SuPrincessa

If the worst happens....

25 posts in this topic

Ok.. I have a question not that I don't trust and love my fiance.. I just want to be prepared for anything and

everything... Once my fiance has his green card, what would happen if he decides to leave me???? Could I file for his green card to be taken away since he is no longer with me?????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

No, you could not.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

The greencard is only temporary and status has to be adjusted in due time with you and him. You can compile your evidence of his fraudulent intentions, report this to USCIS and ICE, etc. This does not necessarily prevent him from staying in the US but can impact his chances to adjust Status or marry someone new later on.

oh I didnt realize that status had to be adjusted.. So I guess in other words then I am able to do something about it at least.... another question then would be what type of evidence could u have if the person just decided to walk out on you or found another woman???

Ok.. I have a question not that I don't trust and love my fiance.. I just want to be prepared for anything and

everything... Once my fiance has his green card, what would happen if he decides to leave me???? Could I file for his green card to be taken away since he is no longer with me?????????

First off, once the visa is approved, you guys need to get married. You have 90 days from the time he enters the US to do that. If you guys decide not to get married, he goes back to the DR. If you do get married, then once that is done, you have to adjust status. When all of that is done, he will receive a 2-year conditional residency (green card.) It's conditional because you guys have been married less than 2 years. Ninety (90) days before the expiration of the conditional residency, you need to apply for removal of conditions.

You can find the details to each step on the guides section in VJ.

However, once he has a green card, you can't hold it for ransom or take it away from him. If you are having insecure thoughts, then don't go through the process.

oh I didnt realize that status had to be adjusted.. So I guess in other words then I am able to do something about it at least.... another question then would be what type of evidence could u have if the person just decided to walk out on you or found another woman???

Then you report that to USCIS for visa fraud.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

SuPrincessa dont worry your govt has installed precautions against such things. Only a sociopath would endure 3 years of waiting just to con you. You can tell when someone has true intentions or not. pay attention to the words that they say and their actions. Good luck

3/20/2011: Preparing Documents for I-129f Forms

4/15/2011: Received Signed Cover Letter & G325A Form

From the Misses

5/11/2011: I-129f forms mailed to USCIS lockbox (^_^)b

5/13/2011: Documents delivered to USCIS lockbox via USPS (^_^)

5/17/2011: NOA1 supposed email/text but forgot to include G 1145 Form =(

5/18/2011: Check Cashed by USCIS (YAY!!!)

5/18/2011: USCIS mails NOA1

5/23/2011: Received HARD COPY OF NOA1 d(^_^)b

********The Long wait begins*********

9/11/2011: 120 Day marker

9/13/2011 @ 11:30am GMT+3: Our Son is born. (^_^)

10/18/2011: 157 days later Receive Confirmation Email that we received NOA2 (^_^)b

10/27/2011: NVC Sent Case to US embassy in Moscow.

11/02/2011: NVC Received case in US Embassy in Moscow.

11/5/2011: Received NOA2 Hard Copy from VSC

11/11/2011: Our son receives his first Passport (Russian)

12/28/2011: CRBA Interview in Moscow @ 2pm (***APPROVED***)

12/29/2011: K-1 Interview in Moscow @ 8am (***APPROVED***)

1/13/2011: Sasha receives his CRBA Certificate and US Passport and is now a Dual Citizen (WAY TO GO SON!!!)

1/23/2011: Visa is Officially in Hand. Let the preparations begin.

3/30/2012: POE John F. Kennedy Airport New York (I CANT WAIT!!!!)

6/1/2012: Proposed and She said yes!!!

6/7/2012: Finally Married in Annapolis - Mr & Mrs. Temidayo (^_^)b

**********AOS PREPARATIONS***************************

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Princessa no pienses en eso...Dios tiene el control de todo...

