Fandango

Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is this about?

• Right to Privacy
    • Right to Free Speech

159 posts in this topic

You assertion is patently false - LPRs have no vote and hence no representation. Doesn't matter which way they lean. I get the suggestion you make but it's bull so I'm not going to entertain it.

Did everyone see what Mr. Big Dog just did here? He actually made a counterpoint and ceased arguing without resorting to name calling. Some of you could really learn from this fine man!

Who said the Constitution doesn't apply?

The guy with no congressman.

No I do not live in US.

Then I am totally done arguing with you on domestic US policy.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Be done, but continue to defend some mad fvcker for bullshit ideological reasons

1st Amendment rights = bullshit ideological reasons?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

If harassment is involved, the first amendment doesnt apply.

Possibly.

The very issue up for debate here is when that harassment line is crossed. If everyone who disagreed with someone's opinion (or speech) could claim harassment then our right to free speech is gone. "I don't agree with you therefore you can't say what you said." I'm sure that'd go over well around election time. "Take down that billboard because it's harassment."

There's a big difference between threatening someone and saying something bad about someone. Only one of those should be illegal.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Possibly.

The very issue up for debate here is when that harassment line is crossed. If everyone who disagreed with someone's opinion (or speech) could claim harassment then our right to free speech is gone. "I don't agree with you therefore you can't say what you said." I'm sure that'd go over well around election time. "Take down that billboard because it's harassment."

There's a big difference between threatening someone and saying something bad about someone. Only one of those should be illegal.

Only one of those should be illegal - how does that work? Make up blatant lies about someone, smear their character and defame them - that should be legal? :rolleyes:

There's no big ideological point bandwagon to jump on here - its simply one private individual with a beef about another private individual. That's it.

Only one of those should be illegal - how does that work? Make up blatant lies about someone, smear their character and defame them - that should be legal? :rolleyes:

Did that happen in this case?

There's no big ideological point bandwagon to jump on here - its simply one private individual with a beef about another private individual. That's it.

So two private individuals have a beef over some words... why is the court even involved in this?

I can understand if someone made up blatant lies about someone, smeared their character and defamed them then they could be sued for it. That's a far cry from criminal charges of harassment.

Русский форум член.

Not really.

So harassment = disagreement?

Русский форум член.

No... harassment = is a pattern of threatening behaviour.

One billboard that says, "I'm going to kill Nina on Friday" is not a "pattern" of anything. Two billboards, maybe.

Either way, this dude posted ONE billboard that said nothing threatening at all. Nothing.

Again, I have to ask, how is that harassment? Since you've graciously given us a definition, please, using your own definition, establish how this in any way, shape or form can be construed as harassment.

Thanks.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

One billboard that says, "I'm going to kill Nina on Friday" is not a "pattern" of anything. Two billboards, maybe.

Either way, this dude posted ONE billboard that said nothing threatening at all. Nothing.

Again, I have to ask, how is that harassment? Since you've graciously given us a definition, please, using your own definition, establish how this in any way, shape or form can be construed as harassment.

Thanks.

Despite my posting the follow-up story to this, I seem to be the only one of us who actually read that there is more to the story than the "dude" posting "ONE billboard". *sigh*.

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

The difference between merely being an arsehole and commiting harassment is intent. If I printed up a bunch of flyers with Slim's face on it with a warning of his criminal past and posted it all over his neighborhood, that is being an arsehole. Now, If i distorted it and said he was a murderer or a pedo, that would be harassment. See the difference Slim?

Indy.gif