joshbola

Finally Received NOA2

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's great DJ !!!

Good to see that the 5 month time line played out....waiting is no fun, but when it all works the way it is supposed to, we can all feel a little bit better.

Looking forward to your NVC updates as you go thru that process!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank You Everyone, I know the waiting sucks, but I am glad that it was done within 5 months. I have aleady read alot of the Shortcuts Guides and I even printed lot of the material and I am ready for NVC. My AOS Packet is ready, just waiting on get the Case # and then I will start to put it all together and send it out. Regarding my Wife side, I talked to her two weeks ago and I ask if she wants me to handle the paperwork or if she wants to do it. I told her that if I take over, things would move faster. But I have already mailed her DS-230 and DS-3032.

Again Thank You to everyone for all your help and all the input and I wish that everyone get there NOA2 soon. Now you will find me in the NVC Section of thos fourm. See Ya Guys Their!

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: Timeline

Hello there Everyone, I just wanted to share with you the good news. It is the weekend and I was praying so hard all month long and my prayers were finally answered, I have just received my NOA2 and of course it says they have approved it and have fowared the case to NVC. I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for all the help and wish me good luck with NVC. I will give NVC about a week and then I will start to call and try to get my case #. Thank You Again and I will ask for help if needed.

Josh

Congrats! You were approved in 4 months & 2 weeks. Update your VJ time-line.

Filed: Timeline

Thank You, just for the heck of it, I checked USCIS website and it stil shows Inital Review, but who cares, I got my NOA2 and thats all that matters. I will call USCIS next week and say BIG Thank You.

Can you tell us if the USCIS website shows your correct status yet?

Is it common for people to get NOA2 in the postal mail first than the online update?

Filed: Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Good News Congratz to you! :)

I see you sent in you I-130 3 days before me...... so hopefully I will hear something Soon as well...

Edited by Mellie&Irvin

9-17-2010-Married Yey! :)

USCIS

I130 Sent 11-19-2010

I130 Approved 4-13-2011

NVC

37 days through NVC.

NVC received 4-26-2011

Nvc Completed 6-2-2011

Interview : 7-15-2011 :) YEY!

7/15/2011 -Interview Approved! :)

Timeline

Can you tell us if the USCIS website shows your correct status yet?

Is it common for people to get NOA2 in the postal mail first than the online update?

I just checked USCIS and still Shows Inital Review! Maybe they will take there swet time to update it.

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just checked USCIS and still Shows Inital Review! Maybe they will take there swet time to update it.

Josh

Yeah it takes time to update...sadly ;( but congrats on your noa2 and it shouldnt take too long to get the numbers from nvc prob a week...i called each day after 3pm when they do updates to the auto service to see..and then one day the auto service just started spitting out numbers so fast it scared me i hung up lol anyway call each day dont listen to them...they will tell you 4-6 weeks but you can still call...they can't stop you ;) good luck!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Thanks, thats the plan. I will Call NVC everyday if I have to, because I know that once I get my Case # and Invoice number, life would get really easy for me. Thanks Again!

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Burundi
Timeline

ok Guys, now down to business. For the People who has started there NVC Paperwork, how long does it usually takes before NVC will get my case. My idea was to start to call them after One week and see what happens. Is this a good idea? I did not wanted to start another thread, so I will ask most of my NVC question in here before I start to ship out my paperwork.

Please share your thoughts on What would be a good step for me, now that I have NOA2 in hand! Thank You!

Josh

it took me six days from approval date to my case being assigned the case number at nvc. just keep on calling th nvc automated number, and if the case is in, you will immediately hear the nvc case number. now have your beneficiary prepare the email for the choice of agent, and as soon as th nvc case number has been assigned, you send the email ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 04, 2007 I met my fiancee in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania

Feb 20, 2010 We got married in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania

Oct 29, 2010 I mailed I-130

Oct 31, 2010 I-130 arrived at USCIS

Nov 02, 2010 NOA1 written

Nov 08, 2010 Received NOA1 hard copy "priority date 10/31/2010"

Mar 14, 2011 Touch

Mar 23, 2011 USCIS approves the petition

Mar 24, 2011 Touch

Mar 28, 2011 Received NOA2 hard copy "APPROVED" Many thanks to God!!!!

Mar 31, 2011 NVC received file from USCIS

Apr 02, 2011 Received forst e-mail from NVC with AOS bill included

Apr 03, 2011 Paid AOS bill

Apr 05, 2011 AOS fee status "PAID"

Apr 06, 2011 Received AOS package via e-mail and IV bill generated

Apr 08, 2011 IV bill paid

Apr 12, 2011 IV bill status "PAID"

Apr 14, 2011 AVR "IV package is being generated"

Apr 18, 2011 mailed AOS

Apr 29, 2011 asked NVC if AOS ahs been received, answer "wait till 20 days from mailing date"

May 02, 2011 E-mail form NVC RFE "needs to send DS-230"oooh!!!! Thank God am working on it!thought was something big!

May 11, 2011 I mailed DS-230 and supporting civil docs via USPS

May 16, 2011 called NVC to ask if they have received D-230. answer, same ####### "wait 20 business days from mailing date" uughhhhh!!!

May 20, 2011 Case closed at NVC

May 21, 2011 Log on NVC payment system and get SIF.... OMG!!! so nervous!!!

May 29, 2011 Received Email IV packet... Interview July 6th, 2011, nervous to death!!!

Jul 06, 2011 Interview**** APPROVED!!!!! YEEHAWWWW!!!! and Thanks to God!!!!!

Jul 13, 2011 VISA picked up at the embassy

Jul 18, 2011 Entry to the US, POE JFK NYC

Timeline

Awesome, Thank you for the input and just to update, I just got a text message from USCIS and of course e-mail regarding my case be updated and now Officially The Status Is Post Decision Activity. I guess it's Monday so everyone comes to work and updates the case. Thanks Again!

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

It took 14 days for me to get my case number and assorted other numbers. The plan to wait a week is pretty good; then start annoying the operators. ;)

As to what you should do now, if you haven't, read the LingChe shortcuts to NVC. Start getting your documentation needed together. Be proactive and don't wait on NVC to send you any paperwork. This part is largely driven by YOU and not by NVC, so hop to it! :)

Where can I find the Lingche shortcuts to NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.