RyS

Sent DS-230 Needed DS-260

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey all, I did a quick search on the site and couldn't find a topic by anyone else in a similar situation. :help:

I submitted my wife's IV packet last week and got an RFE yesterday (Saturday... weird I know). The RFE stated that for the US consulate in Lima we must submit a DS-260 (I guess there are a handful of consulates requiring the DS-260 right now) and then submit supporting documents afterward.

The problem is, I submitted all of the supporting documents with the DS-230. It took my wife over a month to get the notarizations and official documents together and translated, and quite a bit of money as well. Just wondering, anyone have any experience with this? It seems that NVC could just use the supporting documents I submitted with the DS-230 (which are the same for the 260) and discard the 230 I sent in with the packet. Is this likely? It would really only require that they remove the DS-230 from the binder I sent and discard it, but perhaps NVC does not operate that way? I'd hate to think that our application is delayed a month or two because we submitted a DS-230 instead of a DS-260 and that now we'll have to gather the original documents AGAIN. :crying:

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know. Also, perhaps a note should be added to the LingChe NVC ShortCut that some embassies require the DS-260; anyone know how to go about doing that? :thumbs:

Edited by RyS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did she copy them at all ?

if so - get to a copy shop, scan in all copies, get prepared to send them with the DS-260 thingie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would call and ask if they would hold on to the supporting evidence you sent with the original form. If they don't/haven't/won't, then I would tell your wife to start on the document gathering again, and scan and send the copies of those documents in support of your DS 260. The embassy will ask for the originals/certified copies to be presented at the interview, so there will be time for your wife to replace the documents.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

How do you find out if the consulate you are going to interview with needs that?

Edited by Rosy & Philip

USCIS (155 Days)

12/20/2010 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via USPS Express Mail

12/22/2010 - Delivered (online tracking confirmation)

12/27/2010 - NOA1 Email and Text from USCIS. Off to CA!!

12/30/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received. Priority date is 12/22/2010.

02/16/2011 - Touched

05/26/2011 - NOA2 155 days after NOA1!

05/31/2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. No text or email notification.

NVC (21 Days)

06/10/2011 - NVC Received

06/14/2011 - NVC Case & IIN Numbers Received

06/14/2011 - DS3032 Sent via Email

06/16/2011 - AOS bill generated and paid

06/17/2011 - DS3032 Accepted

06/20/2011 - AOS shows as PAID

06/20/2011 - IV bill generated

06/22/2011 - IV bill paid

06/22/2011 - AOS package sent

06/24/2011 - IV shows as PAID and package sent/AOS package delivered

06/27/2011 - IV package delivered

06/30/2011 - Medical Exam

07/11/2011 - SIF!

07/12/2011 - CASE CLOSED

09/23/2011 - INTERVIEW at 8am

09/23/2001 - APPROVED!!

10/06/2011 - POE at LAX

LIFE AFTER THE FACT

02/23/2012 - OUR SON WAS BORN!

Timeline

Rosy & Philip: According to this NVC page: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html

You MUST use Form DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application, and Form DS-261, Choice of Address and Agent if:

Limited to the following U.S. Embassies and Consulates:

Visa Applicants will be interviewed at:

Any U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Mexico; or

The NVC requested fees and/or documents in October 2010 or later; and

Visa applicants will be interviewed at any U.S. Embassy/Consulate listed below:

Canada - Montreal

Greece - Athens

Jordan - Amman

Iraq - Baghdad

Lima - Peru

While use of the online forms is currently limited to applicants who meet all of the conditions above, these forms will eventually be implemented worldwide and required for all immigrant visa applications.

I called NVC today and was told that I do not need to resubmit the supporting documents. They will just take the supporting documents I submitted with the DS-230 and include them with the newly submitted DS-260.

Someone with the ability should really update the Ling Che Shortcut to reflect the possibility of a DS-260 for future users since the DS-260 will replace the DS-230.

Timeline

RyS - anyone can update the wiki. I know HOW to do it, I'll take a stab at it this week..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

RyS - anyone can update the wiki. I know HOW to do it, I'll take a stab at it this week..

:thumbs:

USCIS

2010-06-28 : I-130 sent

2010-07-01 : NOA1

2011-03-01 : I-130 RFE

2011-03-14 : I-130 RFE sent

2011-03-28 : I-130 Approved

NVC

2011-04-14 : NVC Received

2011-05-07 : Received DS-3032

2011-05-08 : Return completed DS-3032 (email)

2011-05-08 : Pay I-864 Bill

2011-05-11 : Pay IV Bill

2011-05-14 : Sent completed I-864

2011-05-26 : Sent IV package (DS-230 & required documents)

2011-06-09 : Case completed

2011-06-28 : Got interview date by call NVC

2011-06-29 : Got email Interview Date for August 23

Timeline

Hey Darnell, thanks for letting me know. I had taken a cursory glance at the Wiki and could not see where to edit it like I can with Wikipedia, perhaps I need to log in or something. I will try to update it tonight. :)

Timeline

does it show yer editing history, or no ?

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

does it show yer editing history, or no ?

hey all,

am from jordan, so i should fill ds260 form instead of ds230 right,, and my IV paid, and NVC sent me an email that i must use ds260 ,, but its not avaialble... i waited one week and still not avaialble, what i can do .. plz help

USCIS Journey

Jun 27, 2010 Married

Jan 21, 2011 I-130 Sent

Jan 24, 2011 USCIS NOA1

May 24, 2011 I-130 RFE

Jun 08, 2011 I-130 RFE Sent

Jun 16, 2011 I-130 Approved

NVC Journey

Jul 16, 2011 NVC Received

Jul 17, 2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given

Jul 20, 2011 DS-3032 sent

Jul 30, 2011 IV Paid

Aug 02, 2011 IV Shows paid

Aug 05, 2011 AOS paid

Aug 08, 2011 AOS Shows paid

Aug 08, 2011 IV Package sent

Aug 23, 2011 Checklist letter for IV missing papers and AOS

Aug 23, 2011 RFE sent

Aug 24, 2011 AOS Package sent

Sep 07, 2011 Case complete

Oct 07, 2011 NVC send us an email for appointment letter

Oct 07, 2011 Case sent to the embassy

U.S. Embassy

Oct 12, 2011 Embassy recieved

Oct 12, 2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

Oct 20, 2011 Interview (Approved) :D YAAAAAAAAAAY

Oct 24, 2011 visa received

Dec 02, 2011 USA entry :D NEW LIFE

Timeline

Hello Marline and Eyad!

I sent you a PM as well, but just in case you don't see it or something I'll respond here too:

http://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

You should be able to access the DS-260 from there. It's a bit confusing, but the DS-260 will not show up where you paid your IV and AOS fees. The log in I gave you should take you where you need to go! If you need anymore help don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!!!

Edited by RyS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.