Bad_Daddy

Missile from Gaza hits Israeli school bus; 2 hurt

80 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_israel_palestinians

Israel strikes hard in Gaza after school bus hit

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israeli aircraft and tanks pounded Gaza on Friday, killing seven Hamas militants and five civilians in a surge of fighting sparked by a Palestinian rocket attack on an Israeli school bus the day before.

Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers seemed on the brink of another round of intense violence, just a little over two years after a three-week war in which persistent rocket fire from Gaza triggered a devastating Israeli military offensive in the territory.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the attack on the school bus "crossed a line" and warned that "whoever tries to harm and murder children will pay with their life."

In Thursday's attack, Gaza militants hit a yellow Israeli school bus near the border with a guided anti-tank missile, injuring the driver and badly wounding a 16-year-old boy. Most of the schoolchildren on the bus had gotten off shortly before the attack. Hamas, which had largely held its fire since Israel's last major offensive, claimed responsibility.

Early Saturday, an Israeli airstrike against a vehicle traveling near Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip killed three Hamas militants, including a senior commander, the group said.

Hamas said 29-year-old Tayser Abu Snima and two of his assistants were killed in the blast. Israel confirmed he strike.

The early morning attack brought the two-day death toll from Israel's ongoing retaliation to 17 Gazans — 10 militants, a Hamas policeman and six civilians — amounting to the bloodiest tally since Israel and Hamas wrapped up their three-week-long war more than two years ago.

The dead Friday included three civilians killed by Israeli tank fire and three militants killed in an airstrike, both near the southern Gaza town of Khan Younis. Another militant was killed in an airstrike in northern Gaza.

Later, an Israeli tank shell struck a cemetery east of Gaza City, killing two civilians, including an 11-year-old boy, said Palestinian health official Adham Abu Salmiya. The military insisted the strike targeted militants and that it had no information about any civilian casualties.

Gaza militants fired some 30 and mortar shells at southern Israel on Friday, causing no injuries, the Israeli military said.

For the second day in a row, Israel's cutting-edge Iron Dome missile defense system successfully intercepted Palestinian rockets aimed at Israeli cities, the military said. The system knocked down rockets aimed at the Israeli cities of Ashkelon and Beersheba. Reinforced rooms and early warning systems also have helped keep Israeli casualties low.

Studies at some Israeli schools near Gaza were canceled Friday because of concerns for the students' safety.

It is unclear if Hamas was trying to provoke a new conflagration, if it was not fully in control of all of its fighters, or if it believes Israel would pull back before invading Gaza again. Israel was condemned internationally after the last incursion.

Hamas said the rocket attack was in retaliation for the killing of three fighters in an airstrike earlier in the week. At around midnight Thursday, with Gaza rocked by explosions, the organization announced a cease-fire, though it later claimed responsibility for some of Friday's strikes. A small PLO faction, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the radical Islamic Jihad group also said they fired at Israel.

The Israeli strikes continued, hitting Hamas facilities and smuggling tunnels, after Hamas announced its cease-fire. Electricity lines and transformers were damaged, causing blackouts in some parts of the territory, according to Jamal Dardsawi, a spokesman for Gaza's Electric Distribution Company.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday condemned the bus attack and expressed concern over civilian casualties in Israel's strikes. He called for "de-escalation and calm to prevent any further bloodshed."

Thousands of rockets from Gaza have hit Israeli towns and cities since 2001. Israel's attempts to stop the rockets have included military incursions and covert operations abroad aimed at disrupting Hamas' efforts to procure arms.

In February, a Palestinian engineer was seized from a sleeper train in Ukraine and showed up several days later in Israel, where he has been charged with masterminding Hamas' rocket program. Last year a Hamas operative was assassinated in Dubai, and Israeli agents are widely assumed to have been responsible. Israel identified the man as a Hamas agent responsible for obtaining weaponry from Iran.

