UmmSqueakster

oldies but goodies?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So AbuS saw me on VJ recently and was like, you still read that?? Oh wait, are we the longest married MENA couple?

Anyone here from 05 and before? Still hacking it through day by day and surviving?

AbuS and UmmS still married, going on 5 and 3/4 years here in the US (I feel like I'm 5 and have to specify how many months it is until my next birthday, cuz gosh darn it, every little bit is important!). Still residing in the Twin Cities. Still no kids. Still cat parents to the fabulous feline Squeaky.

59e92765-418e-4520-af0e-69b135f19451.jpg

AbuS frequently talks about going back to Egypt, forming a political party, and running for president. I'd just like to make it through the end of the year. I have several trials coming up, and it looks like I'll be working crazy long hours until January. Which means, alas, no hajj for us next year. But inshaAllah next year :luv:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wom is around, i've seen her this week in p&r.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I'm still hanging around some. Hachemi is about to take his oath for Naturalization on June 23rd. It will be so nice that we will be done with USCIS. My husband and I will celebrate 5 very happy years of marriage this September.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Umm S :luv:

Another graduate of the MENA Class of '05 here...hard to believe more than 5 and a half years have already passed since Mahmoud arrived in the U.S. We will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary this year. Life is sweet!

Gratz to all the MENA Survivors !

(F)

- MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I love hearing about successful marriages! I know Adam & I havent been married as long as those in this topic has, but we are less than 2 months away from our 5th anniversary and going on 6yrs together.

He's about to apply for citizenship whenever we get a free moment away from work. We still have no kids but we are currently working on that and hoping it will happen this year or next. He's such a hard worker & I'm so proud of him. We still go out on dates, he still comes up with the sweetest things to say to me that make me smile, he's the love of my life!

His newest cutest cheesy line to me this week was this.... "When GOD made you, He made you with everything except this one thing... my cell phone number!" Totally caught me off guard but we both started cracking up laughing! He's a doll!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Pressed reply too soon....

We're too still living in the twin cities. We met and married in the US in late 2002. We'll be celebrating our 9th anniversary in August. We know have two boys and I sometimes can't believe how long we've been together. We've dedicated a huge chunk of our lives so far to eachother and I hope and pray for many more happy years.

Immigration has consumed our lives for the majority of our relationship and the last two years, with green card finally in hand, have been wonderful. He will be eligible for citizenship shortly before our tenth anniversary. I'm planning to fly in my family for his oath ceremony as a surprise since they were such a huge support during our immigration struggles.

Oh, and the only person I can think of who has been married longer is Allousa. I haven't seen her around in a long time though.

event.png

Timeline

*waves*

Now I have Destinys Child Survivors running through my head.

I'm a survivor (what),

I'm not gonna give up (what),

I'm not gon' stop (what),

I'm gonna work harder (what),

I'm a survivor (what),

I'm gonna make it (what),

I will survive (what),

Keep on survivin' (what),

I'm a survivor (what),

I'm not gonna give up (what),

I'm not gon' stop (what),

I'm gonna work harder (what),

I'm a survivor (what),

I'm gonna make it (what),

I will survive (what),

Keep on survivin' (what).

:dance:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

I peek in here from time to time and am happy to see some old names pop up. I was never a particularly active VJ member only because our case was so different from most here, but I have been hanging out in the background since 2005. We have now been together for 9 years, married for 7. We are through all the immigration hoops at last, with his US passport in hand last year. Like momof(2!) immigration took up a lot of our early years, but we are very happy, together, and raising a wonderful daughter. I love seeing the long-termers. May there be many more!

Timeline

I peek in here from time to time and am happy to see some old names pop up. I was never a particularly active VJ member only because our case was so different from most here, but I have been hanging out in the background since 2005. We have now been together for 9 years, married for 7. We are through all the immigration hoops at last, with his US passport in hand last year. Like momof(2!) immigration took up a lot of our early years, but we are very happy, together, and raising a wonderful daughter. I love seeing the long-termers. May there be many more!

event.png

Timeline

Jpaula: I don't think I ever told you how thankful I was when I found you. I was literally falling apart, distraught about my husband's deportation, and I felt as if no one understood. I frantically searched for anyone who had been through something similar...and ther you were. You gave me hope when no one else could. You made me feel as though everything would be okay, and it was. Thank you so much for returning a msg to a random internet stranger in need. I am so happy that you are well, and I wish for you many more hsppy yrs together.

event.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's been FORRRREEVVVAAHHHHHH since I've been here at VJ! I decided to poke my head over hear since I got to thinking about VJ and saw this thread.

Hicham and I are in the "class of '05", so to speak. Hicham and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary just this February. He has filed for citizenship and we are waiting to go through that last step. *sigh* I just can't believe it.

Our little boy is 5 years old now. Time goes by so quickly.

So glad to see WoM on here! *waves* You were such a great comfort to me many times. Glad to see you doing well.

Also, jpaula! *big wave* You REALLY helped with the whole I-212 process and going through Rome and all that #######. So glad to see that you are doing well too.

I've kept in touch with a few people that went through at the same time and I think they will remain life long friends.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.