychiatric evaluation. I am just so worried even now I can't sleep. Last Friday june 10th I went for medical and the lady doctor found scars on my left wrist during the physical exam ( i did attempt suicide once before) and now these 3 scars are bothering me. What if I get denied for a visa? The psychiatrist also asked me what if you are denied of a visa because of this? I am really scared. I've been through a lot of stress just because of the immigration requirements that the embassy needs and I just want to know now what will happen coz I don't want to raise my hopes up and then fail the interview after. We already put a lot of money in this and if this psych eval actually will tun out to be failed, I don't want to go to my interview anymore, thus, not wasting any more money and time and undue stress on my art. Also I am pregnant so, as much as possible, I don't want to be stressed out cos of stupid things like these.

Thanks in advance.

if you didn't attempted suicide, and answered truthfully on the psych evaluation i don't think you should worry. I hope it's ok if i ask, what kind of art was the scar? is it like a tattoo? don't stress so much. . . i read somewhere here in VJ with the same situation as yours and she had a positive result on the medical. I'll try to find it and send you the link. Hang in there.

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if you didn't attempted suicide, and answered truthfully on the psych evaluation i don't think you should worry. I hope it's ok if i ask, what kind of art was the scar? is it like a tattoo? don't stress so much. . . i read somewhere here in VJ with the same situation as yours and she had a positive result on the medical. I'll try to find it and send you the link. Hang in there.

sis she said "she attemped suicide once before"...but hope everything will be fine and they`ll just give a psychiatric exam after her psychiatric evaluation,,in that case, if she pass the exam then i think its a proof that she is normal...(psychiatric exam is a whole day test and you`ll pay php3,000 for that)....

krisca,

I did attempted suicide back in 2003. I did admit that during the interview as I see no point in saying no because the scars are very visible and would easily be seen by an experienced doctor.

Anyway, I just don't want to stress out over this until such time i have my interview on july 11. And also i don't want to put too much into this coz i'm pregnant and i don't want to hurt my baby by being worried everyday for a month over something that is pointless or hopeless. I just don't want to continue further anymore if this is just gonna cause me problems. i still have my 6 month pregnant belly to worry about.

thanks again for your reply.

KCJ,

I went to the appointment today and he (the psychiatrist) told me to call after 2-3 days for the result. and also, if i am going to undergo psychiatric exam, i still don't know coz he did not tell me anything. he just asked, what if you'll be denied of a visa, what would you do? i just said i'll go back to my life as it is.

Thanks for replying, btw.

sorry, not wearing any glasses. don't stress too much if you're pregnant. you did it before so as other people. if you did ok on your evaluation i'm sure you'll be fine. . . don't lose hope until you've gotten the results. . .

sis she said "she attemped suicide once before"...but hope everything will be fine and they`ll just give a psychiatric exam after her psychiatric evaluation,,in that case, if she pass the exam then i think its a proof that she is normal...(psychiatric exam is a whole day test and you`ll pay php3,000 for that)....

yah sorry, i read too fast. :bonk:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Duplicate thread removed *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

dont worry girl you`ll be fine,..and if youre going to undergo psychiatric exam then just go and have it done, its just a test, and you can do it..i had my psychiatric evaluation last june 8 too due to my annulment, and the doctor told me to wait 2-3days for the result coz she needs to make a report for my evaluation. but before i left i asked her if i still need to have a psychiatric exam and she told me, that no need and il just wait for the result of the report to be done and put in there system and have my vaccination already..anyway just wait for your result sis then if theres another referrals just follow it,,. you`ll be fine...goodluck and godbless

Timeline

dont worry girl

I will change the topic for a second? I was harrassed for using the "boys and girls" I have no idea how how got away with it.

To the op,

My best wishes and please calm down. The tone in your voice sound as if you need some kind of stress/anger management course.

Best of luck and hope everything will be fine. :thumbs:

:reading: -enufsaid

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will change the topic for a second? I was harrassed for using the "boys and girls" I have no idea how how got away with it.

To the op,

My best wishes and please calm down. The tone in your voice sound as if you need some kind of stress/anger management course.

Forgive me, I'm worried, I'm pregnant and I don't want to push myself too much anymore, I am actually thinking of not going to the interview anymore coz I think I will be too stressed and stressing is not good for me. I'm having contractions since last Friday coz I think too much and overanalyze stuff like this and worrying about it makes this all not worth it, especially when, number 1, it will mean I am hurting my future baby coz of the risk of having premature labor aused by these contractions and also number I'm given remarks like that. My husband will be here for the next two years so I might as well just try again next year or so.

Timeline

Forgive me, I'm worried, I'm pregnant and I don't want to push myself too much anymore, I am actually thinking of not going to the interview anymore coz I think I will be too stressed and stressing is not good for me. I'm having contractions since last Friday coz I think too much and overanalyze stuff like this and worrying about it makes this all not worth it, especially when, number 1, it will mean I am hurting my future baby coz of the risk of having premature labor aused by these contractions and also number I'm given remarks like that. My husband will be here for the next two years so I might as well just try again next year or so.

Calm down please. Learn to breath and relax and you will see, both you and the baby (L) will be just fine.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were talking down to people. That's the difference. And you weren't harassed about it. Your behavior was pointed out to you. You just don't want to acknowledge it. Typical.

To the op,

You were talking down to people. That's the difference. And you weren't harassed about it. Your behavior was pointed out to you. You just don't want to acknowledge it. Typical.

Really? That's all you noticed about his post? How did you miss that he hears a tone in her voice as he reads her post. :lol:

Really? That's all you noticed about his post? How did you miss that he hears a tone in her voice as he reads her post. :lol:

:lol: Yeah...that's beyond bizarre for someone who can barely read!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.