7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

In item 11 of the I-134 form it says: "I intend / do not intend to to make SPECIFIC contributions to the support of the person(s)named in item 3. (the person in item 3 is my fiance)

My question is: Do I check "intend" or "do not intend"? (I don't like the word "specific" in this statement.)

I looked at a sample form from this website and the sample does NOT check any of the boxes and instead writes in the lines provided below item 11 "N/A (K1 visa for permanent residence)".

I feel iffy not checking any of the boxes but I also feel iffy about the use of the word "specific" in the statement.

What have others done? I know it's a silly tiny detail but I would feel much better if I knew what others have done in the past!

Thanks in advance!!

• 12.30.2010: I-129F sent
  • 01.05.2011: I-129F received & signed by Cates
  • 01.06.2011: NOA 1
  • 04.25.2011: NOA 2
    ~~~NOA1 to NOA2: 109 days~~~
  • 04.29.2011: NVC received
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.19.2011: Consulate received & signed by Jesus
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)
  • 06.06.2011: Packet 3 mailed to petitioner in CA
  • 06.10.2011: Packet 3 arrived a CA
  • 07.05.2011: Medical
  • 07.06.2011: ASC appointment
  • 07.07.2011: Interview

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I checked intend. Seeing how she is going to be my spouse, I put that was going to contribute to housing, food, insurance, general well being related to marriage.

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I did not check yes on that one because I was not ready to SPECIFY my contributions. I felt the same way about that word as you. I had read a lot of other people using that rational and it ended up being fine. Remember too that the I-134 is not actually required, it's just kind of a way to organize your supporting financial documents.

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

In item 11 of the I-134 form it says: "I intend / do not intend to to make SPECIFIC contributions to the support of the person(s)named in item 3. (the person in item 3 is my fiance)

My question is: Do I check "intend" or "do not intend"? (I don't like the word "specific" in this statement.)

I looked at a sample form from this website and the sample does NOT check any of the boxes and instead writes in the lines provided below item 11 "N/A (K1 visa for permanent residence)".

I feel iffy not checking any of the boxes but I also feel iffy about the use of the word "specific" in the statement.

What have others done? I know it's a silly tiny detail but I would feel much better if I knew what others have done in the past!

Thanks in advance!!

I checked 'Intend' and wrote: K-1 visa process for permanent residence ( provide all expenses as necessary )

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks ALL!!!!!!!

• 12.30.2010: I-129F sent
  • 01.05.2011: I-129F received & signed by Cates
  • 01.06.2011: NOA 1
  • 04.25.2011: NOA 2
    ~~~NOA1 to NOA2: 109 days~~~
  • 04.29.2011: NVC received
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.19.2011: Consulate received & signed by Jesus
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)
  • 06.06.2011: Packet 3 mailed to petitioner in CA
  • 06.10.2011: Packet 3 arrived a CA
  • 07.05.2011: Medical
  • 07.06.2011: ASC appointment
  • 07.07.2011: Interview

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I did not check yes on that one because I was not ready to SPECIFY my contributions. I felt the same way about that word as you. I had read a lot of other people using that rational and it ended up being fine. Remember too that the I-134 is not actually required, it's just kind of a way to organize your supporting financial documents.

Actually the I-134 IS required for Australia and many other embassies.. I was not aware that it was "not required" anywhere so it is best to not make a blanket "it's not required" statement and instead if it's not required for a specific embassy specify that country (I know the OP is from Mexico as are you but this isn't the Mexico sub-forum so random people - like me - will see it and wonder).

---

OP - Tony selected "intend" and wrote words to the effect of "I intend to support Vanessa indefinitely and marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the US".

**Edit - here's the packet instructions for Mexico: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/pk1iv.pdf

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Vanessa&Tony: thank you for catching my mistake. Because I read this in the Mexico subforum I forgot to specify that I was indicating that "it is not required" for Mexico. I am aware that there are different requirements for different countries and because of that I will correct my post and be more specific next time.

The packet instructions only state that "The Affidavit of Support I-864 is not required." It actually doesn't mention anything at all about I-134. Other VJ members have mentioned using one or the other interchangeably as a way of presenting the evidence of economic solvency, although neither form are required by Mexico.

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.