bighman

This waiting game is killing me... NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. Our petition started Oct 27th 2010 and we finally got the aprroval letters for both i130 and i129 back on April 14th. Now we await NVC to receive the case file from USCIS. After waiting nearly a month, my wife called and they said they have not received it as of yet...and they said it may take UP TO 90 DAYS!!?? Sooooo frusterating seeing everybody that filed after us and they already received Visa's... :/

This is crazy... anybody getting the same shiet from NVC?

Edited by bighman

Hey everyone. Our petition started Oct 27th 2010 and we finally got the aprroval letters for both i130 and i129 back on April 14th. Now we await NVC to receive the case file from USCIS. After waiting nearly a month, my wife called and they said they have not received it as of yet...and they said it may take UP TO 90 DAYS!!?? Sooooo frusterating seeing everybody that filed after us and they already received Visa's... :/

This is crazy... anybody getting the same shiet from NVC?

You may want to email CSC to make sure it was mailed off. Their email is Csc-NCSC-FollowUp@dhs.gov. When I emailed them they wrote back within a few days.

yeMBfha.jpg

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I totally feel your pain. My husband and I also filed I-130 and I-129F with receipt dates of 11/15/10 and 12/02/10 and still have not received an NOA2. We put in a service request and got a letter saying wait 180 more days. Then we got the senator of our state involved and I just got off the phone with them and they got the same answer. Still in background checks, check back in 180 days.

I wish I could give you some good advice to help. I totally fell apart yesterday and just wanted to die because the pain and frustration is so terrible, but we can not give up. I sent them an e-mail yesterday telling them how devastated I was to get an answer telling me to wait another 6 months. So I will wait until next week and start calling and asking for a supervisor. It sounds like you need to be calling NVC and do not take no for an answer of getting help. If you are the husband and the petitioner, you will probably get some attention. I am the wife and the petitioner and I do not know if anyone is taking me seriously.

I wish you good luck and please know that you are not alone in this. It is driving us all a little crazy.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

yeah it's definitely an intense waiting game. My wife called and then emailed NVC Research and here is their reply:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please be advised that the National Visa Center (NVC) contacted U.S.

Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to locate your approved

petition. USCIS has informed the NVC, that your petition will be en

route to the NVC. Once we have received your petition, the appropriate

agent will receive further instructions within 6 to 8 weeks.

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Well thats better than the 90 days we were told over the phone....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

the same thing happened to me after the i-130 was approved i didnt hear anything for about a month maybe longer and finally i emailed nvc n i attached a copy of the approval letter n they emailed me back the next day that they had located it and they would mail me instructions...also i definitely understand how you feel about people that filed after you have already been approved i filed for my husband may 2010 n we are still waiting... Good Luck!!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just wanted to say - Jess Rocks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Just got our letter yesterday from NVC stating that they are processing our case and issued us our case number. :yes:

Now I'm a bit confused:

I sent NVC an email stating that I would like to receive all correspondence, and to cc my wife's email too. I sent it last night ,and am awaiting their reply. The email subject line had our case #, and the details had applicant name and date of birth, petitioner name and date of birth and a little blurb stating 'Please forward any correspondence to the following email addresses.' And that's all...was that what they were looking for?

thanks for your help and support everybody!

Timeline

Just got our letter yesterday from NVC stating that they are processing our case and issued us our case number. :yes:

Now I'm a bit confused:

I sent NVC an email stating that I would like to receive all correspondence, and to cc my wife's email too. I sent it last night ,and am awaiting their reply. The email subject line had our case #, and the details had applicant name and date of birth, petitioner name and date of birth and a little blurb stating 'Please forward any correspondence to the following email addresses.' And that's all...was that what they were looking for?

thanks for your help and support everybody!

Are you going to do the Electronic Processing or the regular mailing in your packages? If you do want to do the EP than you send in an OPTIN email with the OPTIN in the subject line. You should also call and get your Invoice ID # and the Beneficiary ID # if you don't have it already. If you are doing the EP than please read this guide as it is the best one around for Canada who are doing it electronically.

Saylin's Guide EP for Montreal

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.