David and Ariana

8 yr old step son - application to come to US

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats, David and Ariana!

Happy for you!God bless!

Like I said earlier, I have been learning from your exchanges with Jim and Darnel..and in my specific case, from Bob 4Ana.

Have a good weekend!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow - very cool ! I'm so happy for you guys.

Tis the best news I've had all weekend, really !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ariana showed up Friday as scheduled - but no Visa. They said come back tomorrow. Yesterday morning - went back to the consulate and got the Visa. SUCCESS!

Thanks entirely to the help I've received here, my wife and stepson will return to America in two weeks!! I don't know how to thank Jim and Darnel- but know you made a real difference in 4 people's lives.

I'll post a family picture in a few weeks when they are back. Other than that, I guess this story is over. I hope others who have read or will read this have gotten some assistance from it. My lesson - if you need special attention, and have good reason, don't be afraid to ask. Write your case succinctly and email the appropriate office - don't wait for the normal wheels to turn, if there is good reason to ask them to jump through hoops.

Thanks everybody!

Great news! The fat lady is singing up a storm! :dance:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello David and Ariana and ALL,

My wife has been here now for 3 months, and came here on a K-1. Her 12 year son stayed behind for the same reasons as David and Ariana described. Our plan is to get him here in her 1st year. My wife was told this at here interview in GUZ. Darnell / Jim, I will follow your advise and push forward to submit the online form, and get all rolling. We are 1 month into here AOS, so I hope all goes well with the K2 follow to join' application. If anyone has more details, more advise on this -- please advise! VJ is a great source and has helped me better than my Attorney did during our K1 ...

Thank you all for this post - great help! Felt a bit lost until JimVaPhuong emailed me of this post! Thank you so much!!!

Brent and LiLi

Timeline

Hello David and Ariana and ALL,

My wife has been here now for 3 months, and came here on a K-1. Her 12 year son stayed behind for the same reasons as David and Ariana described. Our plan is to get him here in her 1st year. My wife was told this at here interview in GUZ. Darnell / Jim, I will follow your advise and push forward to submit the online form, and get all rolling. We are 1 month into here AOS, so I hope all goes well with the K2 follow to join' application. If anyone has more details, more advise on this -- please advise! VJ is a great source and has helped me better than my Attorney did during our K1 ...

Thank you all for this post - great help! Felt a bit lost until JimVaPhuong emailed me of this post! Thank you so much!!!

Brent and LiLi

Happy to help! :thumbs:

BTW, if David reads this I'd just like to remind him that he promised us a family photo earlier in this thread... :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

OK Jim, added the family photo on my profile Its actually been difficult to get a good one - things have been such a wirlwind and we always seem to forget about it when we have all the family together, have a camara and someone to take a photo!

Family is doing well - Justin is overjoyed to have a Daddy (especially one with a pool, Xbox and Wii!) and a big Sister, my daughter is having fun with her new brother. School starts next week which will be tough, but he has some rudimentary english down and I am sure will learn fast. Have started on the adjustment of status.

Abu and Li Li - my first revelation in the whole process was that there WAS NO specialy process for a K-2 - its just the K-1 extended. Good luck - good you have plenty of time (though I think our particular level of urgency probably played in our favor to some extent).

Photo didn't show, so here it is.

David and Ariana (Na)

02/2009 Met Online

04/2009 Met in person

07/14/2009 Engagement Party in China

08/2009 Submitted I-129F for K1 Visa

11/2009 UCIS approval sent to NVC

12/2009 Sent to Guanghzou

01/2010 K-1 packet sent to fiancee - but because address was undeliverable, did not receive into March

03/2010 Received K-1 packet

04/2010 Returned Packet (took time to get Birth Certificate)

05/2010 Notified of appt. for July 14th - totally coincidentally on 1 yr anniversary of engagement

07/14/2010 Interview in Guangzhou, K-2 Visa Granted.

07/19/2010 Na came to America. Son stayed with Grandmother, stay in school while Na adjusted

and improved English

09/14/2010 Married

11/2010 Applied for Adjustment of Status I-485

Also recieved bad Legal advice - saying could not apply for K-2 for 8 yr old son

because we were married. Dejected, submitted I-130 for son

03/03/2011 New Years Day - Interview in SFO. Green Card granted.

06/2011 Learned through VisaJourney that K-2 still possible for son - but only until July 14rh

06/08/2011 Emailed Guangzhou requesting reopening of K-1/K-2 file

06/09/2011 Recieved immediate reply giving appt of June 27th. Na flew to China immediately

06/27/2011 Interview - Visa not granted RFE birthfather approval

06/28/2011 Emailed Guangzhou asking for urgent appt to submit birthfather approval

06/30/2011 Recieved response giving appt for Jul 6th

Timeline

Family Photo

post-107773-0-50720600-1314279379_thumb.jpg

David and Ariana (Na)

02/2009 Met Online

04/2009 Met in person

01/2010 K-1 packet sent to fiancee - but because address was undeliverable, did not receive into March

05/2010 Notified of appt. for July 14th - totally coincidentally on 1 yr anniversary of engagement

07/19/2010 Na came to America. Son stayed with Grandmother, stay in school while Na adjusted

and improved English

09/14/2010 Married

Also recieved bad Legal advice - saying could not apply for K-2 for 8 yr old son

06/2011 Learned through VisaJourney that K-2 still possible for son - but only until July 14rh

06/09/2011 Recieved immediate reply giving appt of June 27th. Na flew to China immediately

06/28/2011 Emailed Guangzhou asking for urgent appt to submit birthfather approval

Timeline

Family Photo

You guys look great! :thumbs:

Now buy a PS3 and the family will be complete... :whistle:

Timeline

You guys look great! :thumbs:

Now buy a PS3 and the family will be complete... :whistle:

No - not complete until we get an ipad too! I do like my toys....

David and Ariana (Na)

02/2009 Met Online

04/2009 Met in person

and improved English

09/14/2010 Married

Timeline

No - not complete until we get an ipad too! I do like my toys....

Meh. Apple makes great products, but I won't buy them. I met Steve Jobs way back when the Apple II was their best selling product, and Mac's were little monochrome screen cubes. I've also known a few people who've worked for him. He was a jerk when I met him, and the people who worked for him confirmed that he's a tyrant. They'd be working in the office at 3am trying to get a project finished and he'd come in and scream at them at the top of his lungs. :wacko:

Steve Wozniak, on the other hand - really great guy! :thumbs:

Timeline

I heard a news story about Jobs that said much the same thing. Oddly enough though, his employees both say he is a jerk, but at the same time give him the third highest approval rating of CEOs in America (95%) on a website www.glassdoor.com that lets people rate companies. Anyway, I resisted Apple for many years as well, but eventually the pull to the dark side was too great (I say dark side because I've never liked the business model that is based on such strong proprietary protection - lack of open source). But Apple products are just too good....

David and Ariana (Na)

02/2009 Met Online

04/2009 Met in person

and improved English

09/14/2010 Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tis a different life, yes? Ah - the pain and torture to enrolled the child in school !!!

Much less pain, yes? Than that K-2 FTJ case.. Whoop !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.