jrmejia

Cold feet

123 posts in this topic

One thing I noticed about her is that she likes to use a/c all day long.

I rarely use A/C in the house. In fact, I only use it when I have visitors. What I like to do is this; take a shower around 9pm, go to bed, and feel the heat. Around 2am or 3am wake up take another shower and go back to bed . Finally wake up at 5.30am take another shower and my way to work. Do not like to take breakfast in the house. I like to eat breakfast at the office.

I do not know if she will feel comfortable with me waking up in the middle of the night just to take a shower.

I am not a fan of sitting on a couch just to watch TV. In fact, I turn on my TV when I have visitors and that is not too frequently.

Where will my freedom goes I will need to learn to watch TV just for the fun of watching TV. :crying:

:reading: - enufsaid.

my two cents

OK, I can't resist any more.

I'm not married yet but here's my expectations.

I tend to keep the AC set at a temp. that she will find uncomfortable; so we're going to have to find some middle setting that we can both agree on.

I tend to watch TV a lot and flip through channels constantly. She may not like that, so I'll probably have to change that habit.

Here's the really strange one. I like to watch golf on the weekends, I know that's weird, and I usually lie on the couch and fall asleep while it's on. That will be very inconsiderate of me when she's here and maybe she wants to sit on the couch or watch something else.

None of this is losing my freedom. This is just the adjustments people have to make when they decide to get married. I am very happy to make these changes and many more because none of these things are as important to me as having her here with me. If I was in any way bothered by something as simple as AC temperature or TV habits, I would seriously reconsider the whole idea of getting married. Pronto.

enough said.

:pop::reading::secret:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my two cents

OK, I can't resist any more.

I'm not married yet but here's my expectations.

I tend to keep the AC set at a temp. that she will find uncomfortable; so we're going to have to find some middle setting that we can both agree on.

I tend to watch TV a lot and flip through channels constantly. She may not like that, so I'll probably have to change that habit.

Here's the really strange one. I like to watch golf on the weekends, I know that's weird, and I usually lie on the couch and fall asleep while it's on. That will be very inconsiderate of me when she's here and maybe she wants to sit on the couch or watch something else.

None of this is losing my freedom. This is just the adjustments people have to make when they decide to get married. I am very happy to make these changes and many more because none of these things are as important to me as having her here with me. If I was in any way bothered by something as simple as AC temperature or TV habits, I would seriously reconsider the whole idea of getting married. Pronto.

enough said.

:pop::reading::secret:

Golf is fine. I kind of like it. But I don't like to watch TV. I find watching TV boring. Maybe if I have a companion I will change my liking about watching TV.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find watching TV boring.

Remember, if you find anything boring while she's here, it means there is not enough romance there. Just kidding. :lol:

I think the key is just being open to changing. She's giving up everything to come here; we should be able to give up little things like how we set the AC and how much TV we watch. We're really not having to change much in our lives in comparison to how much their lives are changing. I don't know anything about being married; but I think communication and compromise are the keys.

Timeline

She is not here yet and I signed her in for one of our trips at work. We have drive-in movie night. I hope she likes it and I hope she is here by then.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

You need to update your timeline jr, your date for cold feet should be 06-12-11 ;) Cold feet is a natural phenom, just don't over think it all...it's marriage not rocket science (rocket science is much easier to grasp).

Edited by Kevin-n-Merlaine

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Junior...

I can understand why you're scared. Your problem has nothing to do with losing your freedom. Your problem is that you fear your world is going to collapse around you when your fiancée finally finds out the truth about your germophobia, your OCD with neatness and cleanliness, and Lord only knows what else.

You keep mentioning that you are not a freak, and I agree with you. You simply need professional help to learn how to deal with the problem behaviors that have taken control of your life.

However, the first step on the path to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, and it seems that you are not ready to do so.

Honestly, JR, you should probably see a doctor about checking for OCD. It's no big issue if you have it. Medications will help deal with it. It would be better to deal with OCD than deal with an unhappy relationship.

Edited by B_J

She is not here yet and I signed her in for one of our trips at work. We have drive-in movie night. I hope she likes it and I hope she is here by then.

Ohh, you will have fun at the drive-in movie JR :) When my wife got here we went to a drive-in outside a small town where we lived and it was so much fun. We sat outside the car on lawn chairs on top of a blanket under the stars and it was so nice and she and I had fun

breaking news from Merriam-Webster Online dictionary on the meaning of enough is enough. a link has been provided to this thread. :jest:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

breaking news from Merriam-Webster Online dictionary on the meaning of enough is enough. a link has been provided to this thread. :jest:

:lol:

Yup...Enough is enough.

Since Junior is still in denial, we are all wasting our time here. That includes Junior too.

Timeline

mmmmm..

Yes, I was getting cold feet. But I feel a lot better now that I let it out. My calendar is looking pretty good for when she arrives. Month of July - August look pretty good. From drive-in movie, kayak trip, jet-ski trip, bbq, etc. Poor girl will be pretty busy the first few months.

Just need to call my x-boss to see if she needs some one to volunteer in her company at least 1 day per week. Poor girl will need to learn to travel using public transportation until she learns to drive in USA. I forgot she wants us to be enrolled in photography class and of course the GYM :)

Thanks for all the great support.

:thumbs:

:reading: -snufsaid

3.gif

• 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.