neonmikey

I Hate to sound so pathetic

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I know this sounds pathetic and pitiful,but ever since i returned from seeing her last june i've been a complete mess, i cant sleep,i cant eat,i cant concentrate on my work,its gotten a little better in the last couple of weeks..but its day by day...one minute im crying because i miss her so much...and the next im happy thinking of what it will be like when shes finally here..ive always been a survivor..street smart..strong my whole life, but this is bringing me to my knees..i feel like im turning into a basket case..this is how i feel on the inside..but by the looks of me you would never know theres anything wrong. does anyone else feel this way?

Everyone knows how you feel, because we have all been through it ( and are still going through it in some cases). The hardest part for me is right after I have been to Holland or he has been here.

I am going to pass on something my friend told me when I was having a mini-meltdown waiting for the NOA2 " don't concentrate on the here and now-look at the BIG picture and concentrate on what is to be".

You cannot let this take you over like it is. You have to eat and sleep and take care of yourself, if for no other reason than to be able to take care of your fiance when she gets here-she will need your help in aclimatising and adjusting to American life and dealing with the enevitable bouts of homesickness-she is going need you to be strong ( not semi-starved, sleep deprived) and to show her you do not " buckle under pressure/stress".. What good are you going to be if you wreck your health now?

She needs you to be strong! Surely she is having a hard time missing you too. One of you has to be grounded, and if it's always her....well, you see where I am going...

However;I know exactly how you feel and sometimes it's Mark's strength and ability to cope that pulls me through and subsequently me for him.

I am sorry if this post does not sound sympathetic, but it is written with the best of intentions.

Cotton-balling you and telling you it's OK to not eat/sleep/function and that that behaviour is normal/healthy would not be honest or helpful.

Honestly I do empathize, I really do. Your job is to do your part to make this LDR work and do your part to keep it and yourself together!

Get busy with something! :thumbs:

Best wishes

tmma

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I know this sounds pathetic and pitiful,but ever since i returned from seeing her last june i've been a complete mess, i cant sleep,i cant eat,i cant concentrate on my work,its gotten a little better in the last couple of weeks..but its day by day...one minute im crying because i miss her so much...and the next im happy thinking of what it will be like when shes finally here..ive always been a survivor..street smart..strong my whole life, but this is bringing me to my knees..i feel like im turning into a basket case..this is how i feel on the inside..but by the looks of me you would never know theres anything wrong. does anyone else feel this way?

You are in love, lust, it's intense, if you are used to be strong and deal less with emotional life, it happens of course and with the distance it's not easy; but it's experiencing a different way of loving at this distance. Just let yourself go to admit you are in love and....enjoy the feeling to it's fulest. In which world are we living to think love is "pathetic" , no way! so do not resist lol...you are the master of your inner world! :star::D

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are you going to do when faced with a real problem?

thx for your reply fyi im a desert storm vet,i've faced many problems,many hardships and intense physical pain,and would expierience it all again without hesitation if it meant not feeling the way i do now.but i thank you again for your heart felt answer

july 2004 met online first time through a good friend

april 2006 reintroduced

may 2006 things start heating up

june 2006 fly to manila to meet her and propose

july filed 129f

aug 11 received csc

aug 17 noa1

oct 24 approved

oct 30 noa2 rec

nov13 recd nvc

nov21 lft nvc

nov24 recvd manila

feb 15 med exam

feb 22 interview

feb 22 approved

---------------------------------------------------------

Timeline

on my post I meant to type **fiancee*...ooops...typo-sorry :blush: i am so used to writing "my fiance" meaning Mark, I forget to add the "e" to other people and their lady fiancees...dur :huh:

Too late to edit :angry:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Timeline

thx for your reply fyi im a desert storm vet,i've faced many problems,many hardships and intense physical pain,and would expierience it all again without hesitation if it meant not feeling the way i do now.but i thank you again for your heart felt answer

:lol: He can be a #### sometimes but he's harmless. ;)

