gretchen_darren

NOA2. where you go????

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i totally agree:) that's my motivation in life and since this journey from uscis started..i put myself into something that i really wanted in my life and it works :thumbs: you should watch ''the secret'' you'll be enlighten :thumbs:

Darren,Kenshaq and Anthill couldnt have said it better! Just hang in there bro! we all in the same situation, Just wait and wait!keep focusing on the outcome of this wait! we have our LOVED ONE HERE!Yaaaay! Hooooooo!!! :yes::thumbs:

You know,when you want anything in life as badly as you want to be with your future wife it WILL happen, because you are doing everything in your power to make it happen. I know your pain. My fiancee is filipina and poor also. Like you I hope and pray that soon she will be with me. All I want to do for the rest of my life is to make her happy every day :)

:thumbs::yes:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; Oh my freakin' goodness!!

Stop complaining you all :bonk: You are all within the 5 month mark. Stop whining and just wait on your NOA2.

"the more they get, the more they want". Just because some peeps got approved sooner than you guys, you want to get approved way sooner too. I understand, but keep in mind the normal progressing time is 5 months, sometimes 6.

If you are waiting 7 months like me and many others, then I'll give you a tissue and you can cry and whine as much as you want!!!!!

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

it is just there is a "mountain in the way, and a lock on the door"

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Just hang in there and before you know it, you'll be reading about someone else wondering if they will ever recieve their NOA2 while your fiancee is in Manila taking a bath and getting ready to head to the embassy for her interview. :D

pregnant-1367470800z1z1369717200z0.png

Timeline

Channah&Aaron: I know it may seem like complaining, but I CANNOT even get her a TOURIST VISA to come visit me or see me in the USA. It may seem like complaining to you, but at least y'all got to visit.. If you want to know the conditions... go north, east, or west of Pittsburgh.... Go to the outskirts of kittanning, PA, or go south of Wheeling, West Virginia, or head east into Reading... or go down to the Blue ridge off of I-81 by Front royal, virginia. You drove from Texas to Pittsburgh, did you see ANY of the backwater towns along the way? go camping on the banks of the Allegheny river. You will get a feel for how they live each and every single day.

Imagine eating rice and sardines (no bigger then your index finger) for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. Imagine cooking fish in vinegar. Imagine days not cooking becasue it is raining. Imagine not being able to work because the water is too rough or the nets will not go deep enough. Imagine going to work, and coming home with nothing day after day. Imagine looking at your family, knowing there is no money for food. Imagine no hot water at all unless you boil it. No running water apart from one pump in the village. You wash clothes, pots, pans all by hand, bathe, cook your food in, and plus drink water from the one and only pump in the village which is next to a pond. The whole village uses an outhouse to go to the bathroom.

I know I may sound complaining.... not even five months... but can you imagine not even being able to visit except going to see her in her village? Can you imagine seeing living conditions so bad you cannot even begin to tell people what it is like? Knowing how you live back home, and just know you have to leave someone you love in a state which just tears you apart? If it is complaining that is fine... but just imagine living on $20 (either US or Euro) a week for 7 people...less then $100 a month. Electric costs you $12 a month. no stove, no fridge, and going to get groceries costs you $5 each way. You also have to mend nets, patch the house, school supplies, clothes, cell phone, etc. How do you support a family of 7 with just $100 a month????

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Darren,

I think you should find refuge in the fact that she and many others have lived that way their entire lives. She knows how to take care of herself and she will be fine and waiting for you :)

Timeline

Just hang in there and before you know it, you'll be reading about someone else wondering if they will ever recieve their NOA2 while your fiancee is in Manila taking a bath and getting ready to head to the embassy for her interview. :D

:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

:thumbs:

Hang in there Darren! Hang in there Buddy!! It WILL get better!! :thu :thumbs: mbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Hang in there. You'll be getting your approval soon.

And once you're getting ready for the interview and medical you'll forget how awful this wait was. It gets better. :thumbs:

I feel your pain, everyone here feels they waited longer than necessary, no matter how long they waited, It took us ! week short of 6months from NOA1 to NOA2, We finally had our interview on June1 and got a 221g! nothing checked but, wait for us to call! We dont know how much longer it will take, its been 8 months now since NOA1, my fiancee is from mindanao also.So keep your chin up!

K1 Visa Timeline

10/11/2010 - I-129F sent via USPS

10/19/2010 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 10/15/2010

04/08/2011- received NOA2 hard copy, dated 04/05/2011

04/12/2011- NVC received petition

04/18/2011- received letter from NVC

04/18/2011- Manila embassy received petition

04/27/2011- medical exam passed

05/04/2011- appointment letter received dated 06/01/2011

06/01/2011- appointment date, put on administrative review

06/24/2011- visa granted

06/29/2011- received visa

07/18/2011- cfo class

07/21/2011- arrived in America

09/02/2011- happily married!

