Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone, first I want to say congratulations to everyone on the board who has had a successful interview and is finally able to carry on with their life!!

Secondly, I had my interview at the Montreal Embassy yesterday and I wanted to share my story.

My appt. was for 9am and I arrived at the Embassy at 8:40am. When I entered the building i was asked about my DHL number and I thought I had totally prepared myself but somehow failed to know this was even a requirement! It was not a problem however. The lady gave some a sheet of instructions on how to complete that, I left the embassy and went to a pay phone around the corner and registered myself with DHL in about 5 minutes. I returned to the Embassy and checked in. I got my number and waited for it to be called.

At about 9:20 my number was called and I was asked to submit all of the docs they asked for: Police certificate, updated taxes and a copy of my passport. She asked if I had a new DS-260. I did not bring a new one because I had filled it out online and was not asked to renew it. Turns out the initial form I filled out was adequate.

After the lady confirmed I had all my docs I took my number and sat down again and waited.

At about 11am I was called up to speak with the CO. It was weird, I just stood at the counter and talked to him, for some reason I thought it would be in an office or something. Anyways, he was extremely friendly. Asked who was the petitioner, what did my father do for work? Etc. This seemed more conversational than anything. He asked about my work (I am in IT), said he used to work for Microsoft so we started talking shop for awhile. It was very relaxed at this point.

He briefly reviewed my paperwork as we casually chatted about my future plans (get my Masters), where I would live (with my family) and then he said the magic words: "Welcome to the United States of America." I thanked him several times and after he gave me my letter I said I would now be spending the day crying tears of joy. rolleyes.gif

Without getting into too many personal details, I will also say there were some issues in my file that I was worried would make me inadmissible but when the CO asked me about it I was very honest and forthcoming. Fact is, they know all of our details anyways - many times they are asking questions to see if we will be truthful. So go in there, make sure you have all of your papers, be confident, dress the part and have faith that you deserve this opportunity and that it will all work out as it should.

Sending prayers and good vibes to everyone who is still waiting!!

Congrats Superlongwait!!! I am very happy that your interview was successful. I agree about being honest when questions are asked but I wont be volunteering any information.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thanks Oli, very good information, thank for the link, I'll check it out more often.

We were given a choice between electronic process and traditional manual process. We chose electronic process then Guangzhou is the only place handles the electronic process in China. Now feels like the electronic process is slow and more inconvenient, am I correct?

Ahzou99, please visit this web page. Some people said that electronic process was far better than manual / paper process.

http://visa01.5d6d.net/thread-55389-1-2.html

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Superlongwait!!! I am very happy that your interview was successful. I agree about being honest when questions are asked but I wont be volunteering any information.

Thanks f1junkie. I handled it that way too...honest but succinct. No need to overly share because I honestly feel like their decision may be already made before we get up to the interview counter. CO seemed to just be confirming what he already knew so no point in complicating the situation with unnecessary details.

Good luck, hopefully just a few more months for you.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No interview letters peeps? wow.gif

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks f1junkie. I handled it that way too...honest but succinct. No need to overly share because I honestly feel like their decision may be already made before we get up to the interview counter. CO seemed to just be confirming what he already knew so no point in complicating the situation with unnecessary details.

Good luck, hopefully just a few more months for you.

Thanks superlongwait. Please remember to check in on us from time to time.

No interview letters peeps? :wow:

That's what I am saying too West. Your pd is soo close! Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

Yes it is f1junkie...I hope to be current in the August bulletin. If I'm current in the next bulletin, it would be unbelievable. I just pray and hope for good movement.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Good morning guys,

I just want to let you know that my sister came on Wednesday, May 29. We are very happy to finally see her here with us, except that we had a little bump in the road. She has two children, one twenty-yeard old boy and a thirteen-year girl, well, they did not allow her girl to come with her because they needed the permission signed by the Dominican consulate signed by her father. Her father lives here in New Jersey, so my poor niece was crying becuase she couldn't come with them. So the next day, yesterday, we went to the Dominican consulate here in NYC and meet with her father and he signed the permission, now my sister has to go back to bring her.

My questions is do you think my ister will have any problem if she go back to DR before she received her green card? Also, we want to wait for my niece to submit all the green card request at the same time and pay them all together. Please let me know your input. Thanks.

Timeline

Ahzou99, please visit this web page. Some people said that electronic process was far better than manual / paper process.

http://visa01.5d6d.net/thread-55389-1-2.html

no the electronic process is way faster than the manual process

Timeline

Good morning guys,

I just want to let you know that my sister came on Wednesday, May 29. We are very happy to finally see her here with us, except that we had a little bump in the road. She has two children, one twenty-yeard old boy and a thirteen-year girl, well, they did not allow her girl to come with her because they needed the permission signed by the Dominican consulate signed by her father. Her father lives here in New Jersey, so my poor niece was crying becuase she couldn't come with them. So the next day, yesterday, we went to the Dominican consulate here in NYC and meet with her father and he signed the permission, now my sister has to go back to bring her.

My questions is do you think my ister will have any problem if she go back to DR before she received her green card? Also, we want to wait for my niece to submit all the green card request at the same time and pay them all together. Please let me know your input. Thanks.

i think ur sister should wait for her green card before going back. my mother had to get her green card before travelling back to jamaica. your sister will have to apply for travel permission which is known as advance parole status. please check it out. if she leave without getting her green card she maybe deny entry back in the u.s.a.

i think ur sister should wait for her green card before going back. my mother had to get her green card before travelling back to jamaica. your sister will have to apply for travel permission which is known as advance parole status. please check it out. if she leave without getting her green card she maybe deny entry back in the u.s.a.

I'm not sure this is correct, but I'm happy to be corrected.

My understanding is that the stamp in the passport is the temporary green card until you receive the physical one so you should be able to travel in and out of the country on that.

Advanced Parole is if you attend to be out of the country for a significant length of time i.e. more than 6 months.

Tania, if you sister is literally just flying back for a week or so to collect her daughter, I really don't think there would be a problem with this.

Happy for someone else who knows differently to chime in.

B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.