elingeniero

Proof of Relationship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Regarding proof of relationship materials, I sent in my application just before I went out to see her a third time, and will be going out to see her again Wednesday, with 4 days in her little industrial hellhole hometown in LiaoNing scheduled.

Is there a way of getting that data in front of the VO for consideration in our application? I came across a post from last June by Bleauwolf regarding front loading the application while it's being brocessed at the NVC.

But this is a K-1, and NVC has given us a case number as of the 14th, and will be sending our stuff out any day. I don't know if we are going out via SAFEFILE or not, I have a GUZ case number. So there will be no time to do it through NVC, we'd have to use the NVCGuangZhou@state.gov email address to front load it, or could we send it in along with the DS-230 from the P3?

PS.I seem to be lucky; my fiance seems to trust me. I didn't catch a bunch of flack for suggesting she only listen to the girls on 001 posting from the US ... and even then they might not know everything.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It you have the GUZ number already then it's too late to send anything in an attempt to front load. Front loading for the K-1 process is sent along with the I-129F. The email for the consulate is for questions only they don't care or will not accept any documents via email. The only thing you can do now is let your fiancee bring in any additional documents you want to show during the interview. It may or may not be needed. Only answer or give what is requested by the VO, never offer anything information or documents, it might mess everything up...

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding proof of relationship materials, I sent in my application just before I went out to see her a third time, and will be going out to see her again Wednesday, with 4 days in her little industrial hellhole hometown in LiaoNing scheduled.

Is there a way of getting that data in front of the VO for consideration in our application? I came across a post from last June by Bleauwolf regarding front loading the application while it's being brocessed at the NVC.

But this is a K-1, and NVC has given us a case number as of the 14th, and will be sending our stuff out any day. I don't know if we are going out via SAFEFILE or not, I have a GUZ case number. So there will be no time to do it through NVC, we'd have to use the NVCGuangZhou@state.gov email address to front load it, or could we send it in along with the DS-230 from the P3?

PS.I seem to be lucky; my fiance seems to trust me. I didn't catch a bunch of flack for suggesting she only listen to the girls on 001 posting from the US ... and even then they might not know everything.

The concept of front loading is based on a "theory" that the Consulate cannot re-adjudicate information contained in a petition that has been reviewed and approved by the USCIS. Trying to add info after that fact does not work for this "theory." Mind you that front loading is still a "theory" and has not yet been proven to be guaranty or even being helpful in assisting in the approval process.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
front loading is still a "theory" and has not yet been proven to be guaranty or even being helpful in assisting in the approval process.
Pay, how can you know? No CO is going to blurt out "Had you not front-loaded your petition, I'd have never granted this visa." It HAS been stated here, many times, that it appears that the COs made up their minds ahead of the actual (perfunctory) interview. For consulates that are known to be difficult, sensible front-loading can't hurt and very well may help.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pay, how can you know? No CO is going to blurt out "Had you not front-loaded your petition, I'd have never granted this visa." It HAS been stated here, many times, that it appears that the COs made up their minds ahead of the actual (perfunctory) interview. For consulates that are known to be difficult, sensible front-loading can't hurt and very well may help.

How can you say anything else or to the contrary... It is a fact... it has not been proven either way.

BTW, I never said it would hurt so please do not add to my statement

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Elingeniero,

The term you used, "front loading" I didn't know that was what I was doing to my K1 app back in 2003. My cover letter was long. I included everything in my K1 app that people said didn't need to be there. I wanted to tell a story about my life, I wanted to highlight the good because truthfully I have a 30 year old arrest record that has never been expunged or sealed. I wanted to tell my fiance's story and our story together, a story of true love. I selected and included our correspondence and pix, a representative of each month prior to our app submission. I also included notarized letters from about 8 people that knew us as a couple and had first hand knowledge of our relationship.

Now I don't know if front loading was the reason why we were approved. I'd like to think it so however, I tried to anticipate everything and answer all questions before they were asked. I wanted to have the CO or whoever read our "story" and had no doubt about our relationship and have them feel good about approving our app. Hope this helps.

Met Salvador on internet dating website Dreammates.com April 2002

We decided to meet in person Buenos Aires, Argentina August 2002

1st K1 petition approved w/ interview date March 2004

Didn't attend interview, we decided Salvador should first return to Cuba

Petitioners First Name: Toria

Beneficiaries First Name: Salvador

Visa Type: K1

Beneficiary's Country: Cuba

Service Center: VSC

Embassy: U.S. Interests Section, Havana, Cuba

Date I-129F Sent (mailed USPS Overnight) : 12/18/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Date) : 12/21/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Notice Date) : 12/29/05

Date I-129F NOA1 (Received Snail Mail) : 1/5/06

Touched! 1/4/06

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 1/31/06 34 days!!

Date Package Received By NVC: 2/3/06

Date Package Left From NVC: 2/9/06

Date Received By Consulate : 2/21/06

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 2/22/06

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) : 4/28/06

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4): 5/9/06

Interview Date : 8/8/06

Date Visa Received : 8/8/06

Date Applied for Cuban Exit Visa : 8/10/06

Date Rec Cuban Exit Visa : 2/6/07

Date of US Entry : 2/7/07

Date of Wedding : 2/8/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think a better way to go, outside of 001, is to ask some of us for our wive's emails or QQ adds if she really has questions or concerns. My wife read some of 001 and knew what was going on and steered clear. There are just some Chinese women (and some in all cultures) who enjoy playing mind games and this is not going to help your fiancee. The last thing that you want is some fourth-K1 denied gold-digger messing with your fiancee. And the idea that the ones in the US are somehow safe is not a good foundation, because I know a few personally who have very intelligently convinced their men that their relationship is real and that their past is honest (and non-existent). Good luck! :thumbs::whistle:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It you have the GUZ number already then it's too late to send anything in an attempt to front load. Front loading for the K-1 process is sent along with the I-129F. The email for the consulate is for questions only they don't care or will not accept any documents via email. The only thing you can do now is let your fiancee bring in any additional documents you want to show during the interview. It may or may not be needed. Only answer or give what is requested by the VO, never offer anything information or documents, it might mess everything up...

I'm told when they send the application electronically, they just scan the forms and a minimum of the evidence. Front loading in this context is damn near impossible.

I'm having to contend with a 20 year age difference. On the other hand, she's not from a high-fraud area of the PRC, I've been over to see her 4 times, and I have a high enough income that I don't need the cash a snakehead would give me for a fraudulent visa application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.