Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Another experience to cheer up those who are still waiting.

My grandma is 91 yrs old, my mom did not file for her because she did not want to live in the state because of illness. We arrange for someone to keep her but that did not work out. so i decided to have her visa renewed which had expire in 2011. i got an appointment date for July 9, 2013. The embassy told me that because of her age she don't have to come in for the interview since she is renewing but i must call and make another appointment before her interview date which is July 9 for her to do her finger print and take in any additional document. i call the embassy June 10 after my interview. the consular told me that the earliest appointment to do her finger print is June 13 but since she is an elderly they r going to cancelled her original appointment and let her do her finger print and interview on June 13. i took her there last thursday and they did not do the finger print they just took her passport and approved her visa. it took about 20 minute. they did not even ask one question. i got her passport with her visa delivered this morning.

Hi everyone,

I feel like sharing a part of my interview that i did not share with you. My experience might help to encourage someone.

My mother file for My sisters and i at the same time so we are all on the same filing. it so happen that we were given different priority date. that is 18,22 & 24 April 2006.My priority date is the 18 but one of my sister who's pd is the 22 got her interview date on the 7th June 2013 while mine was on the 10th June 2013. she went for her interview on the 7 June and they told her she needed a joint sponsor which we already had so she was turn down and was told to get a joint sponsor and send them the information. When my sister came home i was disappointed after we have waited for seven years. I decided to keep my appointment but i was sure i would be told the same thing. The morning of my interview i prayed that God would work a Miracle. I was the first to be process but i was telling others that i am not going to get through i am just here to keep my date. But after remembering that i ask the Lord to work it out for me i asked him to forgive me and allow me to trust him.seconds after praying my name was called for the interview. I was ask to present my joint sponsor latest tax document, copy of her passport and citizenship paper which i did. The consular then smile and say congratulation your visa has been approved. that's how God work, just trust him.

Thanks for sharing Simj32. I am really happy that your grandmother got her visa. I believe that things happen for a reason so dont be too sad about your sister, just know that it will happen when it should.

Have a great day my friend.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi for all :-)

Kindly can you please add me to the watch list, my PD June 4th 2007.

Good luck for all :-)

Welcome Joury!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Timeline

So I called NVC a few mins ago, since I haven't done so in awhile and not expecting to hear much. I ask if I'm schedule for interview and the lady said they are currently processing PD of April 22, 2006 and May 2006 but it will be soon now.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Hi Fellow F1's

Please allow me to share my experience:

I had my interview today and everything went great! I changed my original appointment date so this is not a late update…idea9dv.gif

My interview was scheduled for 730am so I got to the embassy at 7AM and joined the queue. At around 7:25 a security officer came out to greet us and checked on our appointment letters. Shortly after we were permitted to enter and then instructed to go through security.

ClockWatch2.gif

Window 1: The officer checked my documents and asked for current tax forms, police certificate and updated photo. Then asked basic questions like who is my sponsor, my age and martial status and occupation. Once all documents were updated, I was fingerprinted and signed a document stating that I will not get married before arriving to the US or else my visa benefit will be forfeited.

ClockWatch2.gif

Window 2: Final interview – my fingerprints were verified and then the officer proceeded by asked me the same basic questions. I was a frequent traveler to the US so the officer asked me questions about my prior visits and the durations. He was very pleasant which made me very comfortable.

I will give the same advice as Superlongwait gave: Answer all questions truthfully as they have a lot of our information on their screens. Most times they are asking questions on information that they are viewing simple to know if you are being honest. Know the information on your forms, be honest and confident then hopefully you will hear the words…”Welcome to the US” or “You are all set” as in my case…dancin5hr.gif

The embassy did not have courier service on site, so after the interview I went over to DHL and mailed in my passport with the letter they gave me and prepaid return mailer.

Good Luck to all, safe travels and make a great life in America.good.gif

Timeline

Congrats Long Awaiting!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.