Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So guys, letters should begin coming out next week. Do you guys feel they'll move another five weeks to July 8, 2006? I'm feeling confident!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

So guys, letters should begin coming out next week. Do you guys feel they'll move another five weeks to July 8, 2006? I'm feeling confident!

This would be awesome! But I don't know what to think anymore, my mind keeps playing games with me lol

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

This would be awesome! But I don't know what to think anymore, my mind keeps playing games with me lol

Is your PD early September? Even if they move by four weeks, you're getting your letter for September, and mine in October!

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Hi Fellow F1's

Please allow me to share my experience:

I had my interview today and everything went great! I changed my original appointment date so this is not a late update:idea:

My interview was scheduled for 730am so I got to the embassy at 7AM and joined the queue. At around 7:25 a security officer came out to greet us and checked on our appointment letters. Shortly after we were permitted to enter and then instructed to go through security.

:clock:

Window 1: The officer checked my documents and asked for current tax forms, police certificate and updated photo. Then asked basic questions like who is my sponsor, my age and martial status and occupation. Once all documents were updated, I was fingerprinted and signed a document stating that I will not get married before arriving to the US or else my visa benefit will be forfeited.

:clock:

Window 2: Final interview my fingerprints were verified and then the officer proceeded by asked me the same basic questions. I was a frequent traveler to the US so the officer asked me questions about my prior visits and the durations. He was very pleasant which made me very comfortable.

I will give the same advice as Superlongwait gave: Answer all questions truthfully as they have a lot of our information on their screens. Most times they are asking questions on information that they are viewing simple to know if you are being honest. Know the information on your forms, be honest and confident then hopefully you will hear the wordsWelcome to the US or You are all set as in my case:joy:

The embassy did not have courier service on site, so after the interview I went over to DHL and mailed in my passport with the letter they gave me and prepaid return mailer.

Good Luck to all, safe travels and make a great life in America.:thumbs:

Hi for all :-)

Kindly can you please add me to the watch list, my PD June 4th 2007.

Good luck for all :-)

Congrats long awaiting. :)

Welcome joury.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a feeling they will. If they even move four weeks, it would be better than three weeks. I pray it will continue to move speedily at five weeks.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Timeline

Hey everyone... Been busy so I just got the chance to check in ... West soon my dear soon... So happy for u n ur grandma Simj32 n it was a pleasure to help you! I have been in the help mode with immigrant visas since the late 90s I love for families to be together and would love everyone to be able to experience another country... Longawaiting congrats so very much... Just to add whatever persons u r using on ur filing papers just make sure u have info abt them with u eg Simj with her joint sponsors info... These people will ask u anything that can prove something...:)... Good u posted the checklist too Simj..:)...

I came to the states 13 days ago n I got my greencards today!!! so thumbs up to USCIS for that...

Also I hope and I also do think the VB will keep moving 5 weeks n maybe even more!!! Let's keep praying!

F1junkie.. Don't let neone tell u rubbish... The USCIS will mail ur greencard to only USA addresses so if u change ur address in the states u can let them knw when u get to the POE wen u get here u better sit ur bottom down n wait to have the greencard to travel with before leaving the USA zeen??? Tek it easy I hone to bed! One love my peeps!

Timeline

Hey GraceA it is always nice hearing from you :) . I am very happy to hear that you got your green card in such a short time, under two weeks is not that bad at all.

I will have to wait for the Visa to be delivered before leaving the states. I have no problem with that.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Is your PD early September? Even if they move by four weeks, you're getting your letter for September, and mine in October!

Yes, early September. I can't wait! tongue.png

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

Grace, glad to see everything's sorted. Good luck on your new life in the states!

Szoeie, there isn't a separate work permit. Your green card is your authorisation to live and work permanently.

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Hey everyone... Been busy so I just got the chance to check in ... West soon my dear soon... So happy for u n ur grandma Simj32 n it was a pleasure to help you! I have been in the help mode with immigrant visas since the late 90s I love for families to be together and would love everyone to be able to experience another country... Longawaiting congrats so very much... Just to add whatever persons u r using on ur filing papers just make sure u have info abt them with u eg Simj with her joint sponsors info... These people will ask u anything that can prove something...smile.png... Good u posted the checklist too Simj..smile.png...

I came to the states 13 days ago n I got my greencards today!!! so thumbs up to USCIS for that...

Also I hope and I also do think the VB will keep moving 5 weeks n maybe even more!!! Let's keep praying!

F1junkie.. Don't let neone tell u rubbish... The USCIS will mail ur greencard to only USA addresses so if u change ur address in the states u can let them knw when u get to the POE wen u get here u better sit ur bottom down n wait to have the greencard to travel with before leaving the USA zeen??? Tek it easy I hone to bed! One love my peeps!

Grace, good to hear from you. Yes, I can't wait to get this over with. A few Q's! What email add: did you use to contact Kingston embassy after they send you the IL without packet 4? Was it the same one on the IL or is there another one. I want to know incase I happen to have the same ordeal as you with packet 4. Thanks!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Timeline

I used this address West... It's the same one they list to be contacted mail inquiries to KingstonIV@state.gov

f1junkie yes just wait for the GC before u leave.. And guys please pay the immigrant visa fee BEFORE u leave Ur countries.. U will get GC quicker I think...

Yes szoie the GC is ur permit some employers will accept the I55 stamp in ur passport but some prefer the GC... Whichever way ur legal but u have to pay that $165 USD in order to get the GC

Thanks javisakid

Timeline

Thanks again Grace. Have a great day!good.gif

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.