Team Erra

Notice of Decision

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Today we recieved the notice of decision from USCIS (california) that they will not revalidate our expired fiance visa that was sent back from the consulate.

It appears that this really was the consulates only reason for denial and also USCIS's only reason for denial. I thought there was something fishy going on....

Since this is not a request for evidence and it even tells me that I am free to reapply for k1.

question: should I respond, reapply for fiance, or go to India and get married and starts ir1/cr1? Since k1 is only 4 months, what is the validity of ir1/cr1? I can't seem to find it.

suggestions? EXCITED that it's at least concluded not waiting, waiting, waiting!! :) It's like the best 4 year anniversary gift we could ever get!

April 27. 2007 Met accidentally on orkut.com

May 3. 2007 Began officially dating

November 4. 2007 In Love *swoon*

May 22. 2008 K visited India with friend

Feburary 2 2009 K's second visit to India

November 19. 2009 K's third visit to India: Engaged!

December 29. 2009 Hire Immigration attorney for help

March 28. 2010 I-129F sent in

June 16. 2010 Petition Approved - sent to National Visa Center

June 29. 2010 Packet 3 sent from Us Embassy

July 29. 2010 Packet sent from US Embassy Delhi

August 27. 2010 Packet recieved

September 17. 2010 DS 230 recieved

October 15. 2010 Petition expires :(

December 28. 2010 Interview Scheduled

January 28. 2011 Interview sent to administrative processing/additional documents required

February 10. 2011 K's fourth visit to India

February 14. 2011 Documents submitted to VFS Kelly & Nikhil together

March 10. 2011 Documents "non conclusive" petition sent back to NVC/petition not revalidated

April 30. 2011 notice to reapply - our petition expired, no other information given.

August 20.2011 K's fifth visit to India

November 11.2011 Team Erra will be married in New Delhi!

2013 we will begin CR1 visa after enjoying our lives as a married couple.

Advice welcome! :)

Team Erra never gives up!

What exactly was the reason for denial? If I missed it forgive me :unsure:

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Today we recieved the notice of decision from USCIS (california) that they will not revalidate our expired fiance visa that was sent back from the consulate.

It appears that this really was the consulates only reason for denial and also USCIS's only reason for denial. I thought there was something fishy going on....

Since this is not a request for evidence and it even tells me that I am free to reapply for k1.

question: should I respond, reapply for fiance, or go to India and get married and starts ir1/cr1? Since k1 is only 4 months, what is the validity of ir1/cr1? I can't seem to find it.

suggestions? EXCITED that it's at least concluded not waiting, waiting, waiting!! :) It's like the best 4 year anniversary gift we could ever get!

We have received the same notice of expiration of the petition and saying that we can refile a fresh petition. I do not think we should be replying to them unless they ask for it.

Good luck for your new process.

Timeline

What exactly was the reason for denial? If I missed it forgive me :unsure:

There was no reason for denial...just expiration. It appears I am now a part of the new K1 process that I just found about on this forum.

January 28. 2011 Interview sent to administrative processing/additional documents required

March 10. 2011 Documents "non conclusive" petition sent back to NVC/petition not revalidated

April 30. 2011 notice to reapply - our petition expired, no other information given.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you have a rejected K1 you can use the expiration as a reason to refile without waiting to hear from USCIS. Send the front loaded new petiton in with a letter stating you are assuming that the first K1 has expired. This forces them to pull both petitions and either send one of the 2 on to the embassy , effectively reaffirming the original or to send a NOID for the second petition , revealing the reason the virst petition was sent back.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

If you have a rejected K1 you can use the expiration as a reason to refile without waiting to hear from USCIS. Send the front loaded new petiton in with a letter stating you are assuming that the first K1 has expired. This forces them to pull both petitions and either send one of the 2 on to the embassy , effectively reaffirming the original or to send a NOID for the second petition , revealing the reason the virst petition was sent back.

Perfect..thank you. We have a letter from USCIS that told us,straight-up that we will not be revalidated because it expired, so I don't have to assume anything. I already have a counter-point letter ready of 8 reasons why they could have denied us (of course they haven't told us yet, just used expiration as the reason).

