Hannah+Vito

Evidence of bonafide relationship....

14 posts in this topic

I'm making a list of things as evidence I need to get together this week to send off as evidence with my packet. :thumbs:

But I'm not sure if what I think I can get together will be enough or good enough. :crying: Also I am not too sure as to how much of each evidence I should send (i.e. how many bank statements or bills over a two year period? 4? 6? 12?) :unsure:

If you guys could peruse over my shopping list and let me know if you think somethings missing or if you think that something doesn't hold enough weight without something or is too much. :thumbs: thanks

this is my list..

the form and fee (obviously :blush: )plus cover letter.

copy of my green card front and back

copy of husbands driving license with this address. (I don't have one of my own nor do I have the state ID)

Copies of Joint tax transcripts for years 09 and 10.

Copies of joint bank account (just one account) statements since Sept 09. (Not sure how many to provide)

Copies of husbands health insurance statements since Sept 09 showing coverage of and usage by both of us.

Copies of some of my dr bills relating to current pregnancy and also joint dentist bills. (thought they could match them up to the health insurance statement and shows same address) :unsure:

copies of my husbands credit card bills (of which I am an authorized user and show up under my name on the bill) since Sept 09.

Copies of my credit card bills (not as long standing as other evidences I've listed) with proof of payment using my husbands bank account if I can work out how :unsure:

Copies of family plan phone bill in Mother in laws name but with both my husband and I on it as listed family/phone lines.

other than that I may be able to find (if i can work out where it went) a copy of myself being a beneficiary of one of my husbands savings accounts. but all other utilities come in Mother in laws name.....and I have very little other than junk mail coming to me...though hubby doe have one or two other things coming in his name if i need more proof of address?

I doesn't seem I was ever added to this lease agreement and we will be moving soon so pointless to go through the rigmarole of finally getting me added I can't think of any other primary evidence. We commingle everything we have and every aspect but we don't really have much that gets put on paper. :bonk:

other things I thought might be worth sending as secondary evidence but I'm not sure about are

wedding photos from 09 (had our interview after wedding but she never took any wedding photos as her copies just every day dating photos that they had already seen at k1 interview)

photos from three separate holidays in 09 10 and just recently 11(family were present in all)

can provide some other pictures two from the past two years and also some copies of our baby's scans.

I could probably provide a little bit of proof in terms of ticket stubs etc and entry stamps for two of the holidays but my green card is in my married name as is every other aspect of my life now...but my passport is still in my maiden name because I haven't got round to changing it yet. and so therefore all the tickets/paperwork for me is in my old name. :unsure:

can also provide a small scattering of copies of anniversary/xmas/baby cards if its worth including?

Thanks for your in put :thumbs:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Your evidence looks good to me. You have a bit more than I did in terms of health insurance coverage for both of you. I don't think junk mail is needed, don't worry about that.

Pictures might not be *great* evidence, but I sent in 40 spanning from 2007-2010, you can tell they were taken from different years cause I change my hair all the time...I did include copies of cards addressed to both of us, with the envelopes showing both our names and the card.

Those things might be overkill, but I figured it didn't hurt. Do you have a car title in both your names? I included that, and in your cover letter you can explain the lack of utility bills.

2 sworn affidavits can help as well, either from family, friends or better yet an impartial contact such as someone in the community that knows both of you, maybe a minister?

Have your mother in law draw a lease or some document up showing you both live with her.

For the bank statements, I sent 4 per year from 2008-2010.

I think you'll be ok, if you lack some things, pictures and affidavits can help fill in those.

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree with simnel1110 :) Your list looks pretty good! At this stage they want to see that you have intermingled lives and finances. Pictures of you together in the last two years since you have been married are good. Maybe you could also include some recent pictures of you pregnant with your husband.

Airline tickets showing you sitting next to each other or anything else that has both of your names on like boat tickets or hotel bills are good. The fact that they are in your maiden name doesn't matter. You need to put your maiden name on the forms under other names used anyway so they will be able to work that part out. I sent tickets with my maiden name too. :)

I had some boarding passes but not all of them, I included the ones I could find with the confirmation itinerary email you get after you book your flights. I printed off any I couldn't find from emails prompting us to check-in online for flights. Maybe you can find what you need through email too?