AOS Timeline

12/01/2011- AOS packet sent

12/06/2011- received email and text from USCIS with MSC number

12/07/2011- check was cashed

12/10/2011- received NOA hard copy dated 12/05/2011

12/12/2011- received NOA hard copy for biometrics appointment for 12/28/2011

12/24/2011- received NOA hard copy stating that our case was transfered to CSC on 12/20/2011

12/28/2011- biometrics appointment completed

06/25/2012- put in service request

09/12/2012- AOS approved

09/17/2012- card production

09/21/2012- greencard in hand

ROC Timeline

08/04/2014 - sent ROC packet

08/13/2014 - received I-797, NOA, dated 08/08/2014

08/28/2014 - received biometric appt. letter for 09/11/2014

02/25/2015- ROC approved

Timeline

MikelanNida: WOW sorry about the 221g... that is a bummer after everything.... Probably she mentioned you are between jobs, or on unemployment. this will make things tough. find a job as quickly as possible. She was probably asked what you did, and stated you were between jobs going on unemployment. This probably set off a HUGE Red FLAG. I wish you the best in the process.

B_J: no, I will not forget the process and how "Long" it was.... Some things just stick with you....

b & q: maybe, but also realize, the extended family has had people here in Phoenix for a long time, about 10 years. She has relatives in Phoenix, Georgia, Texas, and Las Vegas that I know of. How do you sleep at night when you have so much, and your fiance has so little? How do you live with yourself when you know they live that way, happy that way, but it breaks your heart to see them starving at times? How do you in your soul, live with yourself being apathetic to a situation? I understand things,,, but sometimes, you just get "moved" when you see something...

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

MikelanNida: WOW sorry about the 221g... that is a bummer after everything.... Probably she mentioned you are between jobs, or on unemployment. this will make things tough. find a job as quickly as possible. She was probably asked what you did, and stated you were between jobs going on unemployment. This probably set off a HUGE Red FLAG. I wish you the best in the process.

B_J: no, I will not forget the process and how "Long" it was.... Some things just stick with you....

b & q: maybe, but also realize, the extended family has had people here in Phoenix for a long time, about 10 years. She has relatives in Phoenix, Georgia, Texas, and Las Vegas that I know of. How do you sleep at night when you have so much, and your fiance has so little? How do you live with yourself when you know they live that way, happy that way, but it breaks your heart to see them starving at times? How do you in your soul, live with yourself being apathetic to a situation? I understand things,,, but sometimes, you just get "moved" when you see something...

Darren,

I understand that is hard for you really and I honestly have no idea what you are going through from a personal standpoint. If I could give some advice, however, I would suggest that you focus on what you can actually DO for right now. Worrying over something you can't control is not beneficial and will just drag you down more. It's great that you care and I'm not saying you should stop caring, I'm just saying you should do your best to focus your attention on other aspects. When she gets to the US, and she will, then you do not have to worry about her or her situation anymore. :)

Right now, just do your best to laugh and smile every time you talk to her. It will go a long way towards keeping her spirits up as well.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wow Darren... Understand I am a part of the whole VISA process like you... and I have traveled to other countries and seen how others less fortunate live... and have been in love with someone from another country...

All that being said... I have to wonder if you are truly prepared for what it is going to be like when your love arrives in the USA. B&Q said it right... You have to understand that is the way she has lived all her life and to here that is 'normal'. Understand that when she comes to live in your suburban house with fast food places and highways and concrete etc. She may not like it at all and feel sorry that YOU have to live this way. ;)

I look at your timeline for your relationship and WOW it has moved very quickly. Do you speak her language or does she speak English? I know you mentioned you chat or message each other daily.

I wish you luck in your relationship, but keep in mind that what you think she should be grateful for and is normal living may not be something she feels is important. Be sure to accept the fact that she may not know many things we take for granted.

I remember that changing the channel on the car stereo was a frustrating moment till I thought about the fact that some people only ride in the back of taxis if EVER enter a car so how the heck are they supposed to know how to change the channel on the radio. LOL

Take care... and relax if you plan to go to the Embassy. You aren't any more important or special than every other couple that goes through the process.

Sorry if I offended but that wasn't the intent. Trust me, once you get the approval and the interview is getting close and you know she's almost here, you really won't be thinking about this time. You'll be focused so much on the future that the rest won't seem as important.

You're almost there. Keep on keeping on. Remember, we're all on your side in this. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

My fiance and I just passed our six month mark last week. We received our NOA1 on Dec 10th. This process seems without end. Believe me, when I see people from any time in 2011 who have received their NOA2, I about lose my mind wondering what USCIS could possibly be doing with the application that could take so long. I just have to remember that--like you said in your scenario--I have met my soul mate and beyond this strenuous waiting game, you and I are both lucky to have met a soul mate to feel so strongly about. Keep at it and if you know anybody in a position to push these things through faster, you be sure to put in a good word for me too.

Joe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.