웃

Barack Obama's decision to play golf on Memorial Day was disrespectful and hardly presidential

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Can we all just agree that it really doesn't matter a first bit what Obama does? It will always be the wrong thing to do. He gets blasted for visiting Alabama too soon after tornadoes dealt major damage to the state. Then, just a couple weeks later, he also gets blasted for not vitising Missouri soon enough after tornadoes ravaged through that state. So, whatever he does, it's wrong. There's no cure for ODS.

People who judge others need a dose of their own medicine. Why is it so important to control what others do? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

And you thought the same of Bush critics who didn't like the way Bush was handling himself? IMO there is no problem with people voicing how they feel about how the President of the United States handles himself.

Can we all just agree that it really doesn't matter a first bit what Obama does? It will always be the wrong thing to do. He gets blasted for visiting Alabama too soon after tornadoes dealt major damage to the state. Then, just a couple weeks later, he also gets blasted for not vitising Missouri soon enough after tornadoes ravaged through that state. So, whatever he does, it's wrong. There's no cure for ODS.

I agree but this is different.

The sentence is prefaced with an interrogative word so the rules of grammar require a question mark at the end.

Rhetorical questions -- for which an answer is not really expected or for which the answer is self-evident -- may end with a question mark:

-- How else should we end them, after all?

But in some contexts an exclamation point is more appropriate:

-- How can I ever thank you enough!

http://www.writers.com/tips_punctuation.html

I agree but this is different.

How so? Who cried out when GHWB sent Quayle to Arlington while he spent Memorial Day at Kennebunkport? Or when GWB sent Cheney to Arlington as he was spending Memorial Day at his Texas Ranch? Or when Reagan sent a Deputy Defense Secretary to Arlington while he was meeting with foreign leaders that day? Come on. This isn't a first and it won't be a last. And it's no different.

And you thought the same of Bush critics who didn't like the way Bush was handling himself?

This may come as a surprise to you, but I paid no attention to what Bush critics were saying.

Rhetorical questions -- for which an answer is not really expected or for which the answer is self-evident -- may end with a question mark:

-- How else should we end them, after all?

But in some contexts an exclamation point is more appropriate:

-- How can I ever thank you enough!

Speaking of control..... I find it funny that you're trying to control how I write. :lol:

iagree.gif

Obama played golf on Memorial Day vs Bush invaded Iraq.

hmmm this one seems to be a no brainer imo.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

People who judge others need a dose of their own medicine. Why is it so important to control what others do? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

i'll get right to pondering that after i install this low flow toilet and these fluorescent bulbs.

:hehe:

bush invaded iraq on memorial day? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This may come as a surprise to you, but I paid no attention to what Bush critics were saying.

Speaking of control..... I find it funny that you're trying to control how I write. :lol:

It seems more important than whether Obama chased a ball around last Monday. :P

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's amazing how people look for comparative meaning in the pettiest, most thoroughly ludicrous contexts.

Bush + Golf = A / Obama + Golf = B. OMG!!! Media bias!

Honestly... it's whacked.

How so? Who cried out when GHWB sent Quayle to Arlington while he spent Memorial Day at Kennebunkport? Or when GWB sent Cheney to Arlington as he was spending Memorial Day at his Texas Ranch? Or when Reagan sent a Deputy Defense Secretary to Arlington while he was meeting with foreign leaders that day? Come on. This isn't a first and it won't be a last. And it's no different.

Criticizing every little move on how a president handles a crisis is different than criticizing him on how he decides to spend memorial day. I don't discriminate, this isn't just a Obama thing.

Were you in a coma for 8 years! A rhetorical question of course. It must of been very hard to ignore the constant criticism over every little thing he did for those 8 years.

It's amazing how people look for comparative meaning in the pettiest, most thoroughly ludicrous contexts.

Bush + Golf = A / Obama + Golf = B. OMG!!! Media bias!

Honestly... it's whacked.

Yeah...that wasn't the point. Maybe you should go back read the posts again.

Were you in a coma for 8 years! A rhetorical question of course. It must of been very hard to ignore the constant criticism over every little thing he did for those 8 years.

Politics isn't something which holds my interest. I do have an opinion of him, of course, but that's not based on paying attention to criticism.

iagree.gif