Om&Abo Malik

obtaining case number

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

i thought i read that there is no case number when filing direct consular, is this correct? My husband can get his medical done this monday but they are asking for a case number and our packet never arrived. Do we have to wait for the packet, since i have found all the forms needed to send in?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every case has a case number.

If it didn't how would they keep track of the case.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What's in the appointment letter ? Case Number might be there.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You would probably get your number on packet 3. Where did you file?

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

I'm surprised you managed to book the medical without a case number. I'd phone your local Embassy and ask for it.

IR-1 Timeline (DCF London)

15th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London.

6th Apr 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.

11th Apr 2011 - Received email approving request.

12th May 2011 - I-130 approved.

2nd June 2011 - Received case number via email. Booked medical.

3rd June 2011 - Sent forms DS-230, DS-2001 & cover letter today.

8th June 2011 - Medical Exam (£273.00 for medical & MMR/Tetanus injection)

11th July 2011 - Visa interview at 8am.

14th July 2011 - Visa in hand.

23rd July 2011 - Uniting my family today in San Antonio <3

11th Aug 2011 - Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

22nd Aug 2011 - Received SSN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

With DCF, every embassy handles things slightly differently. For exmaple in our case, we didn't get a case number till the interview appointment letter.

Since the medical people are asking for one, you probably should have one... look at any paperwork you got from the embassy, it may be at the top sort of with the address.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

With DCF, every embassy handles things slightly differently. For exmaple in our case, we didn't get a case number till the interview appointment letter.

Since the medical people are asking for one, you probably should have one... look at any paperwork you got from the embassy, it may be at the top sort of with the address.

Yeah, thanks everyone. i had my appt on may 10 and my packet 3 never arrived and even after sending out 4 emails only got one response where i was told they would send another packet but so far they haven't. I was just trying to move forward feeling frustrated with the embassy here. i already have all my forms and documents here and was wanting to just send them in.

i am going to call them in the morning and see if they will give me the case number.

i appreciate all the replies

take care and good luck on your journeys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

i thought i read that there is no case number when filing direct consular, is this correct? My husband can get his medical done this monday but they are asking for a case number and our packet never arrived. Do we have to wait for the packet, since i have found all the forms needed to send in?

you must call NVC to get this number or email them

Timeline

you must call NVC to get this number or email them

In correct; DCF cases do not go to the NVC.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

In correct; DCF cases do not go to the NVC.

we called the embassy today and although the message says they don't give out case specific information over the phone the consulate officer gave my husband the case number. We are so unlucky lately, apparantly they sent the packet to dhl and the dhl called us 2 wks ago and said our packet was coming and then sent it back to the embassy without calling. my husband called dhl customer service and was told they couldn't find our address, wow! so now we have to wait another couple weeks for the packet anyways because the consular officer told my husband to wait on the medical till it comes. :(

arghhh!!!

Timeline

Oh no! I am sorry. At least you know what happened now.

mod penguin.jpg

Oh no! I am sorry. At least you know what happened now.

oh congrats on kids i just noticed your timeline. little late i know. i just had a son on may 3 and my first doctor(idiot couldn't read ultrasound) told me i was having twins ewww i was scared to death. alhamdulillah only one and he is a handful too. i tried to post my little cutey on here but it says my pics are too big, darn it! btw i have some irish heritage too :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.