len ben

Psychiatric evaluation passed or failed

25 posts in this topic

:lol: Yeah...that's beyond bizarre for someone who can barely read!!!

Thanks Tahoma and B and J.

I just did not want to say anything but I was getting worried, starting to panic. I think he did not realize that the reason I resorted to asking people in a forum about my situation, no matter how embarrassing it is, is because of the fact that I need an advice. I did not pour my heart out about my past just to be ridiculed and make fun of clowns like him. I thought this forum is about helping each other out, one way or another. But apparently, it is too much to ask for from this person.

dont worry u will be fine... :star::innocent::thumbs:

that's is only slec procedure... i did that once too.. :yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Yes I read your posts before. But your situation is different from mine right?

yep coz i am annulled.. but usually those patient that has scars on wrist like u, dont under-go the psych test.. but only the eval. bcoz u dont have public doc. u must prove that u dont have disorder...

best of luck!!!

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Len...I hope you don't stress too much because I believe you will pass the medical and you will get your visa approval. I have read about cases like yours here on VJ, and they were successful. I have never seen anyone fail the medical with the same case as your case.

You just have to be honest with the doctors and with the consular officer, and you have to jump through all the hoops that they put in your way. It may take a little extra time and expense, but please keep your eyes on the prize...your sweetheart who you will spend the rest of your life with. No matter what difficulties you face now, it will all be worth it in the end.

My very best wishes to you for a smooth and speedy journey. :star:

~ Tahoma

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Len...I hope you don't stress too much because I believe you will pass the medical and you will get your visa approval. I have read about cases like yours here on VJ, and they were successful. I have never seen anyone fail the medical with the same case as your case.

You just have to be honest with the doctors and with the consular officer, and you have to jump through all the hoops that they put in your way. It may take a little extra time and expense, but please keep your eyes on the prize...your sweetheart who you will spend the rest of your life with. No matter what difficulties you face now, it will all be worth it in the end.

My very best wishes to you for a smooth and speedy journey. :star:

~ Tahoma

Your advice will be appreciated. Here's my story:

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just really concerned about the fact that I denied the real reason the first time merely because I was so afraid that it could affect my process and of course being with the man I love. During the evaluation the doctor offered me a chance to restate the real reason as he was not buying my alibi. I apologized several times and said I did not mean to insult or offend anyone and that I was only afraid that my past will be a hindrance to my future. I began telling the doctor that it was way back in High School and inflicted that on my self because I was lonely and wanted a better attention from my mom. I told him that when my mom saw my wounds 2-3 days later we talked about it and the relationship improved slowly. The doctor asked if I repeated it and I said no...and I really didn't :) On the information sheet, it was clear that I am a functioning member of the society and worked in few of the top BPO companies in the Philippines and had been a supervisor and shift manager.

I know I'm not insane (lol) but I am concerned about the initial denial. Also, after my statement of the truth, I cried as I repeated my apology to the doctor for denying the facts and that I was just really afraid of how this could affect my dream, future and being with the man I love.

Will this affect my interview? Please all your responses will be highly appreciated. My interview is only in a few days.

Your advice will be appreciated. Here's my story:

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just really concerned about the fact that I denied the real reason the first time merely because I was so afraid that it could affect my process and of course being with the man I love. During the evaluation the doctor offered me a chance to restate the real reason as he was not buying my alibi. I apologized several times and said I did not mean to insult or offend anyone and that I was only afraid that my past will be a hindrance to my future. I began telling the doctor that it was way back in High School and inflicted that on my self because I was lonely and wanted a better attention from my mom. I told him that when my mom saw my wounds 2-3 days later we talked about it and the relationship improved slowly. The doctor asked if I repeated it and I said no...and I really didn't :) On the information sheet, it was clear that I am a functioning member of the society and worked in few of the top BPO companies in the Philippines and had been a supervisor and shift manager.

I know I'm not insane (lol) but I am concerned about the initial denial. Also, after my statement of the truth, I cried as I repeated my apology to the doctor for denying the facts and that I was just really afraid of how this could affect my dream, future and being with the man I love.

Will this affect my interview? Please all your responses will be highly appreciated. My interview is only in a few days.

For me, I was stressed more on the medical than the actual consular interview. Really. WE have the same situation not that long ago. I was really stressed out, especially the 2-3 days of waiting for the psych evaluation result. And I got more stressed out after they found out I was okay, no need for vaccines though because I'm pregnant, because when they ask me to sign the papers containing the result of my medical exam, I saw an annotation that says medical condition class B on the results. I did not bother asking SLEC about it because I was not suppose to see it anyways. So, yes, I was stressed thinking that it would be a topic of discussion between the consul and me during my interview, but to my surprise, it did not come up. Really. I was only asked 3 questions by the consul and that was it. I was done with the interview.

By the way, I am leaving on the 26th of July, I will update you on what will happen to me at the POE just in case my psych situation comes up again. :yes:

For me, I was stressed more on the medical than the actual consular interview. Really. WE have the same situation not that long ago. I was really stressed out, especially the 2-3 days of waiting for the psych evaluation result. And I got more stressed out after they found out I was okay, no need for vaccines though because I'm pregnant, because when they ask me to sign the papers containing the result of my medical exam, I saw an annotation that says medical condition class B on the results. I did not bother asking SLEC about it because I was not suppose to see it anyways. So, yes, I was stressed thinking that it would be a topic of discussion between the consul and me during my interview, but to my surprise, it did not come up. Really. I was only asked 3 questions by the consul and that was it. I was done with the interview.

By the way, I am leaving on the 26th of July, I will update you on what will happen to me at the POE just in case my psych situation comes up again. :yes:

Congratulations for passing the interview! Have a safe trip soon! :thumbs:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Congrats Len Ben,

The standard isn't what did you do in the past but rather "Are you PRESENTLY a danger to yourself or others", A suicide attempt 8 years ago will have no impact if you've recovered from your problems and are now a happily adjusted person.

Welcome to the U S of A!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.