15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I need help!!!! I dont know what to do.

My bf proposed me last year and after evaluating our options we decided to apply for a K1 Visa. We have been waiting for the NOA2 ever since. Last month we began to have sever problems in the relatioship when i found that he has been dating other girl while waiting for our visa, i confronted him and he was very agressive but at the end he admited it and we ended up breaking up the relationship. I have been so heart broken and i dont think i can marry someone i cant trust. He refuses to cancel the petition because he says that if he does he will lose me forever.

I was told by our lawyer that filed our case he is the only one that can cancel the petition.

I dont know if that is true or not or what are my options. I just want to get back to my normal life but i am worry because i dont want this situation to affect my status. I have always have turist visa. I visit the country at least 3 times a yr. I had a student visa in the past. My current job requires me to travel to the states once on a while and my boss has been helping out on that matter, but i want to solve this asap.

Any advice?????

Sorry for the typos. English is my 2nd language.

My bf proposed me last year and after evaluating our options we decided to apply for a K1 Visa. We have been waiting for the NOA2 ever since. Last month we began to have sever problems in the relatioship when i found that he has been dating other girl while waiting for our visa, i confronted him and he was very agressive but at the end he admited it and we ended up breaking up the relationship. I have been so heart broken and i dont think i can marry someone i cant trust. He refuses to cancel the petition because he says that if he does he will lose me forever.

I was told by our lawyer that filed our case he is the only one that can cancel the petition.

I dont know if that is true or not or what are my options. I just want to get back to my normal life but i am worry because i dont want this situation to affect my status. I have always have turist visa. I visit the country at least 3 times a yr. I had a student visa in the past. My current job requires me to travel to the states once on a while and my boss has been helping out on that matter, but i want to solve this asap.

Any advice?????

If you get any paperwork from the US embassy asking you to fill out paperwork for visa, obtain certain documents or do a medical exam, mail it back to the embassy with explanation that you're not proceeding with K-1 visa due to infidelity of the petitioner. Problem solved.

Should not affect your existing tourist visa.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I would imagine you could also send a signed letter to the service center that is processing your visa and tell them you no longer intend to marry your fiance. I would think that would alert them to stop the petition process as well.

Aidan and Merlin

03-12-2010 Day we met smile.png
01-03-2011 Day we got engaged heart.gif

05-10-2011 Mailed I-129F to TSC LockBox
05-11-2011 TSC LockBox received I-129F, signed by by J.CATES
05-13-2011 Email notification NOA1 received, transferred to VSC
05-16-2011 Hard copy NOA1 received
05-16-2011 Touched
08-30-2011 Email notification NAO2 received
09-02-2011 Received by NVC
09-06-2011 NVC sent documents to the Embassy in Prague
10-05-2011 Interview date
10-05-2011 Visa received
10-29-2011 POE Tampa
smile.png

10-31-2011 WE ARE MARRIED!!!! heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif
11-02-2011 AOS/EAD/AP application mailed to VSC
11-07-2011 Received NOA1
11-28-2011 Bio appointment and AOS transfer to CSC
12-05-2011 AOS touched
01-03-2012 EAD/AP card production ordered
01-11-2012 EAD/AP combo card received
03-01-2012 Permanent Resident card production ordered
03-07-2012 Permanent Resident card received
smile.png

12-03-2013 Lifting Conditions application mailed to VSC

12-05-2013 Packet delivered, signed for by T.CIOPPA

12-06-2013 Date on NOA1

12-10-2013 Check cashed

12-11-2013 NOA1 received in mail

12-14-2013 Received biometrics appointment in the mail

01-06-2014 Biometrics date

05-30-2014 Permanent Resident card production ordered

06-11-2014 Permanent Resident card received smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

yeah i agree...if you dont wanna marry him just dont sign any documents and the petition will disappear. sorry for your heartbrokeness (not a word i know) it sucks i know. Good luck in life. ciao

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

There is a petition stage and a visa application stage. The USC petitions the US government to allow the beneficiary to apply for a visa. That part does have to be rescinded/cancelled by the USC. At the visa application stage USCIS starts corresponding with you and not him. That is when you can retract the application and close it. Ignoring it (as someone suggested) will cause it to remain in limbo and it will come back to bite you at at some point, depending upon where you are a citizen of.

I am going to move your thread from K-1 Progress over to the Effects of Major Changes forum as you'll receive the best information over there. All the best.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There is a petition stage and a visa application stage. The USC petitions the US government to allow the beneficiary to apply for a visa. That part does have to be rescinded/cancelled by the USC. At the visa application stage USCIS starts corresponding with you and not him. That is when you can retract the application and close it. Ignoring it (as someone suggested) will cause it to remain in limbo and it will come back to bite you at at some point, depending upon where you are a citizen of.

I am going to move your thread from K-1 Progress over to the Effects of Major Changes forum as you'll receive the best information over there. All the best.

Just a small correction. It will be a Consular Immigrant Visa Unit abroad that starts corresponding with the foreign fiancee, not USCIS. Informing the visa unit you will not be applying for a visa, is what will avoid any problems with your ability to continue to use your current visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would imagine you could also send a signed letter to the service center that is processing your visa and tell them you no longer intend to marry your fiance. I would think that would alert them to stop the petition process as well.

I was going to say the exact same thing. I am so sorry for your heartache. :( I hope things turn around for you soon.

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

Timeline

I was going to say the exact same thing. I am so sorry for your heartache. :( I hope things turn around for you soon.

It certainly wouldn't hurt anything to write a letter to the service center, using the case number and letting them know you no longer intend to marry the petitioner. Generally, you would have provided a letter of intent. Notifying them of a reversal in your intent, might prevent the petition being approved. I've never seen it tried.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It certainly wouldn't hurt anything to write a letter to the service center, using the case number and letting them know you no longer intend to marry the petitioner. Generally, you would have provided a letter of intent. Notifying them of a reversal in your intent, might prevent the petition being approved. I've never seen it tried.

I think this is sound. A letter of intent is mandatory for approval. So this should stop it, and it puts you in the driver's seat instead of waiting around and letting it die eventually.

Timeline

I think this is sound. A letter of intent is mandatory for approval. So this should stop it, and it puts you in the driver's seat instead of waiting around and letting it die eventually.

Maybe. I've seen plenty of I-129F cases approved without letters of intent but never seen one approved with a letter reversing that intent in the file. Probably because I haven't seen it tried.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Any advice?????

If i know, only petitioner can cancel the k1 visa...How did i know? it happen to me for my first fiance...thats our lawyer told me, and im happy after i talked to my fiance he talk our lawyer for k1 cancellation. thank you.

Thank you for the responses. So, if i understand right i need to wait for now until we get the NOA2, then i can go ahead and submit a letter to cancel the petition right?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Timeline

Thank you for the responses. So, if i understand right i need to wait for now until we get the NOA2, then i can go ahead and submit a letter to cancel the petition right?

Thanks a lot for your help!

No, you cannot cancel the petition. Only the petitioner can do that. You may be able to prevent the petition from being approved but if not, you can stop the visa process by no applying for a visa. The petition approval is only good for 4 months. If during that time, you notify the Consulate you will not apply for a visa, the petition approval will expire and your notification will be part of that record.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

No, you cannot cancel the petition. Only the petitioner can do that. You may be able to prevent the petition from being approved but if not, you can stop the visa process by no applying for a visa. The petition approval is only good for 4 months. If during that time, you notify the Consulate you will not apply for a visa, the petition approval will expire and your notification will be part of that record.

Thank you for all of your help!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.