DavidandIrina

Binding the I-129F to send it in

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm like two days away from binding and sending in my I-129F petition. However, I have some questions for ya'll. How do they like it bound? Its quite a wad of paper... at least an inch thick and that isn't including the skype conversations (4300 pages.. hah! No Gary I'm not going to include them all :-P )

Anyways, one of the guys here used a Acco Steel Fasteners with holes punched on the top. Another person I know used a 3 ring binder that is punched at top. Seems they like top-punched holes?? What are the best fasteners? I need to go down to Staples to pick up something tonight.

ALSO, what is the best way to label things? Put all the papers into plastic document bags and write on them? Use sticky labels?

Thank you!

David and Irina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm like two days away from binding and sending in my I-129F petition. However, I have some questions for ya'll. How do they like it bound? Its quite a wad of paper... at least an inch thick and that isn't including the skype conversations (4300 pages.. hah! No Gary I'm not going to include them all :-P )

Anyways, one of the guys here used a Acco Steel Fasteners with holes punched on the top. Another person I know used a 3 ring binder that is punched at top. Seems they like top-punched holes?? What are the best fasteners? I need to go down to Staples to pick up something tonight.

ALSO, what is the best way to label things? Put all the papers into plastic document bags and write on them? Use sticky labels?

Thank you!

David and Irina

Oh my Lord why bother, they are going to just pull it apart anyways. All you have to do is put your papers in order cheque on top and place it in a plastic sleeve and then put in a business envelope. We used paper clips. don't go stapling anything makes it harder for them to pull apart. Just make it simple. An inch think man what are you sending?:blush::wow:

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Actually I just read this in one of the instruction forms:

Note: Place all required items in a large, flat, envelope for mailing to the USCIS.

Do not staple or tape documents or photos together or place them in a binder.

Simply attaché the documents + copies, documents + translations, etc. together

with strong paper clips or other similar devices. Do not place documents into

three ring or other binders or holders as the USCIS reviewer will have to

disassemble it before reviewing. Simply place all documents neatly in the

envelope with everything held together with simple clips. Photos should be

placed in a clear plastic bag and affixed with a clip to the package of forms. Mail

the documents package as indicated above.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you!

David and Irina

No holes, no binders, just use paper clips and binder clips.

No bags; they will bust is all up and refile it anyways.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What about identifying things? Sticky notes?

Nope. Thats what the cover page is for, you list it in order on your cover page. That goes in front of everything and the check is clipped in front of that.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You can use sticky notes if it makes you feel better - I put stickies on a few things just to clarify. But yes, don't put anything in a binder - I just separated various sections using paperclips then bound the whole thing together with a big binder clip.

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I used paper clips and a binder clip on the whole thing. They will disassemble it anyway. Putting photos in some sort of cover or even a ziplock bag is a good idea.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I two-hole punched the top of our documents and followed the advice I received from the online lawyer I subscribed to. Even though I front-loaded the submission, our petition was approved in 122 days (no RFEs) by CSC. Double check everything. VJ continues to be the best source of information. Good luck David and Irina.

September 7, 2009 - met Lena online
October 20, 2010 - First Meeting in Kharkov
Oct 20, 2010 - Engaged
December 3, 2010 - Filed I-129F
December 16, 2010 - NOA-1 notification
December 30, 2010 - Second Visit to Kharkov
February 8, 2011 - Touched
April 18, 2011 - NOA-2 notification
April 18, 2011 - Petition at NVC
April 25, 2011 - Medical Exam
April 26, 2011 - Received at Embassy
April 27, 28, 29, 2011 - Repeat medical (passed medical)
May 5, 2011 - Packet #4 received by mail in Ukraine
June 17, 2011 - Interview scheduled 9:00 AM
June 17, 2011 - Visa approved
June 18, 2011 - Interview Review posted
July 11, 2011 - POE - Detroit
July 17, 2011 - Applied for Marriage License
July 17, 2011 - Applied for SSN
August 17, 2011 - Married in Russian Orthodox Church - Detroit
November 11, 2011 - Submitted AOS/EAD/AP
January 3, 2012 - NOA 1
February 7, 2012 - Still no Biometrics appointment
February 10, 2012 - Service Request - no Biometrics appointment to date
February 29, 2012 - Infopass appointment Detroit (no Biometrics appointment letter - over 40 days)
March 9, 2012 - Biometrics
March 12, 2012 - EAD card production email received
March 23, 2012 - EAD received
March 24, 2012 - AOS interview appointment for April 24, 2012 (Detroit)
April 24, 2012 - AOS approved!
May 2, 2012 - 2 year provisional Green Card received
June 2, 2012 - First job - Russian Kindergarden in Oak Park, Michigan

Feb 5, 2014 - I-751 sent

Sept 19, 2014 - RFE

Nov 3, 2014 - Case moved to Detroit Field Office

Dec 29, 2014 - ROC Interview - Detroit Field Office

Feb 16, 2015 - I-751 approved after 2nd interview

Feb 18, 2015 - I 551 stamp in passport

Mar 5, 2015 - 10 year Permanent Resident Status

Timeline

I used paper clips and a binder clip on the whole thing. They will disassemble it anyway. Putting photos in some sort of cover or even a ziplock bag is a good idea.

I have plenty of paper clips and some large binder clips that would fit my stack of paperwork. :-)

Thank you my friends! I appreciate all of your wisdom and knowledge! Exciting to finally be able to file my petition!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And high lights all the dates and locations all your supporting documents like stamps,receipts,transportaion etc...About pictures used zip lock and put all the pictures inside and write down the date and places in the back of each if needed :)

HaCpm7.png

xpFGm7.png

No binding, just strong paper clips, and the table of contents for the main file.

We front-loaded our evidence of previous meeting. For that I had another table of contents and put page numbers for easy reference (boarding passes, chat logs, photos). I also used peel-off side tabs with labels. Liberal use of highlight pens...these guys see a ton of paper, I think it just makes it easier for them if you mark the key stuff.

Good luck.

Dec 05, 2011: Received U.S. permanent resident status (AOS based on K-1 visa)

Dec 16, 2013: Removal of conditions on green card

Apr 28, 2015: Became a U.S. Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

No binding, just strong paper clips, and the table of contents for the main file.

We front-loaded our evidence of previous meeting. For that I had another table of contents and put page numbers for easy reference (boarding passes, chat logs, photos). I also used peel-off side tabs with labels. Liberal use of highlight pens...these guys see a ton of paper, I think it just makes it easier for them if you mark the key stuff.

Good luck.

I don't agree with the paper clip supporters, I used the ACCO fasteners two holes at the top there is a good post on here that gives the order to place all the documents

Paper clips only add to the bulk of the package and the ACCO fasteners allow for easy disassembly of the whole package in one step rather than many paper clips Im sure that the uscis will appreciate those who do not use paper clips just my 2 cents

06/10/11 Embassy Interview ( Said we were approved but, no visa due to birth certificate correction )

07/12/11 New Appointment to hand in the Original Birth Certificate Finial Approval

07/25/11 Still waiting for Visa to be received

08/04/11 POE at Orlando International

08/20/11 Married

Filed for AOS

Sent AOS,EAD & AP in same package 3/19/2012

Package Tracking Shows it was received 3/21/2012

Check cashed 03/26/2012

Waiting for NOA

Received EAD & AP May 28 2012

Received 2yr green card Sept 15 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.