khoamythovn

How many passport photos & I-131

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In the AOS guide states 2 passport photos. Is this for entire package or does EAD and AP require 2 passport of their own. Total of 6?

For the example AP Form I-131 Supplement, Part 7 asking Description of Travel. I am filling this part out just in case travel is needed.I do not know if my fiance will actually be needing to leave the country, but would need to fill this part out. What has others written?

For the copy of marriage certificate, it would cost $15 to get a certified copy. Can I just copy it and send it in or will it be worth the $15 to get a certified copy. What has others done?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need a total of 6.

We just put unknown for travel dates, and ticked more than one trip. To be able to travel while waiting to adjust status.

You send a copy of your certified marriage certificate, and if you have an interview, bring the original with you then.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
In the AOS guide states 2 passport photos. Is this for entire package or does EAD and AP require 2 passport of their own. Total of 6?

For the example AP Form I-131 Supplement, Part 7 asking Description of Travel. I am filling this part out just in case travel is needed.I do not know if my fiance will actually be needing to leave the country, but would need to fill this part out. What has others written?

For the copy of marriage certificate, it would cost $15 to get a certified copy. Can I just copy it and send it in or will it be worth the $15 to get a certified copy. What has others done?

Two (2) photos per application.

You don't send a supplement. You are applying for AP based on AOS, there is no "description of travel". It says "see instructions" under part 7 and the instructions explain that if you're applying based on AOS that you attach the NOA1. The same requirement exists for EAD and AP if you're trying to get the fee waived but as you're filing it together with AOS there is no need to file the NOA1 so no "supplement page".

Photocopy is fine.

There's an AOS thread in my signature that should help you (it has the doc list for each form).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does AOS, EAD, AP together count as 1 application? If so that would be just 2 photos or all 3 six photos?

Thanks for explaining the AP. It is so much easier now to do. I will just copy the marriage certificate and be done with it. Save some money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Does AOS, EAD, AP together count as 1 application? If so that would be just 2 photos or all 3 six photos?

Thanks for explaining the AP. It is so much easier now to do. I will just copy the marriage certificate and be done with it. Save some money.

No. The AOS is one application (I-485), the EAD is another (I-765), and the AP another (I-131) so 2 photos per application = 6.

Have a read of the AOS thread in my signature, seriously, it will explain everything AND give you the list of docs to attach.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.