Hopefully your immigration process will go by quickly. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, but still. I know that the first week after leaving my hubby was always the hardest, but after that it got easier. Then again, we saw each other every two months, so it wasn't TOO too bad.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Sincerely, thank you for your service to our country.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

Jen

I just noticed that-I second it also. Hope you didn't think I was being mean with my post ( you can obviously handle pressure/stress)...I was just giving you an honest heartfelt reply. I go through times like that too, and sometimes it takes more than conversation that's cotton-balled to get it all in perspective, if you know what I mean

-HANG ON IN THERE! :thumbs:

Hoping for a speedy visa process for you both! :D

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey another one! garry owen! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Jen

I just noticed that-I second it also. Hope you didn't think I was being mean with my post ( you can obviously handle pressure/stress)...I was just giving you an honest heartfelt reply. I go through times like that too, and sometimes it takes more than conversation that's cotton-balled to get it all in perspective, if you know what I mean

-HANG ON IN THERE! :thumbs:

Hoping for a speedy visa process for you both! :D

thx for the support...its not easy coming to terms with ones weakness,in my case its just lovesickness..i know this..i really debated on putting out out there..but im glad i did,it was a release,most of the responses are positive and much appreciated.

july 2004 met online first time through a good friend

april 2006 reintroduced

may 2006 things start heating up

june 2006 fly to manila to meet her and propose

july filed 129f

aug 11 received csc

aug 17 noa1

oct 24 approved

oct 30 noa2 rec

nov13 recd nvc

nov21 lft nvc

nov24 recvd manila

feb 15 med exam

feb 22 interview

feb 22 approved

---------------------------------------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My respectful salute to you warrior! (F)

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Totally in the same boat. I'm currently on my 6th day without my baby. I'm on the same emotional roller coaster too my friend. I echo the sentiments of some others, I found that I felt much better thinking of our next meeting at the airport gate, rather than dwelling on the last one. Of course, I admit that this is sometimes impossible to do but it does help me, hopefully it will help you too.

Thank you for your service to our country.

3/30/07 - Mailed I-129F

4/17/07 - NOA1

4/25/07 - Check Cashed

8/3/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/6/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/12/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/13/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/14/07 - NOA2 (via phone call 8/17)

8/15/07 - Touched

8/20/07 - Received NOA2 hardcopy

8/27/07 - Touched (due to phone call)

8/28/07 - Sent to NVC

8/31/07 - NVC Received

9/5/07 - NVC sent to Consulate

9/12/07 - Consulate Received

9/19/07 - Consulate mailed Packet 3

10/01/07 - Packet 3 Received

10/16/07 - Medical Appointment

10/18/07 - Interview - Approved! Waiting on Name Check

10/22/07 - Visa Received

Timeline

Dude you are not alone there. I am feeling the same way you are feeling. It sucks. I feel hopeless, it's been so long and we haven't gotten an approval yet. I am going to visit her next month, I hope to not get crazy when I come back here. I am a little freak out...I might not want to come back here when its time for me to leave Philippines. :(

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Timeline
. . . does anyone else feel this way?

Yes. Not to tears. Yet. But I come close sometimes. I will admit to tears the last time I left her in Phils because I knew it would be months before I would kiss those lips again. And I know she cries herself to sleep on occasion. October 1st will be one year since we met, and nothing has been the same since. Everything is affected . . . including my work, where I spend all of my time now multi-tasking between thinking about what I get paid to think about, and thinking about what I love to think about - her. And I think there is no cure, though the symptoms will lesson when she's finally here. Hang in there, and look at the positive . . . you are one of the very few truly blessed people in the world that loves someone so much it hurts to be apart.

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

I know how you feel. In one respect I react opposite from you, I eat like a pig and have put 40 LB's on since this started. To tell you the truth I have a really hard time handling it. That's why I go back every 6 months or so. Because of the annulment Luz had to get this process has been going on for us about 2 1/2 years now. When we are together it's so good. When I have to leave it's SO BAD! But we are dealing with it as best we can. Just remember this, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I notice that a lot of those expressing similar reactions have filipina fiance's. It must be the fact that they are so sweet and loving that makes it hard to be away!!