coolrobin2

Emergency Medical Visa

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You all were very helpful before and I thank you. My friend is in the K1 process with his girl and was getting antsy.

Everything went really bad this week. He had a heart attack last week and didn't know it. He went to the doctor on Monday and was hospitalized from there. He will not be going back to the Philipines to collect his wife; she is very upset that she cannot be here with him.

The attorney hasn't answered me on how long it takes to get an emergency VISA. I don't know that she knows.

Has anyone here been through that? How long does it take? Any clue? A tiny clue is better than none at all. I have none...

Thank you,

Robin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You all were very helpful before and I thank you. My friend is in the K1 process with his girl and was getting antsy.

Everything went really bad this week. He had a heart attack last week and didn't know it. He went to the doctor on Monday and was hospitalized from there. He will not be going back to the Philipines to collect his wife; she is very upset that she cannot be here with him.

The attorney hasn't answered me on how long it takes to get an emergency VISA. I don't know that she knows.

Has anyone here been through that? How long does it take? Any clue? A tiny clue is better than none at all. I have none...

Thank you,

Robin

Sorry to be pedantic but is she his wife or fiancée? A K-1 visa is a fiancée visa.

Do you know what stage they're at with the visa? If it's the USCIS stage your friend can request an expedite - he would need to provide proof of his medical condition and even then there's no guarantee it would be approved. If they're past that stage (if they already have their NOA2) then I'm not sure if there's any way to speed up the process. Maybe someone else will be along soon who has experience with this kind of thing. :thumbs:

Edited by Shawn & Emi

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Sorry to be pedantic but is she his wife or fiancée? A K-1 visa is a fiancée visa.

Do you know what stage they're at with the visa? If it's the USCIS stage your friend can request an expedite - he would need to provide proof of his medical condition and even then there's no guarantee it would be approved. If they're past that stage (if they already have their NOA2) then I'm not sure if there's any way to speed up the process. Maybe someone else will be along soon who has experience with this kind of thing. :thumbs:

They are at initial review. They filed the K1 October 28/ they are engaged. We call her wife because they had a little ceremony in Ilegan, but no certificate. The attorney made an inquiry, but UCSIS stated it could take up to 60 days for a response.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you,

Robin

This is just my feeling and not legal advice. If they are in the NOA1 Stage of the process and/or NOA2 of the process and Filed for a K-1 Visa meaning not Married. Then, there is no real real reason for Expedite. IF it was a CR-1 and they were married then I think that would apply. The K-1 does not require him to go back to the Philipphines. I understand what thier Attourney is saying. There Engaged and not married. I have an Attourney also and believe if I called her from a hospitol and asked to expedite our petition based on my medical health and a K-1 Petition the answer would be NO. Get better and wait.

I hope He gets better and soon their together. I also feel the Attourney should have told the petitioner/beneficiary this upfront instead of making it wait 60 days.

I hope it all works out.

I will ask a moderator to delete this post if you wish. This is just what I think and I'm just trying to reply. Maybe I should'nt have. There are other members that can add better than this.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

This is just my feeling and not legal advice. If they are in the NOA1 Stage of the process and/or NOA2 of the process and Filed for a K-1 Visa meaning not Married. Then, there is no real real reason for Expedite. IF it was a CR-1 and they were married then I think that would apply. The K-1 does not require him to go back to the Philipphines. I understand what thier Attourney is saying. There Engaged and not married. I have an Attourney also and believe if I called her from a hospitol and asked to expedite our petition based on my medical health and a K-1 Petition the answer would be NO. Get better and wait.

I hope He gets better and soon their together. I also feel the Attourney should have told the petitioner/beneficiary this upfront instead of making it wait 60 days.

I hope it all works out.

I will ask a moderator to delete this post if you wish. This is just what I think and I'm just trying to reply. Maybe I should'nt have. There are other members that can add better than this.

Thank you. The notice from immigration came right after my friend went into the hospital; so the health emergency didn't happen yet. We will wait and see if the attorney can do anything. I hope he can hold in there; he only has about 20% of his heart working. He wants her here, she wants to be here with him; they are so close to being able to be together. It's terrible for this to happen to them; the timing couldn't be worse.

