JanaWithoutKhodor

Got my RFE paperwork today, confused:(

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I received my RFE today. I am very confused as to whether I need to send all the information again, or just the things listed that weren't initially sent. They are asking for proof of courtship (sent), proof of relationship (sent), travel for visits (sent boarding passes, hotel receipts, itineraries but not receipts), petitioner's parents knowledge of relationship (not previously sent), relatives of all U.S. relatives (not previously sent) and other evidence such as parents birth certificates, death certificates..

Do I need to resend all the information as far as proof of the relationship and courtship? As far as all relatives in U.S., what do they want, brother, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts? Seriously!!!! I don't want to leave anything out but want to know how immediate of family they are looking at. As far as my receipts for travel, I paid with credit cards but I have closed some of the accounts since they have been paid off. What should I submit then? Does anyone have any experience with this? I am sorry for rambling, I just want to do everything right so we don't get another RFE......

Timeline

Wow that seems like an entire laundry list of thingst that they are asking for :(

I know, I am soooo bummed. I submitted alot of this already so obviously it wasn't good enough. I do have some new pictures from my last trip, including our engagement picture so I will submit that. I will have to track down my parent's birth certificates, death certificates. I am sad because I know obtaining these documents will take some time and prolong the process even more:(

Timeline

Is there a reason you can think of that is causing them to have a red flag?.... If I was you I would over send documents etc. so that you dont have to hear from them again.

K

Yes, I think the red flag reason is we have a 10 year age difference, me being older:S I am going to resend every document I have, every photo, every text, every email, every phone call, etc...... We have been together almost 3 years, is likely going to take a truck to send it all......

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes, I think the red flag reason is we have a 10 year age difference, me being older:S I am going to resend every document I have, every photo, every text, every email, every phone call, etc...... We have been together almost 3 years, is likely going to take a truck to send it all......

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I think this is ridiculous. What does your parent's birth certificates have to do with you getting you visa application approved. And why does it matter what your family knows or doesn't know. This is the most painful and unbelievable process in the world.

It is so scary.

I wish you the best.

Thank you,

Terry

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

make copies of receipts hotel, itineraries, boarding passes a copy of your passport stamps,if you get gifts there you used your atm card get statements, highlite, send some copies of your E.MAILs,get copies of your phone records,get copies if you ever sent money ,western union,get friends to write a letter that can say thay know you 3 people get notorized,.. your immediate is mother, father, sister, brither, son, daughter,if any of then is in the us get on of the to give you a copy of there noa2, or green card, or citizen ship, hope some of this helps. good luck.

Timeline

I think this is ridiculous. What does your parent's birth certificates have to do with you getting you visa application approved. And why does it matter what your family knows or doesn't know. This is the most painful and unbelievable process in the world.

It is so scary.

I wish you the best.

Thank you,

Terry

Thanks Terry, I guess they are doing their job, but, yes, it is very painful and unbelievable. My father is dead, my mother had a stroke many years ago and doesn't understand much so my sister has power of attorney over her. I will have to have her document my mom's condition, verify she is aware of our relationship, so on and so forth. I think they want the parent's birth certificates to verify what was reported on the initial application. Anyhow, here we go again:) Thank you for your wishes, hope your journey goes well also......

make copies of receipts hotel, itineraries, boarding passes a copy of your passport stamps,if you get gifts there you used your atm card get statements, highlite, send some copies of your E.MAILs,get copies of your phone records,get copies if you ever sent money ,western union,get friends to write a letter that can say thay know you 3 people get notorized,.. your immediate is mother, father, sister, brither, son, daughter,if any of then is in the us get on of the to give you a copy of there noa2, or green card, or citizen ship, hope some of this helps. good luck.

Thanks, everything helps right now:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is this an RFE for an I-129f petition? Most of the things you mention are in no way required and have n bearing on an I-129f petition.

Can you make a copy of the RFE and post it here?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

never heard of so many requirements for a K1 petition. Unless!! mmmmmm mmmm

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The checklist is intended for all purposes. Therefore, it wil contain a long list of items but some are not applicable to you. I highly suspect that they will require family status documents for spouse petition. Please look closely to the RFE you received. Only those ticked/marked applies to you. If in doubt, just call them and ask for what they specifically need. That will ensure you don't waste your time acquiring something that does not even apply to you. Again, check if there are items marked. If yes, submit those. If they were already submitted, call them and clarify with them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think I got the same RFE only mine was for the CR1/IR1. I'm not sure if I've seen this RFE for a fiance visa before. I hired a lawyer when we got ours because I didn't want to forget anything or make any mistakes. You don't need to resend all the information, they are asking for evidence that they haven't seen yet from you. You should really try to get documentation of proof of payment for your travels, maybe the credit card company can send you something even if your account is closed. As far as relatives in the U.S., it means "all" relatives, including aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, etc. When I put together my list, the attorney said if I hadn't spoken to someone in a long time and didn't have their contact information, to put "no contact"....but I still had to list them. As far as knowledge of the relationship, I had letters of affidavits with the original petition from several family members, but for the RFE I asked them to write them again, with much more detail. I also had to include my father's death certificate, and my mother wrote in her affidavit how she knew of our continuing relationship and our marriage. I also included "many" more photos with the RFE response, a letter from my employer, and a few other things. Can you post the RFE? It would help to see if it's the same or different. Don't panic, everything will be ok.....just take your time and check off each thing as you do it, so you don't forget anything. Best of luck to you;)

I received my RFE today. I am very confused as to whether I need to send all the information again, or just the things listed that weren't initially sent. They are asking for proof of courtship (sent), proof of relationship (sent), travel for visits (sent boarding passes, hotel receipts, itineraries but not receipts), petitioner's parents knowledge of relationship (not previously sent), relatives of all U.S. relatives (not previously sent) and other evidence such as parents birth certificates, death certificates..

Do I need to resend all the information as far as proof of the relationship and courtship? As far as all relatives in U.S., what do they want, brother, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts? Seriously!!!! I don't want to leave anything out but want to know how immediate of family they are looking at. As far as my receipts for travel, I paid with credit cards but I have closed some of the accounts since they have been paid off. What should I submit then? Does anyone have any experience with this? I am sorry for rambling, I just want to do everything right so we don't get another RFE......

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think USCIS is digging deeper into MENA petitions before they send it off to the consulate(at least if they approve it).

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Timeline

Is this an RFE for an I-129f petition? Most of the things you mention are in no way required and have n bearing on an I-129f petition.

Can you make a copy of the RFE and post it here?

I have attached the RFE to this, not sure if it will work, I will try another way if it doesn't....

20110426093139.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.