SuPrincessa

If the worst happens....

24 posts in this topic

I agree with San Diego..all relationships can be risky. Of course, marriage is a bigger deal/commitment. Some of the guys you may date here in the states have been "frauds" meaning they mask their true intentions...the whole synopsis is try to be hip to the game and wise then go by your gut. Risks are not always bad. Rich folks didn't make it to where they are by playing it too safe...some risks can be healthy and some dangerous. Not all dominicans or foreigners are frauds. Just know what your plan of action will be in the event things change...and people need to realize that sometimes things change after immigration not because of fraud but just because people spend more time w/one another finally and they realize they are not a match...be prepared yet do not focus on this...focus on prep for your new life and the happiness you anticipate. you have your VJ family to support you through this all!

what u said is soooooo true... and thatz my biggest fear, that things will change when he comes to the U.S...but like you said people that risk will never go anywhere.... I guess what I'll dot is wait those 3 months they allow me to see how things go and THEN get married just in case.... but I will be praying about this so I can make the right decisions.... Thanx everyone for your support... I know u guys are here for me through of this.... and I'm here 4 u guys as much as I can be .. ..:) :) :) :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

what u said is soooooo true... and thatz my biggest fear, that things will change when he comes to the U.S...but like you said people that risk will never go anywhere.... I guess what I'll dot is wait those 3 months they allow me to see how things go and THEN get married just in case.... but I will be praying about this so I can make the right decisions.... Thanx everyone for your support... I know u guys are here for me through of this.... and I'm here 4 u guys as much as I can be .. ..:) :) :) :)

Just a reminder: K1 is not intended to get person here to determine the fit later. It is meant for people that already decided and confident.

Just a reminder: K1 is not intended to get person here to determine the fit later. It is meant for people that already decided and confident.

Yes u r correct... but I am just saying if that were to happen.. I am not planning on that......

that's exactly what i plan to do lol i only plan to get married ONCE so im using that 90 days to see if we can tolerate each other haha! 90 days can tell you ALOT about a person and any/all red flags should surface nobody is that good of an actor/actress it's just what you choose to turn the blinders on for and what you recognize. trust that.

Our Visa Journey

March 28,2010 Blessed day of Meeting

June 2010 Engaged

Jan. 7,2011 I-129F Sent

Jan. 10,2011 NOA1

March 8,2011 NOA2

March 16,2011 NVC Received

March 18,2011 NVC Sent to SDO

March 23,2011 Consulate Received

April 30,2011 Packet 4 Received

June 21,2011 Interview/Approved

July 8,2011 Visa Issued/Domex

July 23,2011 Point of Entry-Ft.Lauderdale Int'l

Sept 30,2011 Married, Miami Beach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why don't you go to your fiancee's country and stay 90 days there to get known about her? So that she doesn't have to make such a big change in her life: quit her job, say goodbye to her friends and family, and deal with other administration things...If you're not so sure to marry/start life with her, I would think using the visa for a "testing" is really selfish.

01/25/2011 NOA1

06/21/2011 NOA2

07/23/2011 Packet 3

08/09/2011 Packet 4

09/01/2011 Interview (Visa Approved)

09/21/2011 Visa delivery

11/15/2011 POE

02/10/2012 MARRIED!!

working on AOS...

-----

You & Me together

I would think using the visa for a "testing" is really selfish.

I am in agreement, and 90 days really isn't that long at all.

Not to seem cold hearted, but I think most of you will agree, at times I wish the internet was never developed. There have always been and always will be scammers, but the inernet is a great enabler. For those of who you "found love online" I am happy for you, but that same medium which has brought you happiness also contributes to the PITA immigration process we are dealing with now.

Also, I probably wouldn't procrastinate as much if the internet didn't exist - I seem to lose hours in my week checking my case status and on facebook and the likes :D

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

Why don't you go to your fiancee's country and stay 90 days there to get known about her? So that she doesn't have to make such a big change in her life: quit her job, say goodbye to her friends and family, and deal with other administration things...If you're not so sure to marry/start life with her, I would think using the visa for a "testing" is really selfish.

We're the breadwinners so moving to a country where it is competitive to even find a less thank ok paying job isn't feasible. I don't think she's saying she's not ready...she's saying she wants to make sure her fiance is ready...and honestly when you have a long distance out of the country relationship you can never be as sure as if it was a typical relationship where you naturally get to test certain elements. seeing someone for a total of a month out of the year in spurts is different than being close on a daily basis...you don't know all of the habits and pet peeves. we all have the hopes and expectations to carry through with the 90 day marriage commitment yet if during that time the relationship tanks...why would anyone proceed for the sake of carrying out protocol? Sorry but that's the advantage of the k1 even though its so costly! It's not breaking a law so we can't say that its unfair to anyone if it's well within the rights of the petitioner/beneficiary...just my 2 or 4 cents!!!

Our Visa Journey

March 28,2010 Blessed day of Meeting

June 2010 Engaged

Jan. 7,2011 I-129F Sent

Jan. 10,2011 NOA1

March 8,2011 NOA2

March 16,2011 NVC Received

March 18,2011 NVC Sent to SDO

March 23,2011 Consulate Received

April 30,2011 Packet 4 Received

June 21,2011 Interview/Approved

July 8,2011 Visa Issued/Domex

July 23,2011 Point of Entry-Ft.Lauderdale Int'l

Sept 30,2011 Married, Miami Beach

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ultimately, regardless of how much 2 people love each other, sometimes it's best in the end that people end the relationship. Afterall, half the couples in the US divorce for one reason or another. While I don't know the divorce numbers when a USC marries an immigrant I think it is fair to say that sometimes the immigrant becomes miserable in the US. It might not have anything to do with how much they love their fiance or new spouse. The life of a new immigrant in the US is not easy... not for the immigrant nor the USC. Throw in the fact that the immigrant has left behind their life and family and depression can set in. That is the largest benefit I believe a K1 has to offer. A couple cannot look ahead and determine that the immigrant will be just absolutely miserable in the US. Are there things the USC can do to try to alleviate the depression, or are there potential signs to watch for in advance for a USC to make a determination in advance whether he thinks his/her future spouse will be able to stay happy in the US and not miss his/her family etc? Sure. So, as others have mentioned, the K1 is not a 90 day period to "try" and see if the relationship will last. However, I agree completely that the 90 day period is at least "some time" to determine whether or not the immigrant will accustom themself to life in the US.

Further, some thoughts based on the OP's original post. Keep in mind, just because an immigrant leaves a USC or finds someone else does not mean that there was Visa fraud. Regardless of whether or not it happens in the first 90 days, first 2 years, or 10 years down the road you can't simply assume it's Visa Fraud. People fall in and out of love all the time... thus the reason the divorce rate in the US is so high. Be careful to accuse someone of Visa fraud simply because they leave you. If you already feel like you don't love your fiance or your fiance doesn't love you then you shouldn't follow through. The 90 day period is meant to marry, and I personally would have no problem letting/sending my fiance back to her home country if I see signs that a life in the US is depressing her, etc. It has nothing to do with whether or not one loves another person or not. If true love ain't there before you petition for the K1, then it's not time to petition yet.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.