Timeline

Thank you. The notice from immigration came right after my friend went into the hospital; so the health emergency didn't happen yet. We will wait and see if the attorney can do anything. I hope he can hold in there; he only has about 20% of his heart working. He wants her here, she wants to be here with him; they are so close to being able to be together. It's terrible for this to happen to them; the timing couldn't be worse.

I'm so sorry.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Thank you. The notice from immigration came right after my friend went into the hospital; so the health emergency didn't happen yet. We will wait and see if the attorney can do anything. I hope he can hold in there;

he only has about 20% of his heart working.
He wants her here, she wants to be here with him; they are so close to being able to be together. It's terrible for this to happen to them; the timing couldn't be worse.

Are you saying that is heart is only working at a 20% capability, never the less I wish a speedy recover for your friend. There is always heart surgery and most have proven to be successful. (F)

Timeline

I wish surgery was an option. They can only treat him with chemicals, so his prognosis is not so great. He has no family near to care for him; getting Beng here is so very important.

I really hope something can be arranged so they can be together soon, it sounds like a terrible situation for everyone involved. :(

K-1 Visa Process:

AOS Process:

12/14/10 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really hope something can be arranged so they can be together soon, it sounds like a terrible situation for everyone involved. :(

My American fiancee is medically ill, not dying, but had kidney failure a number of years ago, and requires help. we applied for a medical expedite out of the VSC, which was approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

First of all, we are sooooo sorry for this happening. We hope that the information that we want to tell you is accurate. Abi and I were living in a very bad part of Mexico while we waited for her K-1 Visa to come through. We knew that this, in and of itself, was not enough reason to get our case expedited. After we arrived in the US, we discovered that during the wait for the Visa that she and our children could have come here while waiting for the Visa to be processed. I have not seen anyone here on Visa Journey mention this, and I cannot really tell you where we found this information. And really, since so much time has passed, I cannot be sure I even know what I am talking about. I am about 80% sure about this. It is not a great help, but maybe someone on this site knows what I am talking about.

I thought we can get k-1 visa petitions expedited based on medical grounds. Am I confused or can the OP request for expedite and see if it is approved?

AOS Journey

6.25.2014 Sent off I-130 and I-485 (Day 0)

6.27.2014 Package Delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Day 02)

7.2.2014 Text Messages/Emails Received (Day 07)

7.7.2014 NOA1 Recv'd w/ June 30th Priority Date (Day 12)

7.12.2014 Recv'd Biometrics Appt Letter for 7.25.2014 (17)

7.14.2014 Early Biometrics Walk-In (Bronx ASC- gave us hard time and made us wait an hour and a half just to receive a number but we got it done) (Day 19)

7.29.2014 Status changed to "Testing and Interview" (no text or email notification) (Day 34)

8.28.2014 Received Text/Email "Card/Document Production" (Day 64 (Day 59 from Priority Date))

9.5.2014 Received Text/Email that EAD card has been mailed (Day 72 (Day 67 from PD))

9.8.2014 EAD Card received!! (Day 75 (Day 70 from PD))

9.12.2014 Applied for SSN (Day 79 (Day 74 from PD))

9.18.2014 Received SSN (Day 85 (Day 80 from PD))

10.08.2014 Received Interview Date for Nov 14th!! (Day 105 (Day 100 from PD))

11.14.2014 Interview Date!!! (Day 142 (Day 137 from PD))

Timeline

I thought we can get k-1 visa petitions expedited based on medical grounds. Am I confused or can the OP request for expedite and see if it is approved?

You're right, OP's friend can request an expedite based on his current medical condition. It's worth a try, there's nothing to lose by doing so. There just aren't any guarantees that an expedite will be approved, but it's still worth requesting one.

K-1 Visa Process:

AOS Process:

12/14/10 - Biometrics

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The Petitioner can ask for an expedite based on his medical condition and it would probably be approved. Would still take a couple months to get the visa, at least. If it were a spouse of a US Citizen, there's a good chance of an emergency visitor visa. However, if the petitioner dies, unless both married AND permanent resident status is ALREADY granted, there would be no path to legal residence for the foreign beneficiary.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

My American fiancee is medically ill, not dying, but had kidney failure a number of years ago, and requires help. we applied for a medical expedite out of the VSC, which was approved.

This Post shows Anything is Posible. Best Wishes.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.