This week, Sudan accused Israel of being behind an explosion that killed two in Port Sudan. The blast was thought to be linked to arms smuggling to Gaza. Israel would not comment.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

3169823715_4b1c7a3415.jpg

aren't these victims too, or you only can see what u wanna see, it's you that root for terrorism

Since Hamas frequently uses civilians, schools, daycares etc as human shields it is difficult to put your photo into full perspective. Having said that, of course any father viewing his dead children is heartbreaking. Unfortunately that leaves us full circle as to the circumstances which lead up to the death of these kids.

Have you seen Hamas preschool shows? You know, the ones that help little kids understand why mommy needs to strap on a vest of dynamite?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Presumably if i said yes, that would prove your point too ;)

No answers both questions I posed. Yes makes no sense grammatically.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

And I'm guessing that could have been avoided if missiles weren't fired into Israel. It doesn't take rocket science to figure it out that if Hamas doesn't fire missiles into Israel, Israel won't retaliate. But then again seeing how Hamas could give two sh*ts less about Palestinian lives....

killing civilians in the course of retaliating from Hamas can never be justified, Hamas is a terrorist group only to Israel, it is not a threat to anyone else.

Since Hamas frequently uses civilians, schools, daycares etc as human shields it is difficult to put your photo into full perspective. Having said that, of course any father viewing his dead children is heartbreaking. Unfortunately that leaves us full circle as to the circumstances which lead up to the death of these kids.

Have you seen Hamas preschool shows? You know, the ones that help little kids understand why mommy needs to strap on a vest of dynamite?

I've never seen what you're talking about and you know i am positive you've never seen it either

Israel has oppressed the Palestinians for decades, tearing down their houses, confiscating their land, the nation has no way out, Israel has left the Palestinians with no land, hope or life, There will be no peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis unless Israel stop taking more land from them, which i don't think it will happen so there ya go

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

killing civilians in the course of retaliating from Hamas can never be justified, Hamas is a terrorist group only to Israel, it is not a threat to anyone else.

I've never seen what you're talking about and you know i am positive you've never seen it either

Israel has oppressed the Palestinians for decades, tearing down their houses, confiscating their land, the nation has no way out, Israel has left the Palestinians with no land, hope or life, There will be no peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis unless Israel stop taking more land from them, which i don't think it will happen so there ya go

Post a link please showing Israel breaking a truce with Hamas. Let's see this.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Here are your Hamas heroes...

Hamas uses civilians... Again...

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Hamas' Sesame Street... Or something... But Barney it isn't...

And of course we learn from Hamas' version of Mr. Rogers television that bombs are more precious than children...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

us-eg.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Timeline

Good source of information there, mate. Totally unbiased. "The occupation forces perpetrated a butchery."

Why don't you post some of Al Qaeda's informational links here too, for completeness sake.

:rolleyes:

Human Rights Watch

http://www.hrw.org/en/middle-eastn-africa/israel-and-occupied-territories

Amnesty

http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/israel-occupied-palestinian-territories

:huh:

us-eg.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

3169823715_4b1c7a3415.jpg

aren't these victims too, or you only can see what u wanna see, it's you that root for terrorism

Sounds like you do. Tell you what, Sam 0 ray, why don't YOU do something to help those poor victims ? Why bother with immigrating to the US when you can stay right there in your ch!t hole and help fight the 'bad guys'.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sounds like you do. Tell you what, Sam 0 ray, why don't YOU do something to help those poor victims ? Why bother with immigrating to the US when you can stay right there in your ch!t hole and help fight the 'bad guys'.

Not exactly a fair question now is it. One might ask why any of the other blowhards who pipe up on these topics to either justify atrocities or trap off one liners about religions of peace don't 'do something'.

What are you doing?

Edited by fishdude

Timeline

I am not in a ####### Hole, that's where you came from and belong to :huh:

us-eg.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Not exactly a fair question now is it. One might ask why any of the other blowhards who pipe up on these topics to either justify atrocities or trap off one liners about religions of peace don't 'do something'.

What are you doing?

Praying. I guess though shalt not kill is totally out the window now. You can do anything in the name of Heaven and justify it in the end. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif