Nemata Musa

What to do after NOA2 arrival...

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

This is a forum for people that just recieve their NOA2 and others that gone through the process to share information on what to do after recieving NOA2..I see lot of people are kinda lost and don't know what to expect or do after they recieve their approval letter. Please share your experience,and give helpful tips..

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA1-Hardcopy recieved March 18th

NOA2 August 12th

Waiting for NVC to assign case number!..

This is a forum for people that just recieve their NOA2 and others that gone through the process to share information on what to do after recieving NOA2..I see lot of people are kinda lost and don't know what to expect or do after they recieve their approval letter. Please share your experience,and give helpful tips..

Thank You for this ... We just checked online and the NOA2 was sent on May 27th but we haven't received it by mail yet. I am very confused about what we have to do next... I found it very easy to complete the I129F because they has instructions to go along with the form, but I can't find much about what forms need to be completed next, which need to be sent and which to take to the interview... Ubber Confused here :o)

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

Filed: Timeline

Ok, so I received the NOA 2 and it was approved! But one thing that confuses me is this, on the letter is says "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. (and above it says Jordan) Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance." Does this mean that the application is already in the US embassy in Jordan, or is it still in the NVC?

Help please and thanks. Also, is it normal to have a "valid through" date on the NOA 2 form?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

After your petition is approved (NOA2), USCIS forwards your petition to NVC, it ALWAYS goes thru NVC but it usually stays there for a few days and then it goes to ur local embassy. If ur petition has been approved, u can call NVC to get ur case number. Note that it usually takes around 2 weeks (from NOA2) for NVC to be able to give u your case #.

you guys should check your Embassy Info, I can't tell u how it works after NVC since its different for every country. :)

Edited by paojack

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Timeline

After your petition is approved (NOA2), USCIS forwards your petition to NVC, it ALWAYS goes thru NVC but it usually stays there for a few days and then it goes to ur local embassy. If ur petition has been approved, u can call NVC to get ur case number. Note that it usually takes around 2 weeks (from NOA2) for NVC to give u your case #.

thanks for sharing Paojack

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA2 August 12th

I suggest reading the guides and flowcharts that VJ provides.

Now that you have your NOA2, it will be sent to the NVC and then forwarded on to the US Consulate in the beneficiary's country.

After that, they will receive Packet 3. Packet 3 is instructions on what to do next. They are fairly consulate specific, so I suggest asking in your country's forum.

Timeline

Now that you have your NOA2, it will be sent to the NVC and then forwarded on to the US Consulate in the beneficiary's country.

After that, they will receive Packet 3. Packet 3 is instructions on what to do next. They are fairly consulate specific, so I suggest asking in your country's forum.

Thanks dear, can you please post the link for the guides and flowchearts that VJ provides..So that people can click on it and get more information.

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA2 August 12th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey!

Just a quick question Coconuts.. after Montreal sends the 4th package, do I call DOS to book interview? Or is there a website? I am getting a head of myself but I was just curious! We received our NOA2 and then it was sent to NVC.. I called DOS and they told me it had been sent to Montreal and they had sent package 3. I'm still waiting for it (it was only last Wednesday) but I am sure it will tell us exactly what to do next. Not to worry!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks dear, can you please post the link for the guides and flowchearts that VJ provides..So that people can click on it and get more information.

Hi there... if you go into "Guides" at the top of this page, it lists the info for each visa type. So just click on Guide, or Flowchart - if you print these it gives you a clear process to follow.

If you go into Embassy Info and link to your specific Embassy in the beneficiary's country.. they will list how this all works from their point of view. You can find out what is needed in Packet 3 and prepare for that and the interview in advance to save time later on. Best of luck for the rest of your journey!

(Forms are all in the Downloads tab and Example Forms show how to complete them..)

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Ok, so I received the NOA 2 and it was approved! But one thing that confuses me is this, on the letter is says "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate. (and above it says Jordan) Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance." Does this mean that the application is already in the US embassy in Jordan, or is it still in the NVC?

Help please and thanks. Also, is it normal to have a "valid through" date on the NOA 2 form?

Basically the USCIS will send your petition to the NVC and depending on the AP, NVC forward it in a week to one month time to the embassy specified on the petition. SO it is wise to call the NVC after a week to know the status of your petition and to receive the case#. Your petition has a validation period of 120 days starting the NOA2 date.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Hey!

Just a quick question Coconuts.. after Montreal sends the 4th package, do I call DOS to book interview? Or is there a website? I am getting a head of myself but I was just curious! We received our NOA2 and then it was sent to NVC.. I called DOS and they told me it had been sent to Montreal and they had sent package 3. I'm still waiting for it (it was only last Wednesday) but I am sure it will tell us exactly what to do next. Not to worry!!!

You do not book your interview through DOS. You book your interview through the CSC website here: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Also, since DOS confirmed that you have been sent Packet 3, you can go ahead and get your paperwork to Montreal instead of waiting for the physical copy of Packet 3. Here is what you will need to send Montreal:

DS-156 – 2 copies https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

DS-156K – 1 copy http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

Form DS-160 – one copy, available online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Confirmation receipt regarding Form DS-160 – one copy, available online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

DS-230 part I and part II – one copy per each applicant, including children

Checklist of documents to gather for the interview – one copy per family is sufficient.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Shock and Awe is how I would describe it!!!!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Can the physical be done after we get number from NVC or do you have to wait for embassy to tell you when to go ?

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Timeline

That means, your original petition was sent DIRECTLY to US embassy in Jordan, it didn't passed through the NVC. If you have any questions regarding your case, don't call the NVC instead call the US embassy in Jordan.

It is just normal to have that "valid through" date. I know someone who went to her interview wherein her NOA2 approval was expired already and then she didn't have any problems at all. :thumbs:

Good luck. And congratz. You'll be okay. :thumbs:

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Timeline

After your petition is approved (NOA2), USCIS forwards your petition to NVC, it ALWAYS goes thru NVC

Wrong. Approved petitions will go through NVC "most of the time, not ALWAYS", but there are some cases wherein it will be sent DIRECTLY to the US embassy where the beneficiary will be interviewed for his/her visa. And that is a good thing if USCIS forward it directly to the consulate. :thumbs:

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.