Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

My cousin went there with her husband 2 years back on student visa then his husband helped his brother to get an admission in same university and now their parents also live with them on tourist visa. All this has been done in just 2 years time frame the whole family moved there, and here we are people like us ... waiting for this ####### to happen since ages ...

Hey puru444

I know it's disheartening, and trust me it pisses me off too, but our time will come.

As far as I can tell, your cousin and her spouses family are only there temporarily...once the study stops, they'll have to leave, right? And I'm sure the tourist visa is only for 6 months, so really his parents are just "visiting". If they stay longer than the 6 months they become out of status.

At least when we get our visa's we'll be able to work, move anywhere in the country and not be subject to all the criteria in place for study visa's.

B

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys, I passed my interview yesterday. I would say everything went exactly like what the VJs posted here, so I would not bother describing my interview again, everything was exactly the same!!. Just want to say that, just read the previous articles here relating to your country, then everything would be fine. Be patient and take it easy and be prepared, eventually all of us will make it.goofy.gifgoofy.gif

congratulations grade6.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They have wasted September and now october. ranting33va.gifranting33va.gifranting33va.gif

No one is getting IL's now, there's is no use to say this category F1. It works like an F5 if it exists ... this immigration system sucks man

Haha. Yup this is category F5. What's more frustrating is that there are so many folks who went to the US to live illegally and were able to "skip" the line, whereas we're still waiting as we're supposed to and still nothing. It's like we're being punished for following the law.

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

...What's more frustrating is that there are so many folks who went to the US to live illegally and were able to "skip" the line, whereas we're still waiting as we're supposed to and still nothing. It's like we're being punished for following the law.

True, but have their lives really been any better for it? Yes, they've been IN America, but they haven't been able to move freely or go back home to visit friends and family, for wedding and funerals etc.

They've probably had to take poorly paid "cash in hand" jobs.

The constant looking over your shoulder in case immigration is there...not for me!

Although the process is slow, we still have an advantage over many, many people who would love to start a new life in the US but will never have the opportunity to do so.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey puru444

I know it's disheartening, and trust me it pisses me off too, but our time will come.

As far as I can tell, your cousin and her spouses family are only there temporarily...once the study stops, they'll have to leave, right? And I'm sure the tourist visa is only for 6 months, so really his parents are just "visiting". If they stay longer than the 6 months they become out of status.

At least when we get our visa's we'll be able to work, move anywhere in the country and not be subject to all the criteria in place for study visa's.

B

I know all these things Baileys what u have just said. All this frustration gt increased over a time, i was waiting in F2b and thought mine will be processed soon and save my 2 years once i landed in F1 and now F1 is struggling with 2006 and its been more than a year and the way they intend to lead is looking even worst. Whereas, F2b is also in a same year 2006, it seems that F1 will be over come by F2b and situation will be same like it does in Phillipines cases where people are not getting naturalized due to this waiting pain.

I recently TRIED to understand the hell complicated Immigration Reform which is as lengthy as Bible, can anybody out here help us to understand whether is there any hope for F1's in that holy lifeline?? It more seems around the following issues:

1. Increase per country cap from 7 to 15% (i.e. not in our favour unless total numbers increases)

2. Employment numbers' concern

3. Legalize 20 million illegal immigrants (wish i dig the hole and entered like a mexican rat in mojave desert)

My landlord asking me the same question often times when im gonna vacant his home, and my answer is same every time he asks ... uncle, just 2 more years thats it ... its feeling like traveling in space ship to the trip of pandora!!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@ Puru444, I understand your pain. It's something we all share being on this waiting list. But we gotta keep praying and hoping for the BEST! What do you know, this upcoming bulletin might just surprise us in a positive way so lets keep the faith!

Timeline

Hey guys I wish you all the best this week. Please remember that there are positives to take from your current situation meaning, the vb is moving and having a moving vb is much better than one not moving.

You 06ers have already done the hard waiting work and now you should get through within a matter of months.

You 07ers should be cleared of within another 1 1/2 years.

Be positive and happy that you are almost at the end of your visa journey :)

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: Timeline

Yes you have to remove all clothing, It will be the last procedure but may be different in other countries.

Loudoff have you done your medical ? From what country ? Are you female ?

Thanks for your reply..

If you're already in the US the medical procedure is different. The physical exam involves looking at different parts of the body including the sex organ. Exactly what they're looking for beats me.

Thank yiou Mellow and Loudoff for feedback. Wow so not looking forward to the emdical exam when my time comes around.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with all that this process is horribly slow. But one thing that keeps me going is my faith and belief that God makes everything happen at the right time. Nothing happens before its time.

And I honestly believe that when we least expect it we will get some great news. Keep the faith friends!!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the moral support to those of us still waiting.

Meanwhile, I have a question. Did any of you who've already had his/her interview use a joint sponsor? It turns out my mother's income fell for last year and so we're having a relative sponsor jointly. What was the procedure about this during the interview? Did you just simply give the officer the joint sponsor's affidavit and documents?

Edited by javisakid

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thanks for the moral support to those of us still waiting.

Meanwhile, I have a question. Did any of you who've already had his/her interview use a joint sponsor? It turns out my mother's income fell for last year and so we're having a relative sponsor jointly. What was the procedure about this during the interview? Did you just simply give the officer the joint sponsor's affidavit and documents?

Javisakid, what about balance at the bank? My sponsor is a retired person. So, no income at all. At the interview, I provided the Embassy people with IFS (hope I still got the document name correct) and a bank statement giving the petitioner's balance amount.

Timeline

Javisakid that seemed to not be an issue. There were a number of people that had a similar issue when I was there to be interviewed. The interviewer just ask for new affidavit of support and a copy of either green card, naturalization cert or passport and new tax returns.

If you don't have it at the time of interview then they simply give you a form with it circled and you bring them it at a later date.

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

Thanks guys. I just wanted some indication of what takes place when the applicant takes in documents for a joint sponsor. I'm gathering the documents from my joint sponsor today. I hope to be fully prepared for the moment I'll have my interview.

Any last minute surprises this week you guys? I hope NVC had a happy holiday, and that we'll benefit from that, somehow.

Edited by javisakid

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello guys, I passed my interview yesterday. I would say everything went exactly like what the VJs posted here, so I would not bother describing my interview again, everything was exactly the same!!. Just want to say that, just read the previous articles here relating to your country, then everything would be fine. Be patient and take it easy and be prepared, eventually all of us will make it.goofy.gifgoofy.gif

I'm a little late to the party... but congrats grade6!!!

Hopefully we'll see some interview letters this week!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.