jhp

August 2011 Visa Bulletin Predictions

564 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Post is on the brink of being derailed ... people are just talking all kinda ####### and throwing things out there and confusing the ones who are on border line. So give a guess and give reasons and be realistic as to your answer.. it helps those who are seeking a true answer.

My bro's PD is December 2010.. I don't expect him to get completed with this process before March, 2012... and that's fine...it's a process that we should all expect will have a little drag.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good point - but just freezing the age really doesn't mean anything - the beneficiary has to apply for IV (file DS-230) within one year of PD becoming current. Now, in retrogression situation, he would be all set if he had applied within one year of his PD becoming current the first time - which he didn't - so it really doesn't matter that his PD became current once before.

I think he did. The case was completed on March 2011 ( did I get it right, Armani81?}. Although he was overtaken by the retrogression it is not his fault provided he just follows the rule of the 1 year prescription to sought a visa. That's why I said he needs a lawyer's advice for this.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think he did. The case was completed on March 2011 ( did I get it right, Armani81?}. Although he was overtaken by the retrogression it is not his fault provided he just follows the rule of the 1 year prescription to sought a visa. That's why I said he needs a lawyer's advice for this.

Yeah his case was completed on march 16 2011 and told us to wait for 8 weeks to replay you guys back to this point we didn't hear anything

Filed: Other Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Actually he didn't apply for IV since his case wasn't even complete until the priority dates retrogressed. So, for him it doesn't even matter that his PD became current once before. It doesn't matter if it is his fault or someone else's fault that he couldn't apply for IV.

Unless his I-130 was pending for a looong time, he won't benefit from CSPA.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Post is on the brink of being derailed ... people are just talking all kinda ####### and throwing things out there and confusing the ones who are on border line. So give a guess and give reasons and be realistic as to your answer.. it helps those who are seeking a true answer.

truth is everyone is full of #######.

maybe the ####### they throw out represents hope for a miracle or wishing thinking that their PD will become current soon.

it seems that one can estimate the cutoff based on the most recent interview date schedule, other than that it's just a wild guess.

You are getting a good one! LOL dancin5hr.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Me and my daughter's pd is 25 march 2008.no interview in august.I hope to get interview date atleast in september. Wish Chennai consulate was much faster! Am sick of tis waiting! :-(

Hmmmm....

Is INDIA'S VB going to move at all in Aug VB..I'm now puzzled..

we need good forward momentum now.....bcaz it has passed 7 months.....stupid retrogression....and still we are at march 2008....ohhhh god plz help us..

Jhp,

what is ur PD?

After lookig twinkle star's case do you this India's PD will remain the same?

PD: March 2011

Timeline

Sure, it needs a miracle to push the PD ahead. Just out of curiosity, with the recent surge in PD late last year, anyone know of any case with a PD as late as second half 2010 got approved, especially the beneficiaries who applied for Adjustment of Status (I485)?

maroon, the 6K limit was mentioned as a means to justify retrogression. Even with the total numbers for all countries tallying to 60K. There seems to be a deficit of close to 27K visas just in FY 2010. So where from was this high demand to justify retrogression back to 2007 days?

Honestly, it seems to me, that PD progresses from Sept - Nov of each owing to the fact that there is some needed action on the part of DoS to state, we tried to adjudicate as much applications as possible before the FY came to end on Sept and keep it afloat till Nov so as to justify the need to either waste the visas or transfer it to a much retrogressed category by Dec of the year.

What the heck, I expect Jan 2011 in Sept! And Aug 2011 by Nov for F2A.

Timeline

Hmmmm....

Is INDIA'S VB going to move at all in Aug VB..I'm now puzzled..

Jhp,

what is ur PD?

After lookig twinkle star's case do you this India's PD will remain the same?

nope...india's pd will move forward with world...bcaz they are doing this since 2007 in all categories...and my pd is dec 2010

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

Sure, it needs a miracle to push the PD ahead. Just out of curiosity, with the recent surge in PD late last year, anyone know of any case with a PD as late as second half 2010 got approved, especially the beneficiaries who applied for Adjustment of Status (I485)?

maroon, the 6K limit was mentioned as a means to justify retrogression. Even with the total numbers for all countries tallying to 60K. There seems to be a deficit of close to 27K visas just in FY 2010. So where from was this high demand to justify retrogression back to 2007 days?

Honestly, it seems to me, that PD progresses from Sept - Nov of each owing to the fact that there is some needed action on the part of DoS to state, we tried to adjudicate as much applications as possible before the FY came to end on Sept and keep it afloat till Nov so as to justify the need to either waste the visas or transfer it to a much retrogressed category by Dec of the year.

What the heck, I expect Jan 2011 in Sept! And Aug 2011 by Nov for F2A.

i dont understand what are u trying to tell....r u trying to tell pd will move to aug 2011 in this november?????

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

i dont understand what are u trying to tell....r u trying to tell pd will move to aug 2011 in this november?????

jhp, predicting PD movement is a guess which is as good as anyone else - of course I am pushing the limits of optimism :) What I am trying to mention is based on the visa report of 2010, F2A India, didnt seem to have filled its quota and seems to have flowed to other categories (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/statistics_5240.html)

Now, how the VO determines the right PD, no one except DoS knows perhaps, because of the absence of a demand data report being released by DoS every now and then for EB category. So I am hoping even this year, like 2010, there will be an attempt to move the PD to allow to fill the supposed "low demand" that is reported by CIS Ombudsman. Of course I am not hearing massive F2A approvals from July 2010, have you?? The numerical results will only be clear when DoS releases a report for 2011 which would be by the end of the year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.