In the instructions for the I-751 an example of evidence to include is "Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy"

If you can't be added to the lease, like simel1110 says, can you can get a short letter from the person you rent from saying that you have lived there since x date and include that with the lease your husband has? The more evidence you can get that shows you live together, the better.

I agree with simnel1110 :) Your list looks pretty good! At this stage they want to see that you have intermingled lives and finances. Pictures of you together in the last two years since you have been married are good. Maybe you could also include some recent pictures of you pregnant with your husband.

Airline tickets showing you sitting next to each other or anything else that has both of your names on like boat tickets or hotel bills are good. The fact that they are in your maiden name doesn't matter. You need to put your maiden name on the forms under other names used anyway so they will be able to work that part out. I sent tickets with my maiden name too. :)

I had some boarding passes but not all of them, I included the ones I could find with the confirmation itinerary email you get after you book your flights. I printed off any I couldn't find from emails prompting us to check-in online for flights. Maybe you can find what you need through email too?

In the instructions for the I-751 an example of evidence to include is "Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy"

If you can't be added to the lease, like simel1110 says, can you can get a short letter from the person you rent from saying that you have lived there since x date and include that with the lease your husband has? The more evidence you can get that shows you live together, the better.

the problem with that is well, hubby and mil have rented and lived here since 07 just before hubby and I met..so they are on the lease... it was an 18 month lease and then turned into a month to month...I moved in with them in 09 when I got my visa finally and we got married...all that time up until about two or three months ago it was a different resident manager...and when she found out we were getting married she made it sound like she was going to add me on the lease as an occupant...but we never got any paperwork showing she did and all letters come to either resident at or my mil and hubby......we have a new manager now and she's only been here about two months and i honestly couldn't pick hr out in a line up...even though she lives here shes never here not even up on what needs fixing in communal areas and hard to find/get hold of.........I doubt she could write an affidavit that we are married and I live here because we have hardly met in passing and only once when she came for an inspection....

I don't think mil can write up a lease because she rents the place herself and if we ask them to add me I'm worried they will try and tie us down for another lease and we need to move soon. MIL could probably write an affidavit....also its the same address as the one we had at our interview to get this greencard....I guess I could write a lengthy addendum to the cover letter explaining that we co rent with mil and all bills go to her as was the set up before our marriage..... :unsure: I don't drive so no insurance or joint car lease or ownership..hubby bought his car before he met me and had his mum on there as co borrower and owner...not long ago was he able to take her off when he paid it off. :thumbs: so don't have that yet..I did find the fmla paperwork we need to refile for baby so hubby can get time off maybe a copy of that will be good too. shows co interest and active duty towards the sprog...well as much as as can be shwn when its not born yet lol

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

the problem with that is well, hubby and mil have rented and lived here since 07 just before hubby and I met..so they are on the lease... it was an 18 month lease and then turned into a month to month...I moved in with them in 09 when I got my visa finally and we got married...all that time up until about two or three months ago it was a different resident manager...and when she found out we were getting married she made it sound like she was going to add me on the lease as an occupant...but we never got any paperwork showing she did and all letters come to either resident at or my mil and hubby......we have a new manager now and she's only been here about two months and i honestly couldn't pick hr out in a line up...even though she lives here shes never here not even up on what needs fixing in communal areas and hard to find/get hold of.........I doubt she could write an affidavit that we are married and I live here because we have hardly met in passing and only once when she came for an inspection....

I don't think mil can write up a lease because she rents the place herself and if we ask them to add me I'm worried they will try and tie us down for another lease and we need to move soon. MIL could probably write an affidavit....also its the same address as the one we had at our interview to get this greencard....I guess I could write a lengthy addendum to the cover letter explaining that we co rent with mil and all bills go to her as was the set up before our marriage..... :unsure: I don't drive so no insurance or joint car lease or ownership..hubby bought his car before he met me and had his mum on there as co borrower and owner...not long ago was he able to take her off when he paid it off. :thumbs: so don't have that yet..I did find the fmla paperwork we need to refile for baby so hubby can get time off maybe a copy of that will be good too. shows co interest and active duty towards the sprog...well as much as as can be shwn when its not born yet lol

Showing joint lease or mortgage is not required, but just one of various types of evidence you can submit. For the initial GC, I didn't send either - I was the one on the lease and we never added my hubbie on to it, as the gouging corporate landlord was going to charge an additional $50 in rent per month to add another resident. I wasn't about to pay $600/year more just to have some stupid paperwork. We got approved anyway without anyone even askign about that.

Showing joint lease or mortgage is not required, but just one of various types of evidence you can submit. For the initial GC, I didn't send either - I was the one on the lease and we never added my hubbie on to it, as the gouging corporate landlord was going to charge an additional $50 in rent per month to add another resident. I wasn't about to pay $600/year more just to have some stupid paperwork. We got approved anyway without anyone even askign about that.

thanks :thumbs: we got approved for my conditional without it and it is the same place...i'm about to riffle through what I have found so far...so will post a new revised list in a bit... :unsure: just didn't find as much as I thought I would...I think someone may have chucked our old dentist bills out :bonk: there's a lot of stuff I thought existed and I don't know where it is.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Your list looks about what I had in mine. Except we had a kid already so he put his birth certificate. We didn't put any pictures. We were approved pretty fast.

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Your list looks about what I had in mine. Except we had a kid already so he put his birth certificate. We didn't put any pictures. We were approved pretty fast.

I hope we get approved pretty fast too.... :thumbs: thanks

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline

thanks :thumbs: we got approved for my conditional without it and it is the same place...i'm about to riffle through what I have found so far...so will post a new revised list in a bit... :unsure: just didn't find as much as I thought I would...I think someone may have chucked our old dentist bills out :bonk: there's a lot of stuff I thought existed and I don't know where it is.

did you manage to order the tax transcripts?

did you manage to order the tax transcripts?

I did on Sunday but they haven't arrived yet. Now all I need is those my hubby to get fmla form done and signed so we can copy it...our phone bills from mil and my hubby's bills from him plus get the e tickets together from hubby's :thumbs: email account :) I'm going to try and start the photos tonight :) Just want to get it sent buy end of June so we are in that month to be processed.....they were approving march filers for California center already I thought i saw.. I'm hoping by September I will also have a response..so we are less likely to have a problem with registering the address with a process pending :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline

I did on Sunday but they haven't arrived yet. Now all I need is those my hubby to get fmla form done and signed so we can copy it...our phone bills from mil and my hubby's bills from him plus get the e tickets together from hubby's :thumbs: email account :) I'm going to try and start the photos tonight :) Just want to get it sent buy end of June so we are in that month to be processed.....they were approving march filers for California center already I thought i saw.. I'm hoping by September I will also have a response..so we are less likely to have a problem with registering the address with a process pending :unsure:

Sounds like you're on your way to being ready! They just approved an April CSC person, so it seems like they're moving along pretty quickly. Hopefully you will be all approved before you move. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like you're on your way to being ready! They just approved an April CSC person, so it seems like they're moving along pretty quickly. Hopefully you will be all approved before you move. :)

oh cool

we finally posted it yesterday...i'm hoping they get it monday at the latest..... :thumbs:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

oh cool

we finally posted it yesterday...i'm hoping they get it monday at the latest..... :thumbs:

Good luck Hannah.

Your roughly on the same timeline as me from day one. Your first post looks good for ROC. I got my 10 GC this month

beach_1_001.jpg

Good luck Hannah.

Your roughly on the same timeline as me from day one. Your first post looks good for ROC. I got my 10 GC this month

:thumbs:

thanks heres to hoping it goes smoother than last time and as quick as it seems they are in the other months :luv:

I got my days wrong it posted Thursday and they received it today. i checked my tracking confirmation earlier after i posted. lol

I wonder how long CSC takes to cash a check and issue an NOA1? :unsure:

AND CONGRATS ON YOUR GREENCARD! :dance: :dance:

Edited by Hannah+Vito

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.