This is not a regional forum.. English only please... :thumbs:

SuPrincessa dont worry your govt has installed precautions against such things. Only a sociopath would endure 3 years of waiting just to con you. You can tell when someone has true intentions or not. pay attention to the words that they say and their actions. Good luck

This happens all of the time.. If people are from a very poor country, they think little of spending 3 years with someone to be able to bring the rest of the family to the US for a better life... Visa Fraud is more common than you may think.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

This happens all of the time.. If people are from a very poor country, they think little of spending 3 years with someone to be able to bring the rest of the family to the US for a better life... Visa Fraud is more common than you may think.

Exactly! I know a woman that waited 5 years before she brought her husband here and he changed AFTER he got to the US. She said neither she nor any of her family/friends who knew him ever suspected a thing because he never showed signs of being a fraud. I agree that sometimes it's obvious (even though the petitioner doesn't want to see it because they're in love), but other times people can be pretty good actors and exercise a great deal of patience to get what they want.

~~~~USCIS~~~~
02-12-11 -- Mailed CR1 Petition (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
02-14-11 -- Petition delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
02-16-11 -- NOA1 Text/E-mail
02-22-11 -- I-797C received in the mail
05-24-11 -- NOA2 E-mail (no text, no RFE)
05-28-11 -- I-797C received in the mail

~~~~NVC~~~~
06-07-11 -- Case entered into system
06-08-11 -- Received e-mails with DS-3032 and AOS
06-09-11 -- E-mailed and snail mailed DS-3032 and paid AOS fee
06-10-11 -- AOS status: PAID
06-14-11 -- Mailed AOS package (USPS First-Class Mail)
06-15-11 -- DS-3032 e-mail accepted by NVC and IV bill generated
06-16-11 -- Paid IV bill
06-17-11 -- NVC withdrew money for IV bill from my account
06-23-11 -- IV status: PAID
06-24-11 -- Mailed IV package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)
06-27-11 -- IV package delivered
07-11-11 -- Final Review
07-12-11 -- CASE COMPLETE
08-03-11 -- E-Mail received about interview date
09-12-11 -- INTERVIEW

~~~~Removal of Conditions~~~~

08-02-13 -- ROC window opens

08-05-13 -- Mailed I-751 package (USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation)

08-09-13 -- Package delivered (Delayed at Post Office)
08-12-13 -- NOA1
08-15-13 -- Check cashed
08-24-13 -- Received biometrics letter for September 10
08-26-13 -- Early walk-in for biometrics
09-16-13 -- Received letter stating our case was transferred to CSC on September 12
10-02-13 -- Received text/email update. Case changed from "transferred to Local Office" to "was transferred and now being processed at a USCIS Office"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

NOthing personal, but.. I do not think anyone can be protected from this. Even if you do not bring people here but marry someone here. Still the same thing. You just have to hope for the best. Just my two cents: this is definitely wrong attitude to think about it once entering relationship. If you are bringing person here you need to think how to make their adjustment smooth. If you think about possible fraud now.. I don't know.. Bringing foreign fiancee here is already a huge commitment. Marriage is a huge commitment by itself. You have to be sure that there is a true love there before making a decision to file for K1. If you have doubts don't do this. Pre-K1 commitment includes not only meeting once or twice but also connecting, feeling each other, suffering together if you will.. You have to have a strong feeling that you cannot survive without this person a single minute. The fact that you are thinking this way now makes me think that you have doubts.. If you do, I wouldn't do it for your own sake and for the sake of people that wait in line to be together with their loved ones. I am sorry but these are my 2 cents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NOthing personal, but.. I do not think anyone can be protected from this. Even if you do not bring people here but marry someone here. Still the same thing. You just have to hope for the best. Just my two cents: this is definitely wrong attitude to think about it once entering relationship. If you are bringing person here you need to think how to make their adjustment smooth. If you think about possible fraud now.. I don't know.. Bringing foreign fiancee here is already a huge commitment. Marriage is a huge commitment by itself. You have to be sure that there is a true love there before making a decision to file for K1. If you have doubts don't do this. Pre-K1 commitment includes not only meeting once or twice but also connecting, feeling each other, suffering together if you will.. You have to have a strong feeling that you cannot survive without this person a single minute. The fact that you are thinking this way now makes me think that you have doubts.. If you do, I wouldn't do it for your own sake and for the sake of people that wait in line to be together with their loved ones. I am sorry but these are my 2 cents.

Hello everyone ! I definitely agree with this poster. If the petitioner is having doubt then don't ever proceed. Just wanna express my thoughts about this topic -- as we cannot really generalize all situations. I am also a beneficiary of K-1 petition, in fact we just got our NOA2, of course I am happy for getting the approval, but I have mixed feelings. Me and Fiance was shocked to get quick approval. We thought it will come in July or August yet. I cannot live my work as yet. I do have a very good, nice and decent job here in our country. I had been traveling to other countries and within the country because of my work. There are good opportunities for me here. So, generally, I am Okay here so far- Praise and Thank God. But, going to live together with my Fiance in the US is a special thing for me. I love my Fiance so much and I do miss him a lot. He is a very nice, honest and loving guy. He made 2 trips / sacrifices just to spent time with me, my kids and family. And in 2 months hopefully he can come again as we miss each other very much. Just imagine how much money he is spending for the plane fares, that could be a lot already. Though he has a good job in the US, but I think he is not rich just to waste money. And on top of that we talk almost everyday on the phone because I don't have time to be online most often because of my work so it is very expensive. We both shared cost to make our daily communications possible. So just imagine having a long distance relationship is not that easy. It has to be with sacrifice, full commitment, sincerity, true love, and most important of all we have strong trust and faith in God.

So I think for me it is really not the place where you want to live together. My Fiance really wants to relocate here in the Philippines as he loves the weather very much. I welcomed with the idea considering also of my nice job here, but the problem -- he is not retirable age yet, still young. And getting work here is not that easy considering he is a foreigner and I don't think he will earn as much what he is earning in the US. That was why we thought of filing for K1, hopefully to be together soon in God's time. But we do have plans of coming home in the future and stay here for good.

I hope everyone will continue to TRUST God and to give more love and affection with each other. Don't worry for tomorrow -- I am sure God will never fail us -- Keep it up ! :thumbs:

I agree with San Diego..all relationships can be risky. Of course, marriage is a bigger deal/commitment. Some of the guys you may date here in the states have been "frauds" meaning they mask their true intentions...the whole synopsis is try to be hip to the game and wise then go by your gut. Risks are not always bad. Rich folks didn't make it to where they are by playing it too safe...some risks can be healthy and some dangerous. Not all dominicans or foreigners are frauds. Just know what your plan of action will be in the event things change...and people need to realize that sometimes things change after immigration not because of fraud but just because people spend more time w/one another finally and they realize they are not a match...be prepared yet do not focus on this...focus on prep for your new life and the happiness you anticipate. you have your VJ family to support you through this all!

Our Visa Journey

March 28,2010 Blessed day of Meeting

June 2010 Engaged

Jan. 7,2011 I-129F Sent

Jan. 10,2011 NOA1

March 8,2011 NOA2

March 16,2011 NVC Received

March 18,2011 NVC Sent to SDO

March 23,2011 Consulate Received

April 30,2011 Packet 4 Received

June 21,2011 Interview/Approved

July 8,2011 Visa Issued/Domex

July 23,2011 Point of Entry-Ft.Lauderdale Int'l

Sept 30,2011 Married, Miami Beach

Agree with most posts here. Treat this as a relationship you would have with anyone here, only this person happens to need a K-1. If you have doubts, then at the very least, you need to give yourself time to sort this out. Even if you have agreed to the K-1, you are entitled to change your mind if you are not sure. Expenses, or any other reason is not good enough to make a major mistake. Not that you are, but having doubts is a sure sign that more time is needed. FYI, after obtaining a K-1, there is a period of time where it is valid, meaning, your future spouse does not have to travel immediately. If your fiance cannot understand that some more time might be needed, I'd say some red flags are in place. I had a similar talk with my fiancee, at first, when I said that we would marry I noticed she was not so sure, so then before any commitment, we decide to let another 4-5 months go by and defer to the next time we met to have another talk and see it we were good with getting married. Only then the K-1 was filed (and that was about 3 months after)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.