jhp

August 2011 Visa Bulletin Predictions

564 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is my view. All PDs that were documentarily completed at NVC on or before September 2010 got their interviews in last quarter of 2010. I-130 is not a problem at all unless with problem of documents. The surge primarily benefitted the 2008 PDs as their waiting time was reduced from 4 yrs to an average of 3 years.

So wouldnt that have entailed most of 2008 PDs (excluding numerical limits) to have gotten their visas then, assuming NVC sends out request for documentary evidence on first in first out basis? The people who seem to be getting interview requests have PDs in early 2008 and some other folks with PDs in Oct/Nov 2010 in other forums reporting getting DS3032 from NVC recently.

Not to debunk your view, but just was wondering about where from the the high demand resulted and which year PD got the bulk of visas from last year movement and what it would mean going ahead.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So wouldnt that have entailed most of 2008 PDs (excluding numerical limits) to have gotten their visas then, assuming NVC sends out request for documentary evidence on first in first out basis? The people who seem to be getting interview requests have PDs in early 2008 and some other folks with PDs in Oct/Nov 2010 in other forums reporting getting DS3032 from NVC recently.

Not to debunk your view, but just was wondering about where from the the high demand resulted and which year PD got the bulk of visas from last year movement and what it would mean going ahead.

Pardon me but I dont read about visa statistics anymore in the Visa Bulletin except to glance at the table of current PDs. To me high demand is just superficial no offence meant to anyone. But try to review Pds of FY 2010. I can only surmise 2 things here. It is either people whose PD became current sat on their papers or the agency just wanted to generate funding which is just alright. Bulk of the visa was taken by 2007PDs. Their PDs leaped in 1 month from May - June 2010 VB. As I said if one is quick to submit requirements during the surge, they should have gotten their interview. Review also the VJ Timelines for F2A you will note that there are couple of guys who got their interview last year even if their PDs are after 2008.

Timeline

Pardon me but I dont read about visa statistics anymore in the Visa Bulletin except to glance at the table of current PDs. To me high demand is just superficial no offence meant to anyone. But try to review Pds of FY 2010. I can only surmise 2 things here. It is either people whose PD became current sat on their papers or the agency just wanted to generate funding which is just alright. Bulk of the visa was taken by 2007PDs. Their PDs leaped in 1 month from May - June 2010 VB. As I said if one is quick to submit requirements during the surge, they should have gotten their interview. Review also the VJ Timelines for F2A you will note that there are couple of guys who got their interview last year even if their PDs are after 2008.

on more thing i would like to add is country...the visa also depends on country...even if the pd is 22 july 2008 but still lots of ppl having pd before cut off dates are still waiting for interview...this situation relates to my country....so we have to wait for longer even if very few f2a cases in my country...india..

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

Timeline

on more thing i would like to add is country...the visa also depends on country...even if the pd is 22 july 2008 but still lots of ppl having pd before cut off dates are still waiting for interview...this situation relates to my country....so we have to wait for longer even if very few f2a cases in my country...india..

USCIS released yesterday its performance data on some of the major applications at http://www.uscis.gov/data . The data covers till March 11 for now. It offers a bit more insight than the dashboard page, atleast for I485 and I130 petitions (which I looked at). I am more convinced than ever that any data that USCIS publishes doesnt allow for any explanation of retrogression or their claim for higher demand leading to retrogression. It seems that USCIS will always work in shady and mysterious manner and these data is just a distraction to the traffic signal pattern of working. Maybe I have altogether lost hope that USCIS or DoS makes any fair and transparent approach towards their release on prority dates atleast.

Filed: Timeline

USCIS released yesterday its performance data on some of the major applications at http://www.uscis.gov/data . The data covers till March 11 for now. It offers a bit more insight than the dashboard page, atleast for I485 and I130 petitions (which I looked at). I am more convinced than ever that any data that USCIS publishes doesnt allow for any explanation of retrogression or their claim for higher demand leading to retrogression. It seems that USCIS will always work in shady and mysterious manner and these data is just a distraction to the traffic signal pattern of working. Maybe I have altogether lost hope that USCIS or DoS makes any fair and transparent approach towards their release on prority dates atleast.

I think it only includes the data of field offices, but not service centers. That's why we see so low number of I-130 receipts for preference groups, since most of them were diverted to the California service center.

Timeline

I think it only includes the data of field offices, but not service centers. That's why we see so low number of I-130 receipts for preference groups, since most of them were diverted to the California service center.

Thats right. The only piece of information on the overall view of 130 including service center is in the collected view of all petition which only details for 1st Quarter 2011

Form Name 1st Quarter

Receipts Approvals

I-130 All Other Relative (Pref. Cases) 81,792 50,836

Timeline

ya..u may be right..

WAITING FOR WIFE(LIFE).....STORY OF F2A

PD 23 dec 2010

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.