Question.... do I have to refile with K1? Can we get married with the possibility they will pull up our real reason for k1 denial? Or does that create more problems. We do want to get married in November and I will include all the reasons in our cr1 why we waited til November, etc.

We want to get married and I am willing to go to India and get married and be separate while married. Actually we will have more time together married cause I will stay with him family, and as unmarried couple I spend way lots of extra in a hotel.

I am looking for other possible reasons, from other people's experience as to why their petition was denied so I can cover my bases. Here are the reasons we have, anyone can send a few more.

here are the reasons I have in the letter, counter point to a possible denial...looking for more options

1. why we want to live in america vs. india (my business I have built)

2. why we had a 15 month gap between seeing each other (short term sacrifice to afford immigration process...now I see that as a mistake)

3. fiancee not being asked to provide my background, and barely being asked about me (I included all his questions and responses at interview)

4. how he's not "using me" for money

5. why he hadn't built up a full professional career

6. why our petition expired (6 weeks was stuck at lawyer's office, being niave)

7. proof of intent to marry as well as wedding planning details, and plans for children

I just thought of these, let me know what else to include

8. I will also include religious/cultural differences and how they make use stronger, not a bad thing

9. his denied tourist visa from 2009

10. I also don't have photos WITH his family, when we met we were all so nervous, never thought about it. This is a big reason why we want to get married vs. another k1 visa cause we'll have a lot of photos of our families together, my dad would come to india for my wedding and he'll meet his parents and photos galore!

11. ?? any others? we only have a 3 year age gap (I'm older) and met online 4 years ago but have huge evidence of communication.

Edited by Team Erra

Filed: Timeline

Perfect..thank you. We have a letter from USCIS that told us,straight-up that we will not be revalidated because it expired, so I don't have to assume anything. I already have a counter-point letter ready of 8 reasons why they could have denied us (of course they haven't told us yet, just used expiration as the reason).

Question.... do I have to refile with K1? Can we get married with the possibility they will pull up our real reason for k1 denial? Or does that create more problems. We do want to get married in November and I will include all the reasons in our cr1 why we waited til November, etc.

We want to get married and I am willing to go to India and get married and be separate while married. Actually we will have more time together married cause I will stay with him family, and as unmarried couple I spend way lots of extra in a hotel.

I am looking for other possible reasons, from other people's experience as to why their petition was denied so I can cover my bases. Here are the reasons we have, anyone can send a few more.

here are the reasons I have in the letter, counter point to a possible denial...looking for more options

1. why we want to live in america vs. india (my business I have built)

2. why we had a 15 month gap between seeing each other (short term sacrifice to afford immigration process...now I see that as a mistake)

3. fiancee not being asked to provide my background, and barely being asked about me (I included all his questions and responses at interview)

4. how he's not "using me" for money

5. why he hadn't built up a full professional career

6. why our petition expired (6 weeks was stuck at lawyer's office, being niave)

7. proof of intent to marry as well as wedding planning details, and plans for children

I just thought of these, let me know what else to include

8. I will also include religious/cultural differences and how they make use stronger, not a bad thing

9. his denied tourist visa from 2009

10. I also don't have photos WITH his family, when we met we were all so nervous, never thought about it. This is a big reason why we want to get married vs. another k1 visa cause we'll have a lot of photos of our families together, my dad would come to india for my wedding and he'll meet his parents and photos galore!

11. ?? any others? we only have a 3 year age gap (I'm older) and met online 4 years ago but have huge evidence of communication.

Did you had any pics with his family, any cultural engagement/ring ceremony where a lot of family members are involved because Delhi gives more weightage to this(my experience).

I think that it is better to consider for k1 now if you are planning a marriage in Nov.(After marriage,you will get CR1 visa in the end of 2012,which you can do anyway); apply a new K1, describing all these possible reason with front loading.

Have an engagement ceremony( if you have not done it yet), invite family/friends and take a lot of pics.

Search more and front-load old and new evidence in new petition.

After searching a lot, we are also going to apply for a new K1 next month including all these new engagement stuff.

Edited by R.&S.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There was no reason for denial...just expiration. It appears I am now a part of the new K1 process that I just found about on this forum.

Don't confuse USCIS with the Consulate. USCIS decided to let the expiration date of the approval rule their day but the visa was denied for a reason. Until you address the reason the Consulate didn't issue the visa, filing a new petition would be cruising for the same bruising.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Don't confuse USCIS with the Consulate. USCIS decided to let the expiration date of the approval rule their day but the visa was denied for a reason. Until you address the reason the Consulate didn't issue the visa, filing a new petition would be cruising for the same bruising.

Yes I understand that, but still don't know how to find out why we were denied. How do we address it? Just refile with front-load information addressing all possible reasons for their denial? that was my last post I amde, all possible reasons I had.

all my lawyer has said was "get married, there were no mistakes" on the first one and he doesn't know why we were denied either.

Timeline

Did you had any pics with his family, any cultural engagement/ring ceremony where a lot of family members are involved because Delhi gives more weightage to this(my experience).

I think that it is better to consider for k1 now if you are planning a marriage in Nov.(After marriage,you will get CR1 visa in the end of 2012,which you can do anyway); apply a new K1, describing all these possible reason with front loading.

Have an engagement ceremony( if you have not done it yet), invite family/friends and take a lot of pics.

Search more and front-load old and new evidence in new petition.

After searching a lot, we are also going to apply for a new K1 next month including all these new engagement stuff.

no we had private engagement. no photos with his family.

Reason we want to get married in nov. versus another k1 visa because even if they choose to deny our marriage on some sort of fraud, we would be moving forward. we would also have our families together, too. we would be married and we could live in india. the end-all for us is not married and living in america. but married and together. If we went through another k1 we could have another year unmarried. I just don't know if getting married would be some sort of misrepresentation.... we would address any reason for denial from k1 but I still don't know what it is until we get a NOID, if we ever will.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Some people ( lawyers included ) think the solution to a denied K1 is get married . That is so wrong. Marriage isn't the majic pill that will make the next petition fly thorugh. In fact being married ups the requirements for proof of relationship because married couples should have more things co mingled. You need to decide which path is personally right for you and take it. Don't expect either path to be easy.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes I understand that, but still don't know how to find out why we were denied. How do we address it? Just refile with front-load information addressing all possible reasons for their denial? that was my last post I amde, all possible reasons I had.

all my lawyer has said was "get married, there were no mistakes" on the first one and he doesn't know why we were denied either.

You would have been given some sort of information as to why the visa wasn't issued. The documents requested and the interview questions and answers are your window into "why".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I say that without a reason, I wouldn't do anything. I do not know exactly how you can get an answer to that question, but I would do my best to get an answer before making any decisions. Good Luck! :thumbs:

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

You can fill out the G-639 form , Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Request and ask for your visa case file including the consular officer's notes. Form is found at uscis.gov

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=6f2a4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You might have to pay a fee if the case file is too big.

I read thru your comments on this topic and think you and me and my fiance were both denied for the same reason. Not enough time spent in person. When my fiance received the denial letter, it stated, the following "You also mentioned that you have only met the petitioner once for two weeks over a year ago"..Urghhh...In my letter to the senator, i stated that the requirements stated 1 time during 2 years..We regretted me not going to India another time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I have been through this. The first thing to do, you should have to know the reason that the USEM denied the visa. Embassies are very quick to respond to Senators and Congressmen. So get in touch with your Senator or Congressman and let them contact the embassy. After knowing the reason of denial, then you can work for the next petition. USCIS used the delaying tactic to let the petition expire. But don't forget to organize the second petition. It took me almost three months to organize my second petition.

The other one, you can get married and file CR-1 too. However there is nothing to grant the issuance of the visa for this too. I personally saw individuals denied CR-1 visa for a very minor reason.

Edited by Love